AFCCG THREAD

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
Cyrus12":172l2wcw said:
All of a sudden the secret love for Brady and the Pats comes out of closet on this site!!! I'm hoping some of your accounts are being hacked by Pats fans. Fact is 3 big calls or non calls was the turning point and Marrone playing it safe.

Or ppl aren't butt hurt and just can admit pats are crazy good.

If we are doing this dumb game.

I bet I watched more games then of the hawks and been a die hard longer.

Dumb.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Will teams stop rolling over for Brady in playoff games?! Jesus. What a garbage conference. It's like the Patriots' reputation just makes teams wilt in the 4th quarter of AFCCGs.

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
Doesn't bother me a bit to see Jacksonville bite the dust.

Like 'em or not, you gotta respect what the Pats continue to achieve. If the Hawks aren't going, I'd rather see some fresh blood in the Bowl, but it's clear who they have to get past.

BigBill1945

Reaction score
I am so sick of the Pats. I knew the lead was too good to be true. Jacksonville did not make the adjustments. They had to rely on Bortles. Bortles does what he has always done. I am not watching the second game and under no delusions that the Superbowl is the Pat's to lose. You have 2 more second second level QBs vying for the chance to play Brady. Unlike many sunshine pumpers, I do not believe that either Philly or the Vikings have much of a chance. I will find something more productive in Vegas to do that day than to watch the Pats win another Superbowl. They deserve to be there but it does not mean I have to like it. I think my biggest objection is their fans. I was stationed out there in the Army back in the 70s. I found the people inside the beltway to be very parochial and the fans to be obnoxious as any in the NFL. I guess that is just my observation.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Nope definitely not watching the sb...would be more enjoyable sitting on the toilet with explosive diarrhea.

Mistashoesta

Reaction score
No way Pats were gonna lose this to the Jags. Eagles will beat Minny then Brady will collect a 6th ring.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
CodeWarrior":2u539ne7 said:
Love watching this Patriots team play. They’re just superb at all levels. Listening to the whiners after the Patriots roll makes it even more enjoyable.

Just sit back, relax, and watch the greatest to ever play do his thing.
The Pats play smart football and team ball with whatever it takes.
They will get lucky as they did with our injuries and they have cheated(proven).
So some of their stuff is tainted but not all of it.
there is no denying Brady/BB is of the Montana/Walsh greatness.
That stench of the past is hard to ignore though.

I knew the Jags just were not going to win.
You cannot let great teams hang around till you choke it up.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Shanegotyou11":oznjxb89 said:
Cyrus12":oznjxb89 said:
All of a sudden the secret love for Brady and the Pats comes out of closet on this site!!! I'm hoping some of your accounts are being hacked by Pats fans. Fact is 3 big calls or non calls was the turning point and Marrone playing it safe.

Or ppl aren't butt hurt and just can admit pats are crazy good.

If we are doing this dumb game.

I bet I watched more games then of the hawks and been a die hard longer.

Dumb.

1. The pi call started turning the tide...bad call.
2. Jack gets a turnover..Refs blow it dead. Likely a td.
3. Lewis gets tackled before ball gets to him on a crucial drive of the game. No call.

Those were game changers...of course the Pats have the fire power to score eventually.

CodeWarrior

Reaction score
seahawkfreak":1jwxk8m6 said:
CodeWarrior":1jwxk8m6 said:
Love watching this Patriots team play. They’re just superb at all levels. Listening to the whiners after the Patriots roll makes it even more enjoyable.

Just sit back, relax, and watch the greatest to ever play do his thing.

Steelers play good football too. You like them?

They're not anywhere near the Patriot's level, so no.

mrblitz

Reaction score
yes, patriots are so good it's uncanny.

2nd half: jaguars went into prevent on the outside. don't know if it would have made a difference, but they chose to play soft coverages.

2nd half: jaguars failed to successfully run the ball against the pats loaded/stacked defensive fronts. if the jaguars could have run against that, it probably would have been a different game.

that series -- the 2nd possession of the 2nd half by the jags? -- where bortles rolled out and missed the sideline throw, then got sacked, and they punted on 4th and forever... that might have been the turning point. or, maybe earlier when their d gave up the td just before halttime.

it looked partly like the jaguars just ran out of gas at the end. they sure were on fire for most of that 1st half, though...

it's unclear how much #74 (robinson, lt) being gimpy, contributed to their failure to run the ball in the 2nd half.

el capitan

Reaction score
Obviously the Pats are extremely well coached, but I don't think anyone can deny that this game was blatantly steered towards the eventual outcome.

The NFL is a billion dollar industry, you didn't think they would allow Bortles vs Keenum/Foles in the biggest game of the year did you?

This is just WWE on a slightly bigger stage.

BigBill1945

Reaction score
el capitan":37t52lsf said:
Obviously the Pats are extremely well coached, but I don't think anyone can deny that this game was blatantly steered towards the eventual outcome.

The NFL is a billion dollar industry, you didn't think they would allow Bortles vs Keenum/Foles in the biggest game of the year did you?

You are probably right. I still am not going to watch the game. It will be the first one I have not watched since 1967 when I was in Vietnam. They will pump this game up but neither Philly nor Minnesota has a chance except in the minds of the delusional. I wanted to see a game. Now all I see is a foregone conclusion. Brady gets his 6th ring. I have better things to do than watch the Harlem Globetrotters against the Washington Generals. Sorry.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
el capitan":37bmgrvm said:

I honestly thought the game was called really well. I liked how there were very few flags and they let the two teams play. Very clean game by two great teams.

I saw two poor calls. I thought the PI against Cooks at the end of the first half wasn't a PI. The ball looked like it was uncatchable and yes Bouye put his hands on Cooks but Cooks was basically running out of bounds. On the other side, refs missed an obvious late and low hit on Brady.

In the last 10 minutes of that game, where were the plays that were clearly steered towards a Pats win? I must have been watching another game. But who cares, the whole whining about the refs is so played out. Anytime an outcome doesn't go your way you can pull that card.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
BigBill1945":343y8w7p said:
el capitan":343y8w7p said:

You are probably right. I still am not going to watch the game. It will be the first one I have not watched since 1967 when I was in Vietnam. They will pump this game up but neither Philly nor Minnesota has a chance except in the minds of the delusional. I wanted to see a game. Now all I see is a foregone conclusion. Brady gets his 6th ring. I have better things to do than watch the Harlem Globetrotters against the Washington Generals. Sorry.
Well said. Not worth watching.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":22sfg72g said:
el capitan":22sfg72g said:

I honestly thought the game was called really well. I liked how there were very few flags and they let the two teams play. Very clean game by two great teams.

I saw two poor calls. I thought the PI against Cooks at the end of the first half wasn't a PI. The ball looked like it was uncatchable and yes Bouye put his hands on Cooks but Cooks was basically running out of bounds. On the other side, refs missed an obvious late and low hit on Brady.

In the last 10 minutes of that game, where were the plays that were clearly steered towards a Pats win? I must have been watching another game. But who cares, the whole whining about the refs is so played out. Anytime an outcome doesn't go your way you can pull that card.

Pats had 1 penalty for 10yds...the jags have arguably the best front 4 combo and not one holding call...when was the last time a team had 1 call against them?? Guess it's coaching...

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Cyrus12":1kcahwww said:
Hawk-Lock":1kcahwww said:
el capitan":1kcahwww said:

Pats had 1 penalty for 10yds...the jags have arguably the best front 4 combo and not one holding call...when was the last time a team had 1 call against them?? Guess it's coaching...

I understand that, but unless you go to the film and show me blatant holding, I'm just going to assume it was clean football. I just hate when people look at the penalty discrepancy and just assume it is bias from the refs. While it could be that, it could be that the Pats played a clean game.

People think the refs have a bias against us, but the truth is most our penalties are well deserved and blatant.

original poster

Reaction score
Sucks the Pats get into the SB again, it’s just not exciting.

I’m 75% sure regardless of who wins the NFCCG will get beat in the SB, even if it is close for 3 quarters.

el capitan

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":3jmtisbc said:
Cyrus12":3jmtisbc said:
Hawk-Lock":3jmtisbc said:
el capitan":3jmtisbc said:

I understand that, but unless you go to the film and show me blatant holding, I'm just going to assume it was clean football. I just hate when people look at the penalty discrepancy and just assume it is bias from the refs. While it could be that, it could be that the Pats played a clean game.

People think the refs have a bias against us, but the truth is most our penalties are well deserved and blatant.

Bias is when they blow a fumble recovery dead before the Jags can return it for a TD.

I actually agree with you about the Hawks deserving most of their penalties, however like this game it's the non-calls that bug the shit out of me. How NE didn't get called for at least one DPI is ridiculous.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
People hate the Pats, yet every SB they've been in has been exciting. If you look at every SB appearance they've made with Brady, they have all gone down to the wire. I would understand not liking the Pats if they blew everyone out, but that is not the case. It's not like they are the Warriors and dominating the competition.