Akeem King first team reps at LCB

OP
OP
vin.couve12

vin.couve12

Reaction score
ivotuk":10c2u2om said:
vin.couve12":10c2u2om said:
Ugo is interesting as all hell. On the surface, you look at the measurables and it's kind of meh, yeah he's got a chance to make the team.

However, if there's a kid out there that shows a similar kind of natural "I know wtf you're doing before you do it" type of thing that Kam had then he might just have that. I can't tell you how many times Kam would tell over at teammates just to watch them kill a play or just know to be at the right spot. Formation recognition, live memory recall, and just general football IQ was off the charts.

Ugo shows a little bit of that and everyone benefits from that beyond just a man doing his job. That's a big leap after just one game, but maybe...

Watching Ugo's highlights at Oregon, he didn't impress me at first. Looked like he tried to avoid hits/contact, and like he was hesitant, but then ended up in the right spot.

Watching him now, completely different opinion of him. He's got the goods. Kind of like Antoine Winfield level of talent. It's strange how some players don't look the part, but they get the job done. I think that's why the draft can be such a crap shoot, and why John Schneider is so valuable to this team.
Yeah, same. Not a bad comp, btw.

quadsas

Reaction score
I am excited by possibility of Shaq losing his spot. Not that he was horrendous (he wasn't good but wasn't a gaping hole), but if we have someone that can straight up beat him out then that's a good look for us

chris98251

Reaction score
Competition to push someone is always good, Griff was ok last year switching sides, he recognized his deficiencies as noted in other posts. When you are switching sides you have 180 a lot of your technique and looks and some people can't ever do it if they are really dominant handed. That and your on the best guy most plays so any weakness is going to get found out and they will go after it.

McGruff

Reaction score
SpokaneHawks":1fgv65la said:
IMHO, we could have beaten the Cowboys in that playoff game last season if Griffin had played better. I rewatched that game recently and Griffin was very bad. So, if this is a true competition I personally wouldnt be mad if Griffin becomes a backup!

IIRC Griffin was pretty seriously injured that week.