After This Season

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
JSeahawks":3g8unh7x said:
And Baldwin is a dime a dozen and doubt we could get more than a 5th in trade.

I think Baldwin managed to dodge that label on Sunday, but there are other receivers who do need replacing. As DavidSeven said elsewhere, it'd be nice if we could get WRs for more than their ability to make dramatic ST tackles.

mrt144

Reaction score
Mick063":3oxqoz9t said:
Is it just me?

I don't know how one can properly evaluate any offensive players in this convoluted mess.

The OC makes bum calls. The QB still needs a ton of grooming with respect to handling the blitz (he never makes them pay for it like a Marino or Warner). The undisciplined offense can't stop making huge mental errors that creates unmanageable "down and distance" situations. They are always in a hole.

Really. How can you evaluate any player at all? There isn't enough structure for a proper evaluation.

A complete dumpster fire.

There is no recognition by anyone on blitzes, anyone, ever unless the resultant coverage is Cover 0.

checkdanews

Reaction score
U got to be outcho dam mind if you think we should get rid of Bennet. Remember last year when our line suffered abunch of injuries, who picked up all that slack? Bennet. I don't care about his age, his body type, and style of play gives him another 2-4 years of consistent play at his current level. Frank Clark while I have high hopes for, has got atleast a season or 2 before we see his true potential. Give Russ, and Graham another season to create chemistry then we will talk. You guys act like draft picks should be exceptional in there 1st or 2nd season. Your winning the lottery basically if you get a guy who can really contribute in his first year. You can't find a Richard Sherman, Kam, Earl, or any of those dudes in every draft. Most players have to develop, and usually you see what they can do by year 3...Remember Tate? This forum hated that dude tell year 3....like someone said on page 1, this post makes my brain hurt....Leave this stuff to the professionals. You guys act like PC/JS don't know what there doing. A few plays in each game this season go a different way and we are dam near undefeated....its just one of those years guys...thats all it is, this team is still elite, we need to change a few things...but small things, our windows open for a good 2-4 years, just need to shuffle a few pieces....

......Carry Williams can go poopy pants himself tho lol

justafan

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":2vf0kkvg said:
JSeahawks":2vf0kkvg said:
And Baldwin is a dime a dozen and doubt we could get more than a 5th in trade.

I think Baldwin managed to dodge that label on Sunday, but there are other receivers who do need replacing. As DavidSeven said elsewhere, it'd be nice if we could get WRs for more than their ability to make dramatic ST tackles.

I think Baldwin is more important to this team than his numbers.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
hawknation2015":f26juvoq said:
What cap problems?

Seahawks have the 14th most cap space available in 2016.

JlanHjB

Here is our list of free agents:
81eExrt

Guys like Bruce Irvin, Jermaine Kearse, and J.R. Sweezy already have replacements in the pipeline in Kevin Pierre-Louis Paul Richardson, and Mark Glowinski.

ERFAs Marcus Burley, Mohammed Seisay, Cooper Helfet, Chris Matthews, Steven Terrell, and David King can be re-signed for the league minimum if we want them.

There are another ~10 guys on this list who can probably be re-signed for pretty close to the league minimum.

It will be interesting to see what they do at LT and base NT. They should have at least $20 million to work with, and maybe even more, as one projection had the cap rising to as much as $160 million in 2016.

I think we've posted about this before but you can't just look at the raw cap number, as the Seahawks are also at the bottom of the league in # of players signed for next year.

That 23 million gets cut down to 14.5 just to fill out the roster with NFL minimum level contracts. With six or seven starters also set to hit FA, that they're going to fill out their roster with minimum level contracts would probably be a huge mistake, though. That 14.5 goes away really, really quickly. Even really, really crappy veterans in their early 30s with a background of starting experience cost 2.5-3.5 million dollars a year.

To be clear I'm not saying this a doomsday scenario or anything -- far from it -- just making the point that when looking at cap room you need to contextualize it with 1) # of players under contract (the Hawks have as few as anybody and 2) # of starters up for FA that need to be replaced (the Hawks have nearly as many as anybody).

The upside of this is that the majority of their starters that need replacing (really everyone save for Okung, Irvin and maybe Mebane) are marginal talents if that.

This is part of Schneider's experiment, I think. What happens when you steal from depth and above average-non elite talent at starter positions (e.g. Okung, Irvin, Maxwell, Unger, Tate, Browner, Bryant, Mebane) in order to never lose any pro-bowl caliber players or "superstars"?

Edit: Also possible is that this isn't Schneider's strategy, and it's just his response to people overpaying for the Seahawks' above average starters b/c the team has been successful (basically really successful teams can end up getting pecked to death by the irrationality of the market; in a weird way EVERYBODY loses when the Byron Maxwells and Bruce Irvins of the world get overpaid).