Anyone want to be the 49ers offensive coordinator?

rlkats

Reaction score
What a comedy of errors. Back to a joke of a team.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Shoot me and put me out of my misery....

Albert Breer ‏@AlbertBreer · 41s41 seconds ago
According to two sources, Geep Chryst is expected to be named 49ers offensive coordinator.

ringless

Reaction score
Marvin49":2eyvu3bv said:
Laloosh":2eyvu3bv said:
Marvin49":2eyvu3bv said:
RolandDeschain":2eyvu3bv said:
Don't take it personally, Marvin; we can't help the fact that it's pretty damned amusing to us.

....and I don't blame you. Not even a little. :D

Hey Marv, look at it this way. Your season ticket prices might go down and you can use the extra cash to fly the family up to Seattle for a real game day experience.

We love ya, bud.

Not likely. LOL.

I'm not throwing in the towel yet either.

I wanted to keep Harbaugh...but that ship has sailed.

I do actually really like Jim Tomsula. His players don't like him, they LOVE him. I keep hearing interview after interview of guys who know him or played for him that absolutely love the guy and swear by him...I just dunno if he's HC material.

I've heard Mike Martz talk about how much he loves him and when asked if he's be an OC for him he said he'd "go get coffee for Jim Tomsula".

Brian Baldinger thinks its a home-run hire and they'll win multiple championships with him (and no...I' don't put much stock in the Brian Baldinger Barrel). He says he's been trying to get Tomsula an interview all over the league for several years.

Jesse Sapolu says his players will run through a wall for him.

Even guys who kinda left badly like him...LaMichael James of all freakin people said it was a great hire and he's not exactly the biggest fan of Trent Baalke.

Any of the guy who played under him with the Rhein Fire swear by him, including his QB over there, Drew Henson.

There are a TON of guys who have come out of the woodwark to applaud the hire...

..but my prob is that I have a lot of trouble seeing his public persona and understanding how fired up they are. I don't think they are all lying, but I don't see it in a HC capacity. There is a ton of stuff from current players (like Vernon tweeting that he texted Tomsula just to say, "I love you coach, can't wait for first practice", but I'm largely trying to ingnore those posts because what are those guys gonna say really?

As a D-Line guy...nobody's better. HC...that's a different thing. Just dunno.

Most recent report is that he's been out on the road all January talking to potential assistants and expects to have a very large staff...like 2 WR coaches, etc. His big deal is teaching. Teaching the players and teaching the coaches who coach the players.

What really matters though is he needs an OC who can take control completely of that side of the ball...and they just keep missing. That was the one job where they needed to hit a home run and right now they will be lucky if they bunt a single.

If anything, the lack of getting a quality OC might be his undoing.

I always find it interesting what players say...... For example,
Karlos Dansby of the Cleveland Browns......... BROWNS...... Said "Without a doubt Manziel can lead the Browns to a Superbowl"

Now everyone knows that is not true. Johnny can't lead them there because he isn't a leader in the first place. There is also the issue of being the Browns...... The similarities are there if you look for them.

Marvin49

Reaction score
ringless":15oi7yfd said:
Marvin49":15oi7yfd said:
Laloosh":15oi7yfd said:
Marvin49":15oi7yfd said:
....and I don't blame you. Not even a little. :D

Hey Marv, look at it this way. Your season ticket prices might go down and you can use the extra cash to fly the family up to Seattle for a real game day experience.

We love ya, bud.

Not likely. LOL.

I'm not throwing in the towel yet either.

I wanted to keep Harbaugh...but that ship has sailed.

I do actually really like Jim Tomsula. His players don't like him, they LOVE him. I keep hearing interview after interview of guys who know him or played for him that absolutely love the guy and swear by him...I just dunno if he's HC material.

I've heard Mike Martz talk about how much he loves him and when asked if he's be an OC for him he said he'd "go get coffee for Jim Tomsula".

Brian Baldinger thinks its a home-run hire and they'll win multiple championships with him (and no...I' don't put much stock in the Brian Baldinger Barrel). He says he's been trying to get Tomsula an interview all over the league for several years.

Jesse Sapolu says his players will run through a wall for him.

Even guys who kinda left badly like him...LaMichael James of all freakin people said it was a great hire and he's not exactly the biggest fan of Trent Baalke.

Any of the guy who played under him with the Rhein Fire swear by him, including his QB over there, Drew Henson.

There are a TON of guys who have come out of the woodwark to applaud the hire...

..but my prob is that I have a lot of trouble seeing his public persona and understanding how fired up they are. I don't think they are all lying, but I don't see it in a HC capacity. There is a ton of stuff from current players (like Vernon tweeting that he texted Tomsula just to say, "I love you coach, can't wait for first practice", but I'm largely trying to ingnore those posts because what are those guys gonna say really?

As a D-Line guy...nobody's better. HC...that's a different thing. Just dunno.

Most recent report is that he's been out on the road all January talking to potential assistants and expects to have a very large staff...like 2 WR coaches, etc. His big deal is teaching. Teaching the players and teaching the coaches who coach the players.

What really matters though is he needs an OC who can take control completely of that side of the ball...and they just keep missing. That was the one job where they needed to hit a home run and right now they will be lucky if they bunt a single.

If anything, the lack of getting a quality OC might be his undoing.

I always find it interesting what players say...... For example,
Karlos Dansby of the Cleveland Browns......... BROWNS...... Said "Without a doubt Manziel can lead the Browns to a Superbowl"

Now everyone knows that is not true. Johnny can't lead them there because he isn't a leader in the first place. There is also the issue of being the Browns...... The similarities are there if you look for them.

Point taken...

...but big different between a vet speaking about a rookie and guys speaking about a coach they've played for.

My concerns are no longer Tomsula. Looks like they will name Geep Chryst OC. Shoot me. Please.

kearly

Reaction score
I feel bad about this. For all the bluster about five rings, lets be real, the 49ers ARE a flagship franchise. The Cardinals have no history, and the Rams history of greatness lasted only about 3 or 4 years. When a team like the Cardinals or Rams end up being good, they seem like an up and comer. When the 49ers are good, the reaction around the league is going to be "they're back!"

Having that kind of team as a super-arch rival (especially with the Harbaugh/Carroll history) was so epic. I feel like we've all been robbed of one of the greatest rivalries in NFL history.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":2l7053wx said:
@AlbertBreer 5m5 minutes ago
According to two sources, Geep Chryst is expected to be named 49ers offensive coordinator.

:snack:

Jeep Chrysler as OC .. fantastic hire Santa Clara.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Scottemojo

Reaction score
One of the best ever comments I have ever read, about this hire, courtesy Jimmy Baugh at NinerNation:
Kind of reminds me
when I lose my wallet, I look for it for an hour around my house and then I reach in my back pocket and its right there. Then I look back at my previously clean house and its completely torn apart. Then I look in my wallet and without explanation there is less money in it.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
So, Niners fans (and owner and GM's daughter!) spent the last year ripping the team's existing offense and regressing QB situation. The owner's response is to promote the incumbent D-line coach and QB coach to fix it?

This is a disaster.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Largent80":1wysvjt1 said:
@Marvin...... You are a mastermind X's and O's guy, why not YOU?
Him or Popeye whom claims to be a former highschool coach of sorts would be great picks IMHO.

pehawk

Reaction score
Scottemojo":34362qd7 said:
It gets worse. pe, the evil turd genius, called this months ago. York is so cheap he is trying to save money on coaches.

http://www.bayareasportsguy.com/jas...p-jim-tomsula-jed-york-denise-debartolo-york/

San Francisco is not the place to go to make money.

Marvin and Popeye, are you going to correct Scott? You've both have been telling me I was wrong about York being a miserly lad. Theres no way that I educated you, about your team, yet again.

No way...it can't be....

pehawk

Reaction score
Popeye/Marvin

So, a good friend of mine explained that the search function on this site only goes back 2 years (or 3, or 4, or...well...you get it). And, that's a good thing for you because if the search function did go back further you'd see the following from me:

1) 2010 ..Harbaugh's a great hire...but he'll eventually wear out his welcome...and maybe burnout ala Woody Hayes
2) 2010 ...Uh oh...Scot the drunk left SF...
3) 2011...Because Scott the drunk left your drafts will now suck
4) 2012....Kaep's a gimmick, Don Majikowski, with the easiest gig in the NFL
5) 2013....York is still a terrible owner, as are all NFCW owners not named Paul, he's cheap
6 ) 2014...time to get rid of Harbaugh now that the stadium is built don't need to win for revenue

Yes I'm gloating. Yes to be a dick. Yes, because it's the 49ers. It feels good.

Marvin49

Reaction score
pehawk":24ve9pn8 said:
Popeye/Marvin

So, a good friend of mine explained that the search function on this site only goes back 2 years (or 3, or 4, or...well...you get it). And, that's a good thing for you because if the search function did go back further you'd see the following from me:

1) 2010 ..Harbaugh's a great hire...but he'll eventually wear out his welcome...and maybe burnout ala Woody Hayes
2) 2010 ...Uh oh...Scot the drunk left SF...
3) 2011...Because Scott the drunk left your drafts will now suck
4) 2012....Kaep's a gimmick, Don Majikowski, with the easiest gig in the NFL
5) 2013....York is still a terrible owner, as are all NFCW owners not named Paul, he's cheap
6 ) 2014...time to get rid of Harbaugh now that the stadium is built don't need to win for revenue

Yes I'm gloating. Yes to be a dick. Yes, because it's the 49ers. It feels good.

What...ya wanna cookie?

BTW, Harbaugh was hired in 2011. He never worked with Scot.

Marvin49

Reaction score
pehawk":6apyax6w said:
Scottemojo":6apyax6w said:
It gets worse. pe, the evil turd genius, called this months ago. York is so cheap he is trying to save money on coaches.

http://www.bayareasportsguy.com/jas...p-jim-tomsula-jed-york-denise-debartolo-york/

San Francisco is not the place to go to make money.

Marvin and Popeye, are you going to correct Scott? You've both have been telling me I was wrong about York being a miserly lad. Theres no way that I educated you, about your team, yet again.

No way...it can't be....

To be honest, I think this all has more to do with the perception that York screwed over Harbaugh than about penny pinching, but really not interested in arguing about it.

Latest posts