Anyone Else Think the #12 "Fan" Jerseys Are Dumb

ZorntoLargent

Reaction score
The good of the "12" jersey is that you don't end up with a # associated with someone not on the team any longer.
I loved David Segui, great guy, dad was the first M's pitcher........... and he wore black nail polish while playing. LOL
I had a jersey made up, and they got rid of him like months later. SO PISSED.
So, next jersey was a Mariners jersey with "CAREW" on the back. People kept asking, "did carew play here?"
Nope, just my favorite player growing up.
Then later I broke down and got an Ichiro jersey.

As far as the Seahawks, I never bought one in all these years. I'm picky and don't like the cheap ones.
The real ones were either never offered, or I couldn't afford one.
So the day we lost to Atlanta in the 2012 playoffs, I found a real #3 Rick Mire jersey on eBay that was BRAND NEW OLD STOCK from 1995, and had STT lettering change it to "WILSON". And to have my GF match, we found her a #80 REAL Largent jersey. That was the year she became a Seahawks fan. She never really followed and NFL team, and was a SOONER fan growing up in OK. So, at least Largent was from there.

I think the reason I never got a "12" jersey, was that EVERYONE is wearing them. I go against the grain.
I want to have stuff most people don't. Hence everyone wants to know wear I found my old school WILSON #3.

Attachments

• 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    184.5 KB · Views: 380

JSeahawks

Reaction score
I think it's pretty lame myself, but I've learned not to fight this fight. I just got a throwback largent jersey. Pretty nice.

Hyak

Reaction score
The "Fan" part to me is a bit lame - you likely know you are a fan if you bought the team's jersey. I'd much rather see "SEAHAWKS" or "Go Hawks" for the name.

2hawk22

Reaction score
I have a 12 fan jersey. For me wearing a players jersey reminds me of high school where the girls wear their football player boyfriends jersey. Lol

sc85sis

Reaction score
What other NFL team has retired a number for the fans? I don't think it's dumb, regardless of what it says on the back.

jlaff35

Reaction score
I hate the 12 jersey. Me and my buddies were just talking about it down at the Super Bowl. Nothing screams "i just got rid of my Niners jersey and am looking to join the 12th man bandwagon" quite as much as a 12 jersey. Basically, I feel it means a person has no idea who the actual players on the team are, so they take the easy way out and become a 12.

Apologies to people that rocked the old 12 jerseys. I guess it's the new 12 jerseys that I don't like, though I have read arguments in this thread as to why people where the 12, and they are valid. It's just my opinion that I don't like them

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
Scottemojo":2au3i2fa said:
Why in the hell does anyone care what anyone else might be wearing?

If you think a 12 FAN is cheesy, don't wear one. Problem solved.

If you like the 12 but not the FAN, drop some coin. Problem solved.

If you think wearing a jersey with another man's name on it is dumb, don't. Problem solved.
Incorrect

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
JSeahawks":3udv4msq said:
I think it's pretty lame myself, but I've learned not to fight this fight. I just got a throwback largent jersey. Pretty nice.
Yes but you don't even cheer at games m

YYZHawksFan

Reaction score
I'd take any "real" jersey over the fake ones....

Fan ones are fine with me. Even real jersey's of former players are fine also....even Tate, Harvin, even, yes, Browner....bugger, back to back rings for him... ;-) and ;-(

YYZHawksFan

Reaction score
TheHawkster":nz3lnm5h said:
I've never worn another teams jersey but, this is one of a very few I'd ever wear.

That, was funny. Might be lost on some, however. Ray Finkle.... :shock:

purpleneer

Reaction score
Love the 12 jersey, but not a fan of having "fan" on it. What I really hate is anything that specifically says "12th fan." Completely differentiates from the entire concept, and actually implies that it is relative to 11 other fans.

BullHawk33

Reaction score
This all just smacks of Seahawks swag elitism. I have been Seahawks fan since the beginning of the team. I never really had wanted to own a jersey up until the beginning of the 2013 season when I bought a 12 jersey. Yeah, it has fan on it. I haven't gone through any effort to change a name or whatever. That jersey is a consistent top 20 selling jersey and sometimes a top 10 so I'm not going to ever knock anyone for having one.

I understand your opinion that you don't care for the 12 jerseys but I refuse to look down on someone for the choice they make when choosing to support the team.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
I'll put it this way, I'm a fan of the team and its players. I'm not a fan of the fan base. This is why I don't own a 12 jersey

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I've always felt the #12 jersey is a little on the cheesy side, but I certainly understand fans who buy it because they can wear it for the next 20 years without worrying about the player's jersey they bought leaving.

If I were to rank the Hawk jerseys, I'd go in order;

1. Old school classic
2. Current players and style
3. Older players and style
4. 12 "Fan"
5. Lime green anything

therealjohncarlson

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":1tdv9487 said:
Not as corny as someone caring what someone else wears.

I always hear these comments and they still never make much sense to me. Can't people have a discourse over whether something is cool to wear or kinda dumb to wear while still respecting the other's choice? Or should we all just be opinion-less zombies?

chris98251

Reaction score
The real topic should be why do some people wear Spandex and a short shirt and create nightmares for everyone.

minormillikin

Reaction score
The 12 jersey is our uniform. I find it weird that so many grown people want to dress up in someone else's uniform.

That said, a personalized 12 is the better than generic "Fan."

In other news, do what you like and I'll do the same.

Dirtball

Reaction score
I got my "12" Jersey in 1984 it was retired for us, the FANS, by the Seahawks as a thank
you for our unwavering support through good and bad seasons.

I wear mine proudly to every home game since I was lucky enough to get a season ticket in 2005.
Hence my tag line.......

Latest posts