Another SB Rigged and Fixed by the league

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Probably. But still NOT the reason KC won. No matter how hard someone wants to try to convince themselves.
Was it the refs who didn't have a single sack all game?
Was it the refs who gave up 24 points in the final 4 drives for KC?
Was it the refs who only scored 11 points the entire 2nd half?
Was it the refs who fumbled the ball that caused the scoop and score?

Do the refs suck? Often, yes. KC earned this win, period.

Hawk4life

Reaction score
It's even worse because they started that home office review business so now we know that a referee is not just making calls on the field but is looking at the replays just like the fans are. Nobody can look at that and not see pass interference. They need to make it so the replay refs can throw flags and reverse calls.

Refs can claim they didn't see it in real time. If they miss it in instant replay then it would prove that they are rigging the games.

Last edited:

Chapow

Reaction score
Every single one of you claiming foul on this play would be screaming from the roof tops if it was a Hawks receiver being held in that position and no flag was thrown…complete hypocrisy.

Yep. 100%

"OuR wR wAs ClEaRlY hElD aNd No FlAg!!! pRoOf ThE gAmE wAs RiGgEd AgAiNsT uS!!!"

Mizak

Reaction score
Yep. 100%

"OuR wR wAs ClEaRlY hElD aNd No FlAg!!! pRoOf ThE gAmE wAs RiGgEd AgAiNsT uS!!!"
You just described OP and OP definitely would have 100% bitched about it if it happened to a Seahawk WR.

bileever

Reaction score
I think that gambling has warped people's perceptions of the officiating. If you have money on the game, you'll likely be more upset by things like this. I'm not pointing to anyone on this forum, but a lot of the conspiracy theorists probably are upset over more than just the outcome of a game.

Was it the right call? Yes, but I also agree it was not the worst case of holding. In a situation like that, an official might get roasted for a non-call. You just call what you see.

In any case, it's not like the call would have prevented KC from kicking the field goal. It would have been nice to see what the Eagles could have done with 1:45 left and one time out. They probably would have had to go 40 yards to get into range for a 50-yard field goal. Definitely do-able, but not a sure thing.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
I think it was a better non-call than to call it. It's got to be obvious, and egregious. The receiver in no way was visibly slowed down or redirected by that hold, which is the key determining factor.

I don't believe the league is rigged, though. Just tough calls to make, for the most part.

pmedic920

Reaction score
The angle shown in this thread misses the actual hold, which happens behind Bradberry in the linked video when he grabs JuJu with his left hand and you can see the jersey pulling. It's definitely a hold.

The highly debatable part is that when they let stuff like this go all game and then call it at the very end it leaves a bad taste in everybody's mouth. Like an umpire in baseball who has had an inside strike zone all game, but then rings up the last out of the game on a slider 1" off the plate.

People want both accuracy and consistency in officiating and the real question here is whether this call was consistent.

You can make contact and push and shove as much as you want, but defensive players are never allowed to hold. "Holding" as defined here is explicitly pulling which is why they look for the jersey stretching. Bradberry stretches JuJu's jersey with his left hand and so it's an accurate call.
I think the consensus is, that it wasn’t a bad call.

The issue is, that the same type and amount of contact/holding wasn’t called evenly or consistently throughout the game. For myself personally, that’s where I have issues with the officiating.

had2bhawk

Reaction score

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Most shouldn't argue if it was the right call. By the letter of the law, yes, it was holding. But again, it comes back to the fact that they didn't call holding all game long, and suddenly when the very game is on the line, they call a ticky tack holding call? I think the Chiefs deserved to win. No controversy there, but in that moment, in the biggest stage of the entire sport world...

You keep your flag in your pocket and let the players dictate the outcome.

had2bhawk

Reaction score
The ref's are "damed if they do, damed if they don't" but the ball wasn't catchable.
Bradbury killed the controversy by admitting his guilt!

Torc

Reaction score
I think this is a great example of a no-win scenario for the NFL. In Rich Eisen's show, he said that from what they saw at the game (he was physically present) that fans saw the jersey pull and were in agreement that it was a good call. (Although Eisen doesn't think they should have called it given the situation.)

Here's the problem - based on what the network CHOSE TO SHOW on TV, we thought it was ticky tacky. But apparently the foul was very clear to people at the game. If the network had shown THAT view of it, and the refs didn't call the penalty, we'd be having a discussion about the refs steering the game towards a "fantastic finish" and that the penalty should have been called.

The ending narrative is all about what we see on TV rather than what actually happened.

Jville

Reaction score
I think this is a great example of a no-win scenario for the NFL. In Rich Eisen's show, he said that from what they saw at the game (he was physically present) that fans saw the jersey pull and were in agreement that it was a good call. (Although Eisen doesn't think they should have called it given the situation.)

Here's the problem - based on what the network CHOSE TO SHOW on TV, we thought it was ticky tacky. But apparently the foul was very clear to people at the game. If the network had shown THAT view of it, and the refs didn't call the penalty, we'd be having a discussion about the refs steering the game towards a "fantastic finish" and that the penalty should have been called.

The ending narrative is all about what we see on TV rather than what actually happened.
I liken TV sportscasts as a sequence of distorted views seen thru a sequence of straws.

FlyingGunHawk

Reaction score
I watched a lot of Eagles games this year I thought that their pass rush was going to be the difference maker. They were good at producing pressure in virtually every single game this season for the exception of the Super Bowl. I figured they were going to give Mahomes fits all game. He was barely touched.

Torc

Reaction score
I liken TV sportscasts as a sequence of distorted views seen thru a sequence of straws.
Absolutely. Look at the "Fail Mary". The official who made the interception call was in no position to see the ball - he was in the back of the end zone, facing the players' backs. He had no view of the ball whatsoever. The official who called TD was in front of them and could see the ball and action as well as anyone on the field. I'm convinced that's why the ref made the call he did, based on those two officials' views of the play. But because one of the announcers (Gruden) didn't like the call, and it was Aaron Rodgers, everyone followed Gruden's narrative.

Jville

Reaction score
Absolutely. Look at the "Fail Mary". The official who made the interception call was in no position to see the ball - he was in the back of the end zone, facing the players' backs. He had no view of the ball whatsoever. The official who called TD was in front of them and could see the ball and action as well as anyone on the field. I'm convinced that's why the ref made the call he did, based on those two officials' views of the play. But because one of the announcers (Gruden) didn't like the call, and it was Aaron Rodgers, everyone followed Gruden's narrative.

NFL telecasts are in the entertainment business. Their talking heads are not and never will be reliable witnesses.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I watched a lot of Eagles games this year I thought that their pass rush was going to be the difference maker. They were good at producing pressure in virtually every single game this season for the exception of the Super Bowl. I figured they were going to give Mahomes fits all game. He was barely touched.

That should be the main takeaway. Not a ticky tack call late in the game that took away what could have potentially been a game-winning or game-tying drive by the Eagles but how their much vaunted defense let them down all game. Chiefs got riled up the two weeks leading up to the game hearing nothing but how amazing the Eagles D was. Then they shit the bed in their biggest game of the year, if not for some players, their careers.

Biscanebay12

Reaction score
Probably. But still NOT the reason KC won. No matter how hard someone wants to try to convince themselves.
Was it the refs who didn't have a single sack all game?
Was it the refs who gave up 24 points in the final 4 drives for KC?
Was it the refs who only scored 11 points the entire 2nd half?
Was it the refs who fumbled the ball that caused the scoop and score?

Do the refs suck? Often, yes. KC earned this win, period.
How nany holding calls on KC O-line vs how many times they held? Yes refs suck, but more often they suck more for one team and not the other. This time KC benefited from the calls or non calls.

If you think the NFL doesn't steer games, you're either blind or in denial.

Jville

Reaction score
Slippery field conditions that further deteriorated during the game had a telling impact on the game.

SF49r

Reaction score
Sure wish we got a holding call back in Superbowl 47 when crabtree was held on 4th and goal late in the 4th quarter. That hold was way more obvious than the one last night but no call. Then the narrative surrounding that was "the refs are going to let them play in the superbowl." Unless you're the legacy team chiefs and mahomes, you'll get that call 100 percent of the time with the superbowl on the line and the narrative this time is "legit call". Even few years ago when chiefs beat the niners, chiefs committed all kinds of "legit calls" late in the 4th that were never penalized and the same thing "refs let them play", but you know damn well if the teams were reversed they call it on us 100 percent of the time. Shits a joke and the NFL is blatantly rigged, if you don't see it then you're in denial.