A heartfelt letter from Steeler Nation

bradynumber4

Reaction score
This is what Ron said on Steeler nation

I hope they do win just for the sake of their fans' mental health. If they're still pissed off that much about all things Steeler from a game they were beaten in legitimately, how bad will it be if they lose to known cheaters?

So his true colours are revealed. He believes superbowl 40 was legitimate.All those roids in the 70's were legitimate too weren't they Ron? Doesn't mean it was right that you had a clear advantage just like you did in SB40 and 43 when you had the refs in your pocket.

Lett's make this clear. Pats have been caught cheating once. The alleged story about the pats spying on the Rams before SB36 is just that, a story. The tapes weren't shown because they don't exist. Someone one makes up allegations and the public believes it, because you're all gullible. If the pats were going to cheat with deflated balls, it would make more sense to leave that that trick for the superbowl against a team we have a much better chance of losing against.

camdawg

Reaction score
Ron Burgundy":n8efv7ds said:
We love our Steelers as a team.
Love for Mike Tomlin runs about 50/50 at best. We call him Coach Cool Shades or Captain Obvious on our board. Each week the day before his Tuesday presser I make a thread called the MT Word Of The Week where I pick a Tomlin catchphrase with the over/under and also the "Obviously" over/under (he uses the work "Obviously" a lot) which can be as high as 23 in a 20 minute presser, it's comical.
We love Bussy. 6th leading rusher of all time. Should be in the HOF.
We laugh and throw things at the TV when the national broadcasters spew the typical stereotypes and untruths about Pittsburgh and the Steelers (Cris Collinsworth is especially disliked) ahnd many of us turn down the volume on the TV and listen to the local broadcasters on the radio who know WTF they're talking about with the Steelers.
http://www.nextpittsburgh.com/business- ... able-city/

No running back with a career yard per carry average of less than four belongs in Canton. Hell, in nine of his thirteen seasons, Bettis averaged less than four yards per carry. Ran for ten TD's or more only twice. He'd be a charity case.

seahawk12thman

Reaction score
To my fellow 12s (and I may get flamed for this)

Super Bowl XL is over and in the ash heap of history. I feel we got hosed by the officials but there was no conspiracy. Bill Leavy and his crew had a horrible day. I have a friend who is a Steeler fan and he agreed that the officiating was horrible but he felt like the Steelers would have won anyway but because it was so poorly regulated, it looked like the Hawks got robbed. He also said it would have been an epic game. I can't argue with that because we'll never know.

The Rooney 's have been "fatherly" figures in the NFL community and that closeness was scrutinized in light of the controversy and Steeler fans have been ostracized for it. It might explain some of their frustration because it is thrown in their face.

If Steeler fans are here to troll...... So.what??? Our organization prides itself on being positive and focusing on us. If..... These guys are going back to their forums and make fun of us let em (their negative energy not ours). If they want to join the bandwagon for a couple weeks because they hate the Pats**, great! More positive energy for us.

The only thing that is important now is vanquishing these cheaters and being the greatest team in the world again and going for history next year on our hated enemies own field.

Adversity doesn't make a man, it defines him. Let's not stoop to any man's level, I would rather raise the bar instead.

Go Hawks!!!!!

seahawk12thman

Reaction score
bradynumber4":3lcy0blk said:

I hope they do win just for the sake of their fans' mental health. If they're still pissed off that much about all things Steeler from a game they were beaten in legitimately, how bad will it be if they lose to known cheaters?

So his true colours are revealed. He believes superbowl 40 was legitimate.All those roids in the 70's were legitimate too weren't they Ron? Doesn't mean it was right that you had a clear advantage just like you did in SB40 and 43 when you had the refs in your pocket.

Lett's make this clear. Pats have been caught cheating once. The alleged story about the pats spying on the Rams before SB36 is just that, a story. The tapes weren't shown because they don't exist. Someone one makes up allegations and the public believes it, because you're all gullible. If the pats were going to cheat with deflated balls, it would make more sense to leave that that trick for the superbowl against a team we have a much better chance of losing against.

No he doesn't. He rightfully feels they were screwed out of two superbowls and the one they did win, the Steelers were accused of cheating. I'd bet a million bucks they would trade those two for XL because THEY EARNED THOSE!!

IndyHawk

Reaction score
bradynumber4":3uoytmd6 said:

I agree with you with you on SB40/43..I turned 43 off after I felt like "here we go again" but I disagree with you on that Rams SB...There was tapes but the NFL destroyed them because if they didn't you got lawsuits all over from those who lost big $$ on that game ..I watched that and said out loud "how do they know whats coming"then later you could see
the Pats backed off so it wasn't so obvious..I think you and the Steeler guys are cool and know the game but just like us it's hard to see past the homer glasses..Hope we have a good fair game ..It was nice seeing some of you guys insights..

Tical21

Reaction score
SuperBowl 40 was legitimate. It absolutely completely makes me sick that such a large portion of our fanbase has never been able to come to terms with the fact that we played terribly and lost that game. We will forever be thought of as the fanbase that won't stop whining.

There was one bad call in that game, and that was the illegal block below the waist on Hass, and that call basically meant zero. Willie Parker running for 90 cost us the game. Giving up a trick play TD to a team known for trick play TD's cost us the game. Jerramy Stevens cost us the game. Going 4-17 on 3rd down cost us the game. The refs had nothing to do with it. Be mad at DJax for putting his hand in the middle of a DB's chest when he didn't need to. Be mad at Locklear for putting his hand near the neck of a pass rusher. But stop whining about the referees. Please. You're embarrassing yourselves and the rest of us that have to be lumped in with you guys.

We had the best team in that Super Bowl and blew it. We played probably our worst game of the year. It is about time the fanbase came to terms with it.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
bradynumber4":2h8fmhgk said:
seahawk12thman":2h8fmhgk said:
GRBman":2h8fmhgk said:
seahawk12thman":2h8fmhgk said:
I am trying to figure out why the AFC doesn't rally around New England. They have dominated the AFC to the tune of 6 super bowl appearances and have a model citizen at QB. Pittsburgh fans have something to look up to. Why aren't you rooting for them?

Because this isn't college football where the strength of your conference matters...

...and the rest of the AFC knows that the Pats** get a free pass from both the League and the AFC East Division.

I actually agree with a Steeler fan.. Never understood why teams feel the need to "root for the division rival" so they "keep it in the conference" knowing that team is going to rub it in.

Pats get a free pass for cheating, you guys get a free pass for Super Bowl XL, whats the problem? According to your fans it should wash out. :17:

This is the delusion of Stealers fans. They accuse Seahakws fans of being Butthurt over superbowl 40 yet cry their whiny asses off after being beaten by the pats in the AFCCG.
That's the "delusional trait" that stealer fans have.

They still bitch about a call against them in the Colts game in the 2006 playoffs in a game they WON just before XL* but ignore and won't admit the "gifts" and the tainted trophy that was handed to them by tagliabooboo and his merry band of idoits wearing the stripes on the Jerome Bettis retirement tour, their hypocrisy would be stunning if it wasn't so common amongst that clown of a fanbase.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Tical21":2go7pqtw said:
SuperBowl 40 was legitimate. It absolutely completely makes me sick that such a large portion of our fanbase has never been able to come to terms with the fact that we played terribly and lost that game. We will forever be thought of as the fanbase that won't stop whining.

There was one bad call in that game, and that was the illegal block below the waist on Hass, and that call basically meant zero. Willie Parker running for 90 cost us the game. Giving up a trick play TD to a team known for trick play TD's cost us the game. Jerramy Stevens cost us the game. Going 4-17 on 3rd down cost us the game. The refs had nothing to do with it. Be mad at DJax for putting his hand in the middle of a DB's chest when he didn't need to. Be mad at Locklear for putting his hand near the neck of a pass rusher. But stop whining about the referees. Please. You're embarrassing yourselves and the rest of us that have to be lumped in with you guys.

We had the best team in that Super Bowl and blew it. We played probably our worst game of the year. It is about time the fanbase came to terms with it.
You're wrong, sorry! You are embarrassing yourself by over playing the contrarian card. Even that turd Levy admitted it was multiple bad calls. If you can't accept the truth, then keep living in that fantasy land.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Tical21":3pfmd5y1 said:

Ha Ha just about the same thing you posted on here earlier..Maybe we watched 2 different Super Bowls with the same teams :mrgreen: I'd watch it again but don't want to go anywhere near the mood I was in after seeing that one..Too bad you feel lumped in and embarrased with the 12s(majority) that don't share your feeling(s)..

hawk45

Reaction score
Southern Steeler":1r8tdl53 said:
Greetings from http://www.steelernation.com

Sincerely,

Southern Steeler
I'll never get over XL and I don't see myself rooting for the Steelers under any circumstances, but I can't bring myself to crap on well-wishes extended in good faith. Appreciate the rooting. Hey, if other Steelers fans feel as you do and find themselves in Arizona and give a yell when NE is on offense, that would go a helluva long way in my book.

Thanks for stopping by.

BASF

Reaction score
FeedingTrollsMakesHotWomenCry zps4b6d22f3

Tical, you are one of the better posters here, but you are completely off base in your assertion. The one bad call you point out should never have occurred if Joey Porter had been called for this horse collar tackle on the previous play:
r_14___t400.jpg

The big play that setup Big Ben's non touchdown should have been called back since Max Starks was illegally down field:
Ineligible2

And the hold on Locklear that everyone knows wasn't actually a hold that pushed us back should have at the very least been offsetting penalties since Haggans and Hampton are clearly offsides:
Offsidessmall

We did not play well in that game. We were not mentally prepared for how tough the game would be. We were called soft for a long time leading up to that game and for the most part, some of the team proved it on the field. None of that changes the fact that the referees favored the Steelers. Every call that they could have made to stop our momentum was made. Every opportunity to throw a flag on the Steelers was ignored. It wasn't just our fan base that believed it either, I can't find the poll now, but there was a poll afterward and more than 60% of NFL fans believed that the officiating was the determining factor in the game.

bradynumber4

Reaction score
Pats fans aren't trolls for pointing out the Stealers robbed 6 superbowls through drugs and biased officiating. Also spying was legal until 2006, just not up in the stadium.

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
bradynumber4":2gcgv84p said:
Pats fans aren't trolls for pointing out the Stealers robbed 6 superbowls through drugs and biased officiating. Also spying was legal until 2006, just not up in the stadium.
For the third time, steroids were not illegal in the 70's (or 80's).
You can't have it both ways.

bradynumber4

Reaction score
You still had an advantage that other teams didn't have so it was morally wrong. The pats have only been caught cheating once. For all this drama about deflate gate, nobody has 100% proof anything done wrong.

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
bradynumber4":3rp10ey5 said:
You still had an advantage that other teams didn't have so it was morally wrong.
By that yardstick, it is morally wrong for one team to have Tom Brady at QB and another team to have Brady Quinn.

Steroid use in the NFL began with the San Diego Chargers in the early 60's. The Steelers didn't magically discover them in 1974. Like I said, you can't have it both ways. Now quit being a hypocrite and bothering the nice people at Seahawks.net.

bradynumber4

Reaction score
Ron Burgundy":974q51bg said:
bradynumber4":974q51bg said:
You still had an advantage that other teams didn't have so it was morally wrong.
By that yardstick, it is morally wrong for one team to have Tom Brady at QB and another team to have Brady Quinn.

Steroid use in the NFL began with the San Diego Chargers in the early 60's. The Steelers didn't magically discover them in 1974. Like I said, you can't have it both ways. Now quit being a hypocrite and bothering the nice people at Seahawks.net.

Just pointing out that if the pats are cheats, Stealers are twice as big a cheats.

Mick063

Reaction score
I have not watched a Steeler game in years. Just not interested.

I love the NFL and will watch many games, but the AFC in general doesn't interest me much. I would rather watch the Bucs play the Vikings than the Steelers play the Bengals.

OahuHawkFan

Reaction score
Jeeze, time to get over it people. .. Many of these posts look like something from the webzone. I hate the Steelers for that game as much as anyone here. But there's really no reason to live in the past four us anymore. Our time as Hawks fans is now, and it's up to each of us individually to decide if we choose to have character or not.

I see a very thoughtful post from the OP. I see plenty of pettiness from several in this community. I think we're a classier fan - base than some of you have represented here. Somebody stretches out an olive branch, and you slap them in the face? Pathetic.