Another SB Rigged and Fixed by the league

fullquartpress

Reaction score
1. My first thought was why Mahomes tried for a TD, when a 1st down inside the 8 would have been more crushing.
2. The pass wasn't his best..maybe was his worst of the night
3. Smithshuster was barely restricted, if at all, and certainly not enough to make a difference for Mahomes' overthrow.
A better pass and caught ball would have made a better viewing experience, with 1:45 and 1 timeout for Philly.
4. Logan Wilson's hold of Cooper Kupp last year looked even less flagable than Bradberry's "hold" of SmthShuster yesterday.

Lagartixa

Reaction score
Sure wish we got a holding call back in Superbowl 47 when crabtree was held on 4th and goal late in the 4th quarter. That hold was way more obvious than the one last night but no call. Then the narrative surrounding that was "the refs are going to let them play in the superbowl." Unless you're the legacy team chiefs and mahomes, you'll get that call 100 percent of the time with the superbowl on the line and the narrative this time is "legit call". Even few years ago when chiefs beat the niners, chiefs committed all kinds of "legit calls" late in the 4th that were never penalized and the same thing "refs let them play", but you know damn well if the teams were reversed they call it on us 100 percent of the time. Shits a joke and the NFL is blatantly rigged, if you don't see it then you're in denial.

Wait, now the Chiefs are a "legacy team" and the Gold Diggers aren't?

It's so hard to keep track.

ElvisInBlue

Reaction score
Wait, now the Chiefs are a "legacy team" and the Gold Diggers aren't?

It's so hard to keep track.
Through the lens of entertainment (vs sport), it’s really about A-lister status.

Legacy franchises have a leg up in a perceived ratings draw, but the ‘IT’ girl can eclipse the legacy especially if the legacy is currently showing some wrinkles and has put on a couple pounds.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
How nany holding calls on KC O-line vs how many times they held? Yes refs suck, but more often they suck more for one team and not the other. This time KC benefited from the calls or non calls.

If you think the NFL doesn't steer games, you're either blind or in denial.
I literally NEVER once said the refs don't steer games sometimes. Get over it.

Mizak

Reaction score
LOL, Super Bowl rematch next season. Gonna be fun.

Chuckwow

Reaction score
You have to have rules/penalties/etc., but the refs have too much influence in game-deciding moments. I'm sure there was contact like that constantly throughout the game. It ruined an otherwise classic for me. The Chiefs earned a SB but at the same time, I was annoyed seeing them celebrate.
The celebration sure looked forced, didn't it? Like they were doing their best to convince themselves they were Champs. Made me sad to see that. They played their hearts out and deserved the spoils of victory. Instead they will always feel something of an emotional asterisk attached to their excellent season. Back to back championships ending in major controversy? Bitter-sweet, in deed. Hawks not withstanding, I hope to see a rematch between these 2 teams in next year's title game. Overall it was an epic SB and I'm grateful for the entertainment both teams put on display.

KinesProf

Reaction score
I think it was the appropriate call ... but it comes with a caveat that I am unable to prove.

I wouldn't imagine that the primary option for Juju there, given the situation and circumstance, is a wheel to the endzone - it has a low probability of success, and a first down there is exponentially more valuable than a TD. A TD gives the Eagles some life. I believe that Juju's # 1 option on that play is a pivot/whip route to the flat with the goal being to beat the defense to the sticks and pick up a first down. Juju cooked Bradberry on the break/pivot and that is when Bradberry held, with Juju having a built-in route adjustment to the wheel if that happens.

Like, do we ever see that sort of release by a WR on a wheel? If anyone here has been taught a pivot/whip into a wheel please let me know.

So if we're working with the premise that the hold had a negligible impact on the success of the shot to the end zone, then yes, I don't like the flag. But though I can't prove it, I maintain that a pivot to the flat was option #1, and in that case the hold needs to be flagged and any argument around the catchability of the ball in the endzone is irrelevant.

Pure speculation on my part.

OP
OP
Rainger

Rainger

Reaction score

this just says it all, and all you need to do is look at the hundreds of ex NFL players saying that the call should never have been made AFTER allowing many far worse throughout the entire game.