Anyone notice how J.J Watt broke his nose??

HawkWow

Reaction score
BlueThunder":2g0x978i said:
HawkWow":2g0x978i said:
"THIS IS MY NOSE"! ~ JJ Watt

I'm pretty sure it came out like "DIS IS BY DOZE"... SNORT....

LOL Good point.

It had to have slowed him considerably as he was likely not getting adequate oxygen. I've been in that situation numerous times and felt everything I tried to do, seemed twice as difficult to do. The constant swallowing of blood is also taxing and nauseating (for me, at least).

I wouldn't blame JJ too much for his demeanor. He had a pretty tough frikin' day and nothing to show for it...except maybe a deviated septum, that is. ; )

SmokinHawk

Reaction score
Seanhawk":qfucr90d said:
SmokinHawk":qfucr90d said:
Seanhawk":qfucr90d said:
Seriously?

Yeah, really. If you look at him with the helmet off, or in the brief postgame interview snippet, his nose was crooked and swollen like hell. Totally not blading there.

Umm, yeah. I meant seriously, did you really think we are suggesting he bladed like a pro wrestler? Is the sarcasm off really needed?

Oh. I thought you were, honestly. Patrick Kerney used to do it when he played for us.

OP
OP
Canhawks

Canhawks

Reaction score
SmokinHawk":2pg6978l said:
Seanhawk":2pg6978l said:
SmokinHawk":2pg6978l said:
Seanhawk":2pg6978l said:
Seriously?

Yeah, really. If you look at him with the helmet off, or in the brief postgame interview snippet, his nose was crooked and swollen like hell. Totally not blading there.

Umm, yeah. I meant seriously, did you really think we are suggesting he bladed like a pro wrestler? Is the sarcasm off really needed?

Oh. I thought you were, honestly. Patrick Kerney used to do it when he played for us.
Do you seriously expect ANYONE to believe this??

BlueThunder

Reaction score
Oh for Christ's sake... This is what happens when WWE fans watch "real" sports... Wow. How 'bout you "he cut himself" guys work on bringing that IQ score up a bit. Sheesh. :34853_doh:

Evil_Shenanigans

Reaction score
SmokinHawk":q8ek03dm said:
Seanhawk":q8ek03dm said:
SmokinHawk":q8ek03dm said:
Seanhawk":q8ek03dm said:
Seriously?

WTF?

NorCalHawk12

Reaction score
BlueThunder":202fkcf3 said:
HawkWow":202fkcf3 said:
"THIS IS MY NOSE"! ~ JJ Watt

I'm pretty sure it came out like "DIS IS BY DOZE"... SNORT....

I'd be willing to bet that when people type "lol" or "I LOLed" or some other expedient texting shortcut, they probably didn't really "laugh out loud" as would be suggested by said shortcut.
But I actually laughed out loud when I read this and then said it out loud and laughed out loud AGAIN....

Go ahead everyone, say it out loud to the people around you and see if someone doesn't laugh...out loud....

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Bad cut on nose, broken nose, who cares. He's the best DE the Hawks will face this season.
Sure wish he was on our team b/c he's awesome good.

RW was lucky today b/c there were a few very close escapes where the results could have been painful. I'm sure Watt thinks RW is very darn slippery tonight and likely wants to watch film to see how he might have got him. I'm glad that game is over the Texans are a good team but our team was just better today. Head to head I'd not want to play those guys again w/o our starters on the OL.

Thought it took our D a long time to figure them out and it wasn't until the 4th Q that they started to get consistent pressure on Scaub. Marshawn was ripping them for solid gains almost all game though and was money when the game was in the balance.

Imagine a healthy OLine, Irvin added along with Hill, then a turbo introduced with Harvin. I'm getting really excited.

Didn't actually think this game would be a W prior to the start of the year. 4-0 is a new team record to start the year, anyone thinking 5-0 now? The Hawks match better with Indie than Houston, Luck will be running for his health next Sunday and the D will be faster still with Irvin.

Hope the team mostly escaped w/o too many injuries as the total is adding up. Glad there is good news on the Bennett front though I expect him to possibly sit for a game now.

It was ugly but beautiful too. A W is a W and that was a nice W even if it was a nail bighter.

This is a special team!

BamKam

Reaction score
JJ Watt would scare the living hell out of me if I was playing QB especially with that horrible banged up O-Line we had today. Just goes to show you how calm and poised RW is. He may not put up the fantasy stats like Manning/Brady/Brees... but he just knows how to win.

JJ Watt is a monster though no way around that, one of my favorite non Seahawks.

TVHAWK

Reaction score
It was clear to me that Wilson Punched him in the nose when they went out of bounds- You know- a "GET OFF ME" moment :0190l:

TVHAWK

Reaction score
It was clear to me that Wilson Punched him in the nose when they went out of bounds- You know- a "GET OFF ME" moment :0190l:

Seanhawk

Reaction score
BlueThunder":20qzlej0 said:
Oh for Christ's sake... This is what happens when WWE fans watch "real" sports... Wow. How 'bout you "he cut himself" guys work on bringing that IQ score up a bit. Sheesh. :34853_doh:

Wow is right. It was a joke. Not my fault some people take everything seriously unless there is a stupid emoticon attached to it so they don't have to think for themselves.

dsquid

Reaction score
He didn't break his nose. Cuts across the bridge of your nose like that typically happen when your helmet rotates forward and the top part (where the facemask joins in) comes down and hits you. To visualize this, imagine a bowl on your head. Now rotate the bowl forward until the forward lip hits your nose.

Hitting the ground or another player can cause the facemask to catch and spin the whole helmet. Because the skin on the face and head is highly vascularized, it bleeds like crazy when cut.

Ask me how I know....lol

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
Hamhawk":j34tw6v3 said:
SmokinHawk":j34tw6v3 said:
Did you guys see the brief postgame interview with Watt? What an intense and imposing character. I have to respect a guy who plays with as much heart as that guy, he really brought it every play of the game.
I would love to have him on our team,....talent and intensity

He's what's missing on our D-line Power+speed+strong at point of attack. We have mostly speed with a couple of stout guys mixed in. That's why we don't pressure opponents nearly as well when away from home.

HawkMeat

Reaction score
dsquid":3ideqs0e said:
He didn't break his nose. Cuts across the bridge of your nose like that typically happen when your helmet rotates forward and the top part (where the facemask joins in) comes down and hits you. To visualize this, imagine a bowl on your head. Now rotate the bowl forward until the forward lip hits your nose.

Hitting the ground or another player can cause the facemask to catch and spin the whole helmet. Because the skin on the face and head is highly vascularized, it bleeds like crazy when cut.

Ask me how I know....lol
:th2thumbs:
Had this happen. It kept getting re-opened for several weeks, and bled like crazy. Would not be surprised to see that happen to watt.

slargent4ever

Reaction score
dsquid":1mwvb816 said:

Ask me how I know....lol

I'm guessing you sell tupperware helmets?

had2bhawk

Reaction score
dsquid":2un8owpn said:

Ask me how I know....lol
:th2thumbs: Exactly! The equipment guy was pumping air into his helmet shortly after. Wearing a loose helmet seems to be the norm nowadays, there always flying off.

ivotuk

Reaction score
HawKnPeppa":qy0wjo4e said:
Hamhawk":qy0wjo4e said:
SmokinHawk":qy0wjo4e said:
Did you guys see the brief postgame interview with Watt? What an intense and imposing character. I have to respect a guy who plays with as much heart as that guy, he really brought it every play of the game.
I would love to have him on our team,....talent and intensity

He's what's missing on our D-line Power+speed+strong at point of attack. We have mostly speed with a couple of stout guys mixed in. That's why we don't pressure opponents nearly as well when away from home.

Houston keeps playing like they do and he will be signing with us soon enough :)

HawkFan72

Reaction score
I don't know how he did it, but that was just nasty.

It didn't matter we were down 3 O-linemen. I would have just gotten out of his way if I saw all that blood spraying at me.

Surprised they let him stay on the field when it was obvious it was not patched up very well.

Latest posts