Anyone miss Maxwell yet?

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
2Cool4School":30dbnntz said:
Basis4day":30dbnntz said:
2Cool4School":30dbnntz said:
Throwdown":30dbnntz said:
All I know is I don't know how much more I can take of Williams. He's so inept at everything out there it ain't funny. Does the man need help pouring his bowl of cereal in the morning too? I imagine he might drop the milk on the floor. I'm still trying to wrap my mind over what they seen in the guy to sign him? Was it just the fact that he's tall? He got his ass burned all day with the Eagles last year, did they expect differently?

And Lane can play outside, we've seen in numerous times in the past.
Idk why they signed his ass. Better Cb's were available at the time.

1. How did you expect the Hawks to re-sign Maxwell?
2. Please list the Cb's that were available.
http://walterfootball.com/freeagents2015CB.php

Those were the free agent corners this offseason.

Sound argument would read again.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
If money were no object, yeah, I'd rather have Maxy than Cary. But between the two of them, I'd rather have a hungry and healthy Lane. Hopefully that's right around the corner.

CalgaryHawk

Reaction score
I've gotten the impression that Earl Thomas does not care much for Williams' effort or discipline within the scheme and I think that luck of trust between Williams and Earl is hurting everyone's performance in the secondary.

hawks85

Reaction score
2Cool4School":1gqwddj7 said:
Basis4day":1gqwddj7 said:
2Cool4School":1gqwddj7 said:
Throwdown":1gqwddj7 said:
All I know is I don't know how much more I can take of Williams. He's so inept at everything out there it ain't funny. Does the man need help pouring his bowl of cereal in the morning too? I imagine he might drop the milk on the floor. I'm still trying to wrap my mind over what they seen in the guy to sign him? Was it just the fact that he's tall? He got his ass burned all day with the Eagles last year, did they expect differently?

imagine if we signed revis. richards, chancellor, thomas, and revis. that would probably be the best secondary in nfl history. no one would cross the 50 yard line. :th2thumbs:

peppersjap

Reaction score
Have you watched Maxwell play this year. He might be one of the luckiest or smartest men alive because he is a system CB who was able to fall into a ton of money. He has sucked way worse than Cary Williams has this year. I'm pretty sure the Eagles are kicking themselves over that signing. I would miss Maxwell if he was making half the salary he is but at what he is making good riddance. Kudos to him for turning a teams success into a windfall for him.

OP
OP
RussB

RussB

Reaction score
imagine if we signed revis. richards, chancellor, thomas, and revis. that would probably be the best secondary in nfl history. no one would cross the 50 yard line. :th2thumbs:
No doubt . But it wont happen revis always wants big bucks.

nanomoz

Reaction score
I'd rather have Wagner than Maxwell, but yeah, Maxwell was better than Williams. He gave up fewer big plays and made more big plays for Seattle, no argument. However, as others have said, Maxwell vs. Williams isn't really how the decision played out. It's a bit disingenuous to run with that argument. $7 million of Williams' contract is guaranteed, $25 million of Maxwell's is. Not even the same ballpark.

Count me among those that think Shead should start to get some snaps opposite Sherman instead of Williams.

Like many other posters, I was worried about future depth at cornerback starting in 2013. It will be a point of emphasis in the draft and bargain-basement free agency next year. Simon can't stay on the field, Lane is coming off of a big injury, Burley is a good 4th corner (but seems much better in zone than man), and Williams plays smaller than his size and just doesn't' seem good at jamming at the line of scrimmage.

Basis4day

Reaction score
2Cool4School":35mq3g7t said:
Basis4day":35mq3g7t said:
2Cool4School":35mq3g7t said:
Throwdown":35mq3g7t said:

Sorry. Let me be more clear. Which of the available CBs were better than Williams in our system and could be signed to contracts that we could afford?

OP
OP
RussB

RussB

Reaction score
Sorry. Let me be more clear. Which of the available CBs were better than Williams in our system and could be signed to contracts that we could afford?
Chris Culliver, Perrish Cox,Antonio Cromartie,Alan Ball. Pretty sure all of those would have been better than TrashCan Williams, also pretty sure atleast one of them could have worked out a contract.

Basis4day

Reaction score
2Cool4School":1h3w86f8 said:
Chris Culliver, Perrish Cox,Antonio Cromartie,Alan Ball. Pretty sure all of those would have been better than TrashCan Williams, also pretty sure atleast one of them could have worked out a contract.

Culliver is relatively undersized for an outside CB in our scheme and signed for 32 million with 16 guaranteed.

Cox was a Seahawk (twice) and cut twice. Third time is the charm? At a certain point you move on. Also small for an outside corner in our system.

Cromartie would have been interesting, but he signed his contract with the Jets after they signed Revis. Playing with him again was clearly appealing. He also hasn't exactly been lighting it up and has surrendered 6 tds.

That leaves Alan Ball. Other than being cheap, i'm not sure what is so special about him.

None of these players, to me, represented a clearly better option than Cary Williams at the time.

OP
OP
RussB

RussB

Reaction score
Basis4day":2zf81glc said:
2Cool4School":2zf81glc said:

Culliver is relatively undersized for an outside CB in our scheme and signed for 32 million with 16 guaranteed.

Cox was a Seahawk (twice) and cut twice. Third time is the charm? At a certain point you move on. Also small for an outside corner in our system.

Cromartie would have been interesting, but he signed his contract with the Jets after they signed Revis. Playing with him again was clearly appealing. He also hasn't exactly been lighting it up and has surrendered 6 tds.

That leaves Alan Ball. Other than being cheap, i'm not sure what is so special about him.

None of these players, to me, represented a clearly better option than Cary Williams at the time.

Did you not see perrish cox last season? he was balling out. Anyone is a better option that cary williams.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
2Cool4School":333ztzyd said:
Before the season i made a thread about how the secondary would be worse without him. Alot of posters said there would be no difference and some even said that cary would be better. Halfway into the season and it shows how much worse cary really is and how good b max was in the LOB. Instead of giving wagner, cary, and jimmy g these big contracts, they should have given one to bmax.

You sir, are a soothsayer, a shaman............someone who should be revered and respected for your knowledge of the future.

Of all the people on here who remind us halfway through the season how smart they sounded three months ago, and leave out the threads where they were wrong, you're the best!

THE BEST!

OP
OP
RussB

RussB

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":17x5co4h said:
2Cool4School":17x5co4h said:
Before the season i made a thread about how the secondary would be worse without him. Alot of posters said there would be no difference and some even said that cary would be better. Halfway into the season and it shows how much worse cary really is and how good b max was in the LOB. Instead of giving wagner, cary, and jimmy g these big contracts, they should have given one to bmax.

You sir, are a soothsayer, a shaman............someone who should be revered and respected for your knowledge of the future.

Of all the people on here who remind us halfway through the season how smart they sounded three months ago, and leave out the threads where they were wrong, you're the best!

THE BEST!

Nice Sarcasm...............point is cary sucks and alot of ppl saw this coming

Basis4day

Reaction score
2Cool4School":3c4ejjwr said:
Basis4day":3c4ejjwr said:
2Cool4School":3c4ejjwr said:

Did you not see perrish cox last season? he was balling out. Anyone is a better option that cary williams.

Again, small for an outside corner and cut by the Seahawks twice. He had his chances here. It didn't work out

You can say whatever you want about Williams now, but you need to view this as what was available then.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
2Cool4School":2m0401ks said:

We all knew Williams was a downgrade. So not sure what your point is.

To say we should have kept Maxwell over Graham and Wagner? Even now at 4-5 that's crazy. Maxwell is getting torched on a weekly basis in Philly, so he's not worth the money there, and he's not worth the money here, even if he continued to play well.

Why? Because adding Maxwell and subtracting Graham and Wagner would mean a worse defense AND a worse offense.

So again, what's your point other than bragging about something that wouldn't have made our team better. Congrats?

JaiSeaSea

Reaction score
2Cool4School":3qkf33y4 said:
No doubt . But it wont happen revis always wants big bucks.

Man, 2 REVIS'!?!? That would be epic

JaiSeaSea

Reaction score
Williams doesn't "get burned all day long".. He is a worse Trufant. Allows the catch doesn't go for the ball.

bmorepunk

Reaction score
2Cool4School":396wl8e2 said:

Would you be so kind to post a link to the thread you're talking about? I searched through your started threads and all I saw was this:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=112105

In which you said the following:

Hey new here bros. Maxwell was shutdown, why would the hawks get rid of him? Heard he wanted too much money and they didn't want to give it to him or what?

Hawkfan77":396wl8e2 said:
Ok let's get this straight, the Hawks didn't "get rid" of Maxwell. They tried very hard to re-sign him up until the moment he agreed to terms with Philly.

He left because of the amount of money Philly was able to offer opposed to what Seattle could realistically give given the cap.
Now hes on a worse team just with more money in his pocket, dudes should be willing to take a pay cut to stay on better teams. He can enjoy being on the eagles wack secondary

hawknation2015":396wl8e2 said:
So far, Cary Williams hasn't been too much of a drop off. Tharold Simon is now back in practice to battle for that spot. Will Blackmon looked very good when he was healthy. Marcus Burley has looked much improved. Tye Smith played an amazing first game last week.

Then there are two great athletes and developmental prospects in Douglas McNeil and Mohammed Seisay. Yup, some hard decisions are coming at this very deep position group.
What i wanna see is how good those corners do compared to maxwell. Seahawks have good depth in the secondary who knows those guys might be just as good. Hope they arent worse and get burned

mikeak":396wl8e2 said:
Hawkfan77":396wl8e2 said:
Ok let's get this straight, the Hawks didn't "get rid" of Maxwell. They tried very hard to re-sign him up until the moment he agreed to terms with Philly.

He left because of the amount of money Philly was able to offer opposed to what Seattle could realistically give given the cap.
Now hes on a worse team just with more money in his pocket, dudes should be willing to take a pay cut to stay on better teams. He can enjoy being on the eagles wack secondary

For guys that have made $30-$50 million I kind of agree with you - that winning should matter more than the extra money

For players that made relatively lots of amounts and never won - I agree with you. Fire to win it all should be more important

Maxwell never made enough to truly separate him from 99% of the people for the rest of his life AND he had a Super Bowl ring. The contract with the Eagles provided the career earnings that goes nicely with the super bowl ring he already had...

I would have done exactly what he did

Also don't forget - the Eagles is a good team (or at least were last year)
Didnt mean to knock the eagles. i guess it is kind of hard to turn down that big of a contract even that means leaving the LOB.players should care more about winning than money, just look at the crap Kam is pulling right now, no time for that with a season about to start. Kam acting greedy

OP
OP
RussB

RussB

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":zq72s59d said:
2Cool4School":zq72s59d said:

We all knew Williams was a downgrade. So not sure what your point is.

To say we should have kept Maxwell over Graham and Wagner? Even now at 4-5 that's crazy. Maxwell is getting torched on a weekly basis in Philly, so he's not worth the money there, and he's not worth the money here, even if he continued to play well.

Why? Because adding Maxwell and subtracting Graham and Wagner would mean a worse defense AND a worse offense.

So again, what's your point other than bragging about something that wouldn't have made our team better. Congrats?
To be honest. Graham isnt really doing what everyone thought he would,and hasnt done anything luke willson cant do. And maxwell has been good the past couple of weeks after his very shitty start to the season.

Reaction score
Cary isn't as terrible as people make him out to be. With that said Thurmond was out there dirt cheap. Wish we would have went down that road, he was better then Bmax.