Anyone miss Maxwell yet?

bmorepunk

Reaction score
marko358":29oxy9jm said:
Not sure what the point of this is. He signed a $75 billion contract with Philly that we couldn't match.

Sounds like OP got into an argument earlier this year and is now vaguely mentioning other posters making it sound like there are an army of posters against him and now he's back to show that he's "right".

How about we resurrect the original thread so OP can get his digs at the right people instead of making it seem like it is him vs. the world?

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
LOL at people trying to compare Cary Williams to Byron Maxwell. They are not even close, try again.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
bmorepunk":2l7ggq53 said:
marko358":2l7ggq53 said:
Not sure what the point of this is. He signed a $75 billion contract with Philly that we couldn't match.

Sounds like OP got into an argument earlier this year and is now vaguely mentioning other posters making it sound like there are an army of posters against him and now he's back to show that he's "right".

How about we resurrect the original thread so OP can get his digs at the right people instead of making it seem like it is him vs. the world?

OP brings up Cary Williams every game we lose. Its a fun time.

OP also overlooks that his avatar has played just as poorly against the actual competition on our schedule this year, but strangely never mentions that.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
mistaowen":20g2dgqa said:
I do still think we overpaid for Cary (by a decent amount) but there's no denying his build meshes perfectly with the secondary. He just doesn't play the way we're used to seeing. Awful at jamming at LOS, Kelly Jenningsesq ball skills, and not much effort against the run game.

Given the market for corners, they paid accordingly. Maxwell is by no means great and he makes twice what Williams does. Cornerback is a premium position. We're all spoiled from the FO's ability to convert UDFA's and 5th round picks into superstars on a small salary. Realistically, those days are over now. Either you draft a corner higher in the draft or pay more money in FA.

Quite honestly if Tharold Simon wasn't made out of paper mache, Cary Williams probably isn't even on the roster right now. The FO, understandably so, couldn't rely on Simon to stay healthy and had to sign a corner in FA following the postseason secondary injury fest that fit their size preference and budget. This is why they looked at Cary and not someone like Charles Tillman, because Tillman wasn't exactly very durable either of late.

OP
OP
RussB

RussB

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":2y10y3de said:
bmorepunk":2y10y3de said:
marko358":2y10y3de said:

OP brings up Cary Williams every game we lose. Its a fun time.

OP also overlooks that his avatar has played just as poorly against the actual competition on our schedule this year, but strangely never mentions that.
Nope ive just recently started bringing him up. Cant believe there is actually ppl on this forum defending him. He gets burned all day he doesnt deserve a pass. Sherman on the other hand does get burned, but atleast he doesnt do it every time he is targeted like wiliams, he shut down dez bryant and had a good second half against AZ.

The point of this thread wasnt to show how right i am. Even though i was, but its just funny how some posters still defend his trash play.

Throwdown

Reaction score
All I know is I don't know how much more I can take of Williams. He's so inept at everything out there it ain't funny. Does the man need help pouring his bowl of cereal in the morning too? I imagine he might drop the milk on the floor. I'm still trying to wrap my mind over what they seen in the guy to sign him? Was it just the fact that he's tall? He got his ass burned all day with the Eagles last year, did they expect differently?

And Lane can play outside, we've seen in numerous times in the past.

OP
OP
RussB

RussB

Reaction score
Throwdown":2a0aux2e said:
All I know is I don't know how much more I can take of Williams. He's so inept at everything out there it ain't funny. Does the man need help pouring his bowl of cereal in the morning too? I imagine he might drop the milk on the floor. I'm still trying to wrap my mind over what they seen in the guy to sign him? Was it just the fact that he's tall? He got his ass burned all day with the Eagles last year, did they expect differently?

Idk why they signed his ass. Better Cb's were available at the time.

Boycie

Reaction score
2Cool4School":2jal9c2m said:
Before the season i made a thread about how the secondary would be worse without him. Alot of posters said there would be no difference and some even said that cary would be better. Halfway into the season and it shows how much worse cary really is and how good b max was in the LOB. Instead of giving wagner, cary, and jimmy g these big contracts, they should have given one to bmax.

I miss BMax, and I also would kill for Browner right now!

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
When he gets healthy I'd like to see Lane at the #2 corner. I've seen many think he's only a nickel CB but when Browner was suspended it was a toss up of who was better Maxwell or Lane. Maxwell ended up being the starter and I believe when Byron got hurt didn't Lane came in and play well at the # 2?

I miss Browner, when we had two booms in LOB.

Basis4day

Reaction score
2Cool4School":1qxn4jtw said:
Throwdown":1qxn4jtw said:

1. How did you expect the Hawks to re-sign Maxwell?
2. Please list the Cb's that were available.

SeaMeat

Reaction score
Nope....... do not miss BM.

IMO, the fans have over-rated him the entire time he was a Seahawk.

Philly fans are starting to see what he is all about.

seahawks08

Reaction score
Maxwell did not come and start playing on the get go, he was under the system and was coached up to perform. He still got burned, but he did create turnovers by punching the ball. To have the same expectations with Cary doesn't seem right to me, he first needs to learn the position the seahawks way, understand the coverage and then learn how to strip the ball. It sometimes takes a whole season or two to become an all level pro, maybe we don't have that much time, but every team will take shots are him just like how they did against any other corner who was new to the team. Some people learn from it, some people don't. So far he is not mastered it, but hopefully he will soon. The money Maxwell was offered was no way made financial sense Seahawks to match it, since it would mean we wouldnt be able to sign Bobby Wagner whose position and skills warrant much more than Maxwell.

mistaowen

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":2xyv5zwr said:
mistaowen":2xyv5zwr said:
I do still think we overpaid for Cary (by a decent amount) but there's no denying his build meshes perfectly with the secondary. He just doesn't play the way we're used to seeing. Awful at jamming at LOS, Kelly Jenningsesq ball skills, and not much effort against the run game.

Given the market for corners, they paid accordingly. Maxwell is by no means great and he makes twice what Williams does. Cornerback is a premium position. We're all spoiled from the FO's ability to convert UDFA's and 5th round picks into superstars on a small salary. Realistically, those days are over now. Either you draft a corner higher in the draft or pay more money in FA.

Quite honestly if Tharold Simon wasn't made out of paper mache, Cary Williams probably isn't even on the roster right now. The FO, understandably so, couldn't rely on Simon to stay healthy and had to sign a corner in FA following the postseason secondary injury fest that fit their size preference and budget. This is why they looked at Cary and not someone like Charles Tillman, because Tillman wasn't exactly very durable either of late.

Right, it was very clear we needed an answer at CB #2 early in the offseason. Max was gonna leave, was only a matter of deciding where. Tharold Simon looks the part but cannot stay healthy. Shead will never be more than depth on our team. Lane would be out for awhile and is perfect for the nickel. We had to dip into free agency and what we paid is probably what he would get elsewhere. He SHOULD fit our team perfectly; huge length, speed and played in man press in the past. It's just immensely disappointing seeing him never reach an arm out and still get crushed off the line. You see him playing catch up way too often, especially with his size and speed.

I doubt he stays a Seahawk next year. I couldn't believe the effort he gave on Ellington's final run.

Rob12

Reaction score
marko358":2l5mu6jy said:

This.

Byron Maxwell is not worth $75M.

OP
OP
RussB

RussB

Reaction score
SeaMeat":3pp6qijl said:
Nope....... do not miss BM.

IMO, the fans have over-rated him the entire time he was a Seahawk.

Philly fans are starting to see what he is all about.
hes actually been pretty good the past couple of games.

OP
OP
RussB

RussB

Reaction score
Basis4day":1st78n9m said:
2Cool4School":1st78n9m said:
Throwdown":1st78n9m said:

1. How did you expect the Hawks to re-sign Maxwell?
2. Please list the Cb's that were available.
http://walterfootball.com/freeagents2015CB.php

Those were the free agent corners this offseason.

A

Anonymous

2Cool4School":3a1rgmcc said:
Before the season i made a thread about how the secondary would be worse without him. Alot of posters said there would be no difference and some even said that cary would be better. Halfway into the season and it shows how much worse cary really is and how good b max was in the LOB. Instead of giving wagner, cary, and jimmy g these big contracts, they should have given one to bmax.

"Too cool for school" is right. Maybe you should have at least went to English class.

Proper names are capitalized, for the love of Alien Overlord man.

:34853_doh:

You have thought-provoking posts, if they had some respect built in, you might get a bit further.

OP
OP
RussB

RussB

Reaction score
HoustonHawk82":1t6bbapt said:
2Cool4School":1t6bbapt said:

"Too cool for school" is right. Maybe you should have at least went to English class.

Proper names are capitalized, for the love of Alien Overlord man.

:34853_doh:

You have thought-provoking posts, if they had some respect built in, you might get a bit further.
Lol its just a dumb username. I dont really sweat punctuation that much on a forum.

Latest posts