AFCCG THREAD

BigBill1945

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":1e2nzoc7 said:
Cyrus12":1e2nzoc7 said:
Hawk-Lock":1e2nzoc7 said:
el capitan":1e2nzoc7 said:
Obviously the Pats are extremely well coached, but I don't think anyone can deny that this game was blatantly steered towards the eventual outcome.

The NFL is a billion dollar industry, you didn't think they would allow Bortles vs Keenum/Foles in the biggest game of the year did you?

This is just WWE on a slightly bigger stage.

I honestly thought the game was called really well. I liked how there were very few flags and they let the two teams play. Very clean game by two great teams.

I saw two poor calls. I thought the PI against Cooks at the end of the first half wasn't a PI. The ball looked like it was uncatchable and yes Bouye put his hands on Cooks but Cooks was basically running out of bounds. On the other side, refs missed an obvious late and low hit on Brady.

In the last 10 minutes of that game, where were the plays that were clearly steered towards a Pats win? I must have been watching another game. But who cares, the whole whining about the refs is so played out. Anytime an outcome doesn't go your way you can pull that card.

Pats had 1 penalty for 10yds...the jags have arguably the best front 4 combo and not one holding call...when was the last time a team had 1 call against them?? Guess it's coaching...

I understand that, but unless you go to the film and show me blatant holding, I'm just going to assume it was clean football. I just hate when people look at the penalty discrepancy and just assume it is bias from the refs. While it could be that, it could be that the Pats played a clean game.

People think the refs have a bias against us, but the truth is most our penalties are well deserved and blatant.

I will not go there. The Pats adjusted in the second have and Jacksonville choked. All you have to do is look at the stats in the second half. Neither Bortles, Keenum, nor Foles were going to bring their team a ring. There is no drama in watching the Pats win another Superbowl against 2nd tier QBs. The penalties or no calls while a factor really in the bottom line did not produce this result. Coaching and execution or in the Jags case lack of execution and adjustments did. The Pats what they had to do to win. I do not have to like it.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
el capitan":175nlcqo said:
Hawk-Lock":175nlcqo said:
Cyrus12":175nlcqo said:
Hawk-Lock":175nlcqo said:
I honestly thought the game was called really well. I liked how there were very few flags and they let the two teams play. Very clean game by two great teams.

I saw two poor calls. I thought the PI against Cooks at the end of the first half wasn't a PI. The ball looked like it was uncatchable and yes Bouye put his hands on Cooks but Cooks was basically running out of bounds. On the other side, refs missed an obvious late and low hit on Brady.

In the last 10 minutes of that game, where were the plays that were clearly steered towards a Pats win? I must have been watching another game. But who cares, the whole whining about the refs is so played out. Anytime an outcome doesn't go your way you can pull that card.

Pats had 1 penalty for 10yds...the jags have arguably the best front 4 combo and not one holding call...when was the last time a team had 1 call against them?? Guess it's coaching...

I understand that, but unless you go to the film and show me blatant holding, I'm just going to assume it was clean football. I just hate when people look at the penalty discrepancy and just assume it is bias from the refs. While it could be that, it could be that the Pats played a clean game.

People think the refs have a bias against us, but the truth is most our penalties are well deserved and blatant.

Bias is when they blow a fumble recovery dead before the Jags can return it for a TD.

I actually agree with you about the Hawks deserving most of their penalties, however like this game it's the non-calls that bug the shit out of me. How NE didn't get called for at least one DPI is ridiculous.

That play happened very fast to be fair. My big question about that call is would Jack been down by contract. I looked at the replay a few times, tough to tell if Lewis made contract with him on the ground. At the end of the day, Jacksonville can only blame themselves. How many opportunities did they have to extend the game or stop Brady?