After This Season

edogg23

Reaction score
Laloosh":3si2jpyh said:
hawknation2015":3si2jpyh said:
One year at a time. I would hate to think they would underutilize him to that extent for the rest of the season.

Seems like one thing that is lost on a few people. Wilson and Graham are both still young. People act like we cut and re-pick our team at the end of every season.

These two will be a nightmare for teams over the next couple of seasons (in my opinion).
No TE will ever be a nightmare to another team under Bevell

Ninety0ne

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies.

As a person observing from the outside the only player I could see Seattle trading that has an expiring contract that would net a first would be Kam, I see him as that much of a plug and play difference maker that I wouldn't be shocked if he could be moved for a pair of firsts. I also think y'all should tar and feather your GM if he made that move but I'm biased towards Chancellor and you folks might see it differently based on greater understanding of the team and culture up there.

OP
OP
M

massari

Reaction score
I'm bored soooo.....my current off season hopes at the moment are:

-Trade Bennett for a 1st or 2nd and draft a DE like Shaq Lawson and use his money towards signing a LT-Okung, Cordy Glenn or Kelvin Beachum.
-There have been rumors the Browns will likely trade Josh Gordon if reinstated. Maybe trade something like 3rd or 4th+7th for Gordon. Sign Gordon to a similar deal the Raiders did with Aldon Smith.
-Sign C-Wisniewski(3M) and RT-Barksdale(3M).
-Let Irvin walk and KPL/Morgan/4th rounder can take over.
-Release, trade or restructure Lynch's contract.
-Pray Jimmy Graham makes a miraculous recovery and comes back 100% to start the season. If not then release, trade or restructure his contract.

Draft:

1st-OL
1st/2nd(Bennett trade)-DE
2nd-OL
3rd-CB
3rd(comp)-DT
4th-OLB
5th(comp)-RB
6th(comp)-WR
7th-DB
7th-(from Dal)-OL

OL 2016:

LT- Kelvin Beachum / 1st round pick
LG- Britt / 2nd round pick
C- Wisniewski / Sokoli
RG- Glowinski / Sweezy
RT- Joe Barksdale / Gilliam

DL 2016:

DE- Clark / Shaq Lawson/ FA
DT- Mebane / 3rd round pick
DT- Hill / FA
DE- Avril / Marsh

Top 4 WR's:

Josh Gordon
Doug Baldwin
Tyler Lockett
Paul Richardson

Jimmy Graham

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Ninety0ne":3gb4uuw3 said:
Thanks for the replies.

As a person observing from the outside the only player I could see Seattle trading that has an expiring contract that would net a first would be Kam, I see him as that much of a plug and play difference maker that I wouldn't be shocked if he could be moved for a pair of firsts. I also think y'all should tar and feather your GM if he made that move but I'm biased towards Chancellor and you folks might see it differently based on greater understanding of the team and culture up there.

First of all..... :2: Have fun with the board and participate if you desire. NFL forum here is pretty good for theory on teams not Seahawks. I think Kam may have had issues more with the other Safeties getting paid more than him. But he did not se what the big picture is here. Maybe he does now. The sucker punch he gave the team did more to his credibility than the team's cred.

The one that you may be considering is Lynch. He may be gone this year and could be on the way there. We dont know.

As far as overall, our scheme is based on what we do as a team. With our corners in great shape to decent shape, our scheme works with the players we have. That may change if we dont get a decent corner on the far side or if Shead cant fill the shoes there. Tis all about scheme and filling the holes left in free agency.

Again, have fun here and enjoy.

Go Hawks.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
greenblue_eye's2":218jyjjz said:
Sgt. Largent":218jyjjz said:
greenblue_eye's2":218jyjjz said:
& a Speedy Wide Receiver.

Two speedy WR's isn't good enough for you?

Ok, ok I hope they draft a combo of both, in just one! Somebody like Amari Cooper would be excellent..I won't get greedy. :D

Every team wants an Amari Cooper type receiver............but in order to get that you gotta draft in the top 10, or get lucky in the draft.

btw, we have an Amari Cooper type receiver, his name is Jimmy Graham.

seahawks08

Reaction score
To early in my opinion to think about next year. Will need to see how this season plays out and then based on performance and position value, Seahawks will work out the next year roster. I believe OL will be the most investment they might do given how the season is played out so far.

OP
OP
M

massari

Reaction score
seahawks08":czs7u9qv said:
To early in my opinion to think about next year. Will need to see how this season plays out and then based on performance and position value, Seahawks will work out the next year roster. I believe OL will be the most investment they might do given how the season is played out so far.
Yeah I agree. Was just bored doing my homework lol. So I thought I'd construct my off season hopes at this point mid season.

peppersjap

Reaction score
After reading threads like this I am just glad Schneider is in charge and not posters. I am blown away by people that think Baldwin would bring a high draft choice back or that Bennett or Lynch might bring us a 1st rounder. These guys have a way higher value to us than we would get in return. I do agree that Kearse will be gone but not sure how anyone can not see the value Graham is bringing. He is the most exciting receiving threat I've seen with us in years.

Overseasfan

Reaction score
Well It's time to invest in the offensive line for once. I'm not saying we should renew our entire line but drafting a OT in the 1st or 2nd round wouldn't hurt. Then get some Secondary help and I feel like we're good. Maybe a top level WR or RB prospect in the first round if we can get our hands on something like that but I don't think we're going to need a complete overhaul. Whether we make the play-offs this year or not, we are still a very competetive team and 3 of our 4 losses were close games against top teams.

Laloosh

Reaction score
I do not understand why people want to trade Bennett. Every time I see him in the backfield making a tackle I'm giddy. Guy's a stud. You don't trade guys like that, particularly at what he's being paid.

OP
OP
M

massari

Reaction score
peppersjap":3k31bbqc said:
After reading threads like this I am just glad Schneider is in charge and not posters. I am blown away by people that think Baldwin would bring a high draft choice back or that Bennett or Lynch might bring us a 1st rounder. These guys have a way higher value to us than we would get in return. I do agree that Kearse will be gone but not sure how anyone can not see the value Graham is bringing. He is the most exciting receiving threat I've seen with us in years.
I'll take it as you only read the OP because in another post I wasn't so vague and stated I think someone may probably trade a 4th for Baldwin, which is a mid round pick. Is that so far fetched? It wasn't put in a way where it was a lock that he'd bring back such a pick but rather I'd trade him if we can get a such return.

About Lynch, the OP clearly states, "Not sure about how much Lynch could get with his age/salary but rumors were that the Cowboys wanted Peterson (who's a year older and makes more money than Lynch) and were willing to give up a 1st round pick for him." That doesn't mean I'm saying Lynch is going to get a 1st. I don't think he's worth it with his "salary/age". My point was that he may get some kind of return/suitors since the Cowboys were willing to give up a 1st for Peterson.

I do think Bennett could bring in a late 1st early 2nd though. If you (whoever you are) are "blown away" by that opinion, then so be it lol.

If Graham finishes with the stats he's on pace for, how is it so ludicrous that some people would rather trade him for a 1st and use his 9M towards other areas of the roster? If they start to use him better in the second half of the season (especially in the red zone) then yeah, I'd agree with you.

Lastly, you also "agree Kearse will be gone"? I feel so honored to share the same opinion with such a highly regarded football expert as yourself! (whoever you are) lol

OP
OP
M

massari

Reaction score
hawknation2015":x4xnsf8m said:
I don't understand how this thread has continued for as long as it has . . . :229031_shrug:
Oh look, another expert. :lol:

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
hawknation2015":353qpp1v said:
I don't understand how this thread has continued for as long as it has . . . :229031_shrug:

Because massari pulls off moves in Madden and thinks they can translate into real life.

OP
OP
M

massari

Reaction score
Thinking about bumping this thread every now and again to annoy hawknation2015. :p

OP
OP
M

massari

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":it6fbk3t said:
hawknation2015":it6fbk3t said:

Because massari pulls off moves in Madden and thinks they can translate into real life.
Explain.

Mick063

Reaction score
Is it just me?

I don't know how one can properly evaluate any offensive players in this convoluted mess.

The OC makes bum calls. The QB still needs a ton of grooming with respect to handling the blitz (he never makes them pay for it like a Marino or Warner). The undisciplined offense can't stop making huge mental errors that creates unmanageable "down and distance" situations. They are always in a hole.

Really. How can you evaluate any player at all? There isn't enough structure for a proper evaluation.

A complete dumpster fire.