Andrew Luck retiring?

bmorepunk

Reaction score
Jville":2jm19szp said:
kobebryant":2jm19szp said:
Cyrus12":2jm19szp said:
He got booed off the field by Indy fans.

Ridiculous to see.

He’ll sleep well tonight, pack up his house, and get the heck out of the state of Indiana and never look back.

Unfortunately, every fan base is plagued by poor behavior from time to time ..... including Seattle's. In the you tube retirement video, Andrew states, as a point of emphasis, that his home is Indiana and expresses his continuing commitment to Indianapolis, Indiana.

Andrew Luck is genuine. Indianapolis is fortunate to have him set a humble example of how to live with adversity.

A lot of Colts fans, like Packers fans, have no idea how good they have had it. To go from Manning to Luck or Favre to Rodgers and have that situation for 20-25 years means there's an entire generation of fans who grew up without having a crap QB or series of them. It may do some Indy fans some good to be in QB hell for awhile.

mikeak

Reaction score
Remember when some player against Seattle got carried out and popcorn was thrown at him?

Media - all Seattle fans throw popcorn

Reality - one or two idiots threw popcorn

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
mikeak":jn9gmxts said:
Remember when some player against Seattle got carried out and popcorn was thrown at him?

They still cry about that over on the Niners denial zone when they are trying to slander the Seattle fanbase.
There is no proof anyone threw anything. Someone accidentally spilled a few kernels is more likely.
It would be a shitty thing to do, but likely if they were to do it, it would have been much more.

Besides, popcorn is expensive at the stadium.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":813d0vx4 said:
mikeak":813d0vx4 said:

They still cry about that over on the Niners denial zone when they are trying to slander the Seattle fanbase.
There is no proof anyone threw anything. Someone accidentally spilled a few kernels is more likely.
It would be a shitty thing to do, but likely if they were to do it, it would have been much more.

Over on Denial Zone I heard there's still Seahawks fans at .Nut crying about how it was just an accident that has been used to slander angelic and infallible Seahawks fans.

God knows where they come up with this stuff over there, right?

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":20k7p76e said:
mikeak":20k7p76e said:

Pretty sure it's been confirmed that it was some dumb kid and it was intentional -- because kids are stupid.

Scorpion05

Reaction score
NINEster":2zbic08r said:
Scorpion05":2zbic08r said:
Lol, obviously I know we didn't have the choice to choose Luck. I wouldn't have even if we had a top pick, FYI.

So maybe I should rephrase and say, did the Colts make the wrong decision in choosing Luck? I suppose hindsight is 20/20.

Or maybe, Russ was always the better QB. Luck was just overhyped, turnover prone, in a cakewalk division and never actually lived up to the hype? Good luck to him and his future, but the Colts chose the wrong QB. Not complaining though :D

There are some that say that Luck and Wilson played on opposite calibers of teams during their careers. Probably a lot more than some. You guys are finally starting to see just how much Wilson was carried those first two seasons versus now where he does a lot more of the carrying to inferior results.

The Colts team that made it to the AFC Championship last that spawned deflategate was supposedly a very mediocre non deserving squad just lucky to be there, hence the 45-7 blowout. That was the last time either of these QBs made it that far in the post season.

Lmao what??

We’re finally starting to see what exactly? In Russell’s first few years, his passing AND rushing yards combined were around 4000 yards. Lynch benefitted from Russell just as much as the other.

What inferior results exactly? Not getting injured? Missing the playoffs for one year??? In a division historically more competitive than the AFC South ever has been?

You want me to feel sorry for a guy who’s been just as reckless with his body as Cam Newton? Some of you are trying to spin Luck’s poor O-lines as if he protected himself getting the ball out, sliding, etc. He DID NOT. And do you really want me to go over all his turnovers? Do you consider that “carrying the team.” So basically, 4 Tds, 4 Ints is a great day at the office? :lol:

Russell once led our team to 9-7 with no running game or O-line. He LED our team in rushing. And didn’t have extensive turnovers. When did Luck do that? Russell once played an entire season with a torn pectoral and a messed up knee. Give me a break

Scorpion05

Reaction score
Popeyejones":88965qbb said:
Sorry to break up the Russell WIlson posts, but Andrew Luck was a hell of a QB.

As injuries took their toll he really evolved his game too. He played most of his career with a bad o-line, a bad running game, and no defense to support him. He was bordering on a one man show for years and never publicly complained about it.

And his best year -- when he finally had some semblance of a team around him -- was his last.

Because of all that I don't think he stats ever really truly reflected his ability.

In style of play he was a bigger, faster, stronger Drew Brees. Just a ton of fun to watch.

Sounds like a lot of excuses. I have honestly in recent memory never seen a QB get this much of a pass. Not Cam Newton, not even Matthew Stafford.

He played in the AFC South, not the NFC North, or even the NFC East. And he was in an easier conference. He threw to TY Hilton and at one point even Reggie Wayne, not Ricardo Lockette. This narrative that he had absolute trash is FACTUALLY, and NUMERICALLY false.

All this talk about his lack of talent and O-line, because he FITS the QB mold. No criticism of his excessive interceptions, and fumbles. He had a good year last year, nowhere near mind blowing.

Andrew Luck is the ultimate example of a QB or Public figure who’s judged more on the perception of him rather than the actual production. Every shortcoming he’s had deserves an excuse, whereas we’ve seen other QBs ripped for it. Give Russell Luck’s height, stats, and style of play...and Russell would be dismissed as a talented but turnover prone bust who never protected himself properly and wasn’t “mentally fit” to be one of the greats

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Scorpion05":3pbcxcje said:
Popeyejones":3pbcxcje said:
Sorry to break up the Russell WIlson posts, but Andrew Luck was a hell of a QB.

As injuries took their toll he really evolved his game too. He played most of his career with a bad o-line, a bad running game, and no defense to support him. He was bordering on a one man show for years and never publicly complained about it.

And his best year -- when he finally had some semblance of a team around him -- was his last.

Because of all that I don't think he stats ever really truly reflected his ability.

In style of play he was a bigger, faster, stronger Drew Brees. Just a ton of fun to watch.

Sounds like a lot of excuses. I have honestly in recent memory never seen a QB get this much of a pass. Not Cam Newton, not even Matthew Stafford.

He played in the AFC South, not the NFC North, or even the NFC East. And he was in an easier conference. He threw to TY Hilton and at one point even Reggie Wayne, not Ricardo Lockette. This narrative that he had absolute trash is FACTUALLY, and NUMERICALLY false.

All this talk about his lack of talent and O-line, because he FITS the QB mold. No criticism of his excessive interceptions, and fumbles. He had a good year last year, nowhere near mind blowing.

Andrew Luck is the ultimate example of a QB or Public figure who’s judged more on the perception of him rather than the actual production. Every shortcoming he’s had deserves an excuse, whereas we’ve seen other QBs ripped for it. Give Russell Luck’s height, stats, and style of play...and Russell would be dismissed as a talented but turnover prone bust who never protected himself properly and wasn’t “mentally fit” to be one of the greats

From years of watching him play I am very impressed by the things in Luck's game that I found to be special in comparison to most other QBs. That doesn't mean his game was perfect, but I never claimed it did.

That you can't even get through your criticism of Luck without slipping into entirely made up degradations of Russell Wilson is, to me, telling.

If you can't accept that someone enjoying Luck's game has nothing to friggin do with Russell Wilson that's entirely your problem, not mine.

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
Is Grigson with the Hawks? I seem to remember him getting hired. As unlikely as it is, him being the successor one day frightens me to my core.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
McGruff":1ure3xy5 said:
Threedee":1ure3xy5 said:
UK_Seahawk":1ure3xy5 said:
HawkGA":1ure3xy5 said:
Watch the Colts get the first pick now and draft Tua.
Win fewer for Tua?

Win Two for Tua?

Anyway, I think that Clemson QB is better.

Lawrence is not draft eligiable.

He will be what Luck shouldve been.
Yep. And part of the reason it'll be that way is cuz whichever team is fortunate enough to draft him will know they must give him an o-line because of the example of the Colts with Luck.

rcaido

Reaction score
The sad thing is that Russell will probably play at least 10 more high level years and people will say Luck was the better QB in that draft...They will blame injuries for reason he didn't become the GOAT of football.

Meanwhile, they will give Wilson all the excuses of why he is more successful.

Wilson would need to win 1 or 2 more superbowls to get his deserve recognition as being all time great.

Palmegranite

Reaction score
rcaido":14xy91f3 said:
Wilson would need to win 1 or 2 more superbowls to get his deserve recognition as being all time great.
Don't worry.
It's on the RW to-do list,

Ramfan128

Reaction score
bmorepunk":2xgq24ek said:
Jville":2xgq24ek said:
kobebryant":2xgq24ek said:
Cyrus12":2xgq24ek said:

Ridiculous to see.

He’ll sleep well tonight, pack up his house, and get the heck out of the state of Indiana and never look back.

Unfortunately, every fan base is plagued by poor behavior from time to time ..... including Seattle's. In the you tube retirement video, Andrew states, as a point of emphasis, that his home is Indiana and expresses his continuing commitment to Indianapolis, Indiana.

Andrew Luck is genuine. Indianapolis is fortunate to have him set a humble example of how to live with adversity.

A lot of Colts fans, like Packers fans, have no idea how good they have had it. To go from Manning to Luck or Favre to Rodgers and have that situation for 20-25 years means there's an entire generation of fans who grew up without having a crap QB or series of them. It may do some Indy fans some good to be in QB hell for awhile.

Yea but..

Going from Manning to Luck and they have a whopping....one Super Bowl to show for it. In the same time frame that they've had these amazing QBs...

Saints, Rams, Seahawks, Bucs, Packers, Eagles have one Super Bowl win.

Steelers, Ravens, Broncos and Giants have two.

Patriots have six.

Obviously they had a lot of winning seasons in there, but it's crazy to me that 11 teams have as many or more Super Bowl wins as the franchise that was gifted this QB luck. Similar story for the Packers, but at least they got one each out of their QBs.

Marvin49

Reaction score
bmorepunk":2wbaj22o said:
Jville":2wbaj22o said:
kobebryant":2wbaj22o said:
Cyrus12":2wbaj22o said:

Ridiculous to see.

As a Niner fan who saw Montana to Young, I can say unequivocally that it was a wake up call to see how the "other half lives". At least the Niners got 5 rings out of it. Colts DRAFTED John Elway, Peyton Manning, and Andrew Luck, all with the first pick of the draft, and walked away with ONE Lombardi.

Ouch.

Then again, they did win 3 Championships with Unitas, but that was before the NFL-AFL Merger.

chris98251

Reaction score
Marvin49":3j4yznt5 said:
bmorepunk":3j4yznt5 said:
Jville":3j4yznt5 said:
kobebryant":3j4yznt5 said:
Ridiculous to see.

As a Niner fan who saw Montana to Young, I can say unequivocally that it was a wake up call to see how the "other half lives". At least the Niners got 5 rings out of it. Colts DRAFTED John Elway, Peyton Manning, and Andrew Luck, all with the first pick of the draft, and walked away with ONE Lombardi.

Ouch.

Then again, they did win 3 Championships with Unitas, but that was before the NFL-AFL Merger.

Unitas, little history on this guy.

After his collegiate career, the Pittsburgh Steelers of the NFL drafted Unitas in the ninth round. However, he was released before the season began as the odd man out among four quarterbacks trying to fill three spots. Steelers' head coach Walt Kiesling had made up his mind about Unitas; he thought he was not smart enough to quarterback an NFL team,[7] and he was not given any snaps in practice with the Steelers.

Don't forget Bert Jones there as well, he had a good run till injuries took their toll, Roger Carr was his go to guy.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Popeyejones":3uhc5lls said:
Sports Hernia":3uhc5lls said:
mikeak":3uhc5lls said:

Over on Denial Zone I heard there's still Seahawks fans at .Nut crying about how it was just an accident that has been used to slander angelic and infallible Seahawks fans.

God knows where they come up with this stuff over there, right?
Snowflake much?

Latest posts