Another SB Rigged and Fixed by the league

Donn2390

Reaction score
Anyone who follows sporting events of any kind has had occasions where they have lived by the sword and died by the sword. I've been disappointed many times, and overjoyed many other times by ticky tack calls, we all have.
As long as they use human referees these things will happen. Humans are imperfect, not necessary corrupt. Corruption is in the mind of the beholder. Truly a great game.
Once computers and robots take over everything will be perfect, then we will find other things to complain about. At that point we will we viewing a six hour game.

Last edited:

Hockey Guy

Reaction score
Doesn't stop it from being a bullshit call. That tug, within the 5 yards happened on practically every passing play in the game, but only called when the game was on the line.
Get over yourself.

The guy who was flagged said it was a f***ing penalty. I'm guessing that doesn't fit your narrative so we'll just ignore that & go back to your conspiracy bunker.

BASF

Reaction score
Hey, how about we give you ten grand of the millions we won to say you committed that penalty?

Sure, ten grand sounds pretty good.

Not that difficult.

Lagartixa

Reaction score
“Let’em play”
That’s my entire issue here.

They did “let’em play”until they didn’t.

It’s the inconsistency that is suspect for me.

Maybe it’s just human nature to be hyper focused at the end of a big game?

IDK but IMO it sure has tarnished my opinion over the last several years.

Rams fans agree that "let 'em play" was the right approach for the officials to take in the Rams-Saints NFCCG after the 2018 season.

Aircrew

Reaction score
Didn't show up, or showed up and faced a superior team, the likes of which they haven't seen all season?
I lean towards didn't show up because Philly's defense is actually good. Example: when you let KC score (2) touchdowns to Toney and Moore on what were nearly identical plays that left the receivers WIDE open, I interpret that as bad game management.

flv2

Reaction score
Is the NFL rigged, scripted, or steered, or did a referee make a bad call? Hanlon's razor.

This wasn't a Rams vs. Saints situation where the referees missed a blatant penalty. Instead, it was a 40/60 call magnified by the stakes of the moment. It sucks for the Eagles. But it's not the most compelling evidence for a conspiracy.
The Rams @ Saints call was a bang - bang play.

...but there might have been a second and a half between the bangs.

AgentDib

Reaction score
The angle shown in this thread misses the actual hold, which happens behind Bradberry in the linked video when he grabs JuJu with his left hand and you can see the jersey pulling. It's definitely a hold.

The highly debatable part is that when they let stuff like this go all game and then call it at the very end it leaves a bad taste in everybody's mouth. Like an umpire in baseball who has had an inside strike zone all game, but then rings up the last out of the game on a slider 1" off the plate.

People want both accuracy and consistency in officiating and the real question here is whether this call was consistent.
The defensive player can engage AND grab and hold in the first 5 yards.
You can make contact and push and shove as much as you want, but defensive players are never allowed to hold. "Holding" as defined here is explicitly pulling which is why they look for the jersey stretching. Bradberry stretches JuJu's jersey with his left hand and so it's an accurate call.

flv2

Reaction score
There are 2 ways to officiate the end game. Either the refs make decisions they believe to be correct, (some of which will be ticky-tack), or they let everything go and play with no rules. I'm ok with a ticky-tack call because the alternative is worse.

Hollandhawk

Reaction score
Rams fans agree that "let 'em play" was the right approach for the officials to take in the Rams-Saints NFCCG after the 2018 season.
Lol, yeah that not getting called and this getting called just shows you how stupidly horrible officiating is. Like it is so bad that you can’t blame people for thinking it is rigged.

Torc

Reaction score
When in Rome?

Let's take away the cheating and pretend players and the games are legit. We have cameras all over the field, let's say an AI was developed to replace the refs. There are some players that would get flagged on every play because cheating is a huge part of their game. Knowing when and what you can get away with is actually more important than skill. You know they practice and perfect it. As Seahawks fans we (of all football fans) should understand this. Good guys don't win in the NFL, 2005 proved that.

I don't think we would have ever won a super bowl without the street talents of the LOB. Sherman used to yank jerseys

The real problem has been going on for a long time in the NFL, some people call it letting them play the game but it's just an excuse. Just like in real life if you make rules but don't enforce them (or bend them) then people will break the rules. If one team does it then every team has to in order to compete.
I remember Sherman saying something to the effect that they scout the refs and the type of calls they make, and they have an idea of what they can get away with, with each officiating team.

Torc

Reaction score
The current conspiracy theory going on the Eagles forum is that the field was in bad shape and negated their awesome defensive line. Apparently the Chiefs had "inside information" about the field conditions which is why they didn't have to change their cleats during the game, while the Eagles had to switch out cleats several times.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the field is available equally to both teams well before game time? You'd think pregame warmups is all the heads up a professional team with a qualified equipment manager and a bunch of experienced players would need as far as cleat requirements.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
The current conspiracy theory going on the Eagles forum is that the field was in bad shape and negated their awesome defensive line. Apparently the Chiefs had "inside information" about the field conditions which is why they didn't have to change their cleats during the game, while the Eagles had to switch out cleats several times.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the field is available equally to both teams well before game time? You'd think pregame warmups is all the heads up a professional team with a qualified equipment manager and a bunch of experienced players would need as far as cleat requirements.
Yeah that is 100 percent BS by the eagle fans. The chiefs were slipping just as much as the Eagles were.

Also a random side note the thing with that call in the end, it happened at the end of the game right in front of the refs face. That is going to get called every time when you see the Jersey being tugged at like it was.

Hawk4life

Reaction score
I find it fascinating how examples of degrading morality are all around us yet nobody seems to care, until it impacts them.

Speaking of impact...

Steve brought balance to the force.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
but but.........conspiracy.............
BOTH teams play on the same field. Week sauce by Philly fans. But not surprising coming from them.

ivotuk

Reaction score
If grabbing happened all through the game, how come the only time a player complained about it was on that obvious hold? You know, the one that Bradberry admitted to?

IIRC, "Uncatchable" doesn't apply to holding calls, which is why holding calls and illegal contact is a 5 yard penalty, and PI is spot of the foul.

And when did the Chiefs get to him and offer him $10,000? Why would a player that makes millions dirty himself, and betray his team for $10k?

Hollandhawk

Reaction score
Yeah that is 100 percent BS by the eagle fans. The chiefs were slipping just as much as the Eagles were.

Also a random side note the thing with that call in the end, it happened at the end of the game right in front of the refs face. That is going to get called every time when you see the Jersey being tugged at like it was.
Did you watch the 2018 rams saints playoff game? You sir, speak nonsense.
Although not a shirt pull, it is an insane PI which should be called always and the ref is looking at them!

Last edited:

Donn2390

Reaction score

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Did you watch the 2018 rams saints playoff game? You sir, speak nonsense.
View attachment 57338
View attachment 57337
Although not a shirt pull, it is an insane PI which should be called always and the ref is looking at them!
Come on, this is the most blatant non call of all time. It literally handed the Rams a SB birth. Yesterday might have been ticky tack, but it was by the rules a penalty.

Flyingsquad23

Reaction score
Every single one of you claiming foul on this play would be screaming from the roof tops if it was a Hawks receiver being held in that position and no flag was thrown…complete hypocrisy.
If Bradbury doesn’t hold him there, the WR has a free release and turns up field and gets to that ball.
The refs could literally throw flags on every single play, is that what you want?
And the OP making a correlation between “rigged” games and vaccinations shows me who the moron is…absolute douche bag loser gfy