Anyone watch Brendan Nelson on YouTube?

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
He's pretty detailed, but a little dry. I've seen his reviews once or twice in the past, but my ADD kicks in pretty fast and I end up not watching the entire video. But that's mostly my issue, not his.

cymatica

Reaction score
Yeah I subbed him a while back. He actually does some digging and analyzes the data, which is more than you can say for a lot of the guys who get paid on tv

James in PA

Reaction score
Brendan and Brandon sometimes do shows together. I prefer Brandon. I find Brendan to be a bit of a downer. I don't need a total homer, but man does he tend to focus on the negative, IMO.

morgulon1

Reaction score
I don't watch him. His takes seem emotionally based to me personally.
He seems like a nice guy . I used to watch that guy from New Jersey, the Eagle fan
but he thought he could talk shit to me. I zapped his silly ass.

I really don't watch any Seahawks YouTuber, I spend too much time on .net as it is.
Does some kid in his Mom's apartment really know what the Seahawks are trying to do on a given play? Really? Or who's hurt, who's benched, why etc..

It's all speculation. There's a reason we don't know what is going on, it's the the same reason the Rams don't know and vice versa.

Dvl Dug

Reaction score
Toffee - Glad you asked!

Regarding Brandon Nelson, he sounds like a normal good guy who is trying to make a career out of a subject that he is passionate about, and more power to him for that.

Changing the subject a bit, would you be interested in taking over the "Offensive Line - 2023" thread week-to-week?

OP
OP
toffee

toffee

Reaction score
Toffee - Glad you asked!

Regarding Brandon Nelson, he sounds like a normal good guy who is trying to make a career out of a subject that he is passionate about, and more power to him for that.

Changing the subject a bit, would you be interested in taking over the "Offensive Line - 2023" thread week-to-week?
Thanks for asking, but I don't know enough football to do anything indepth.

Dvl Dug

Reaction score
You just started.
True, but I'm not giving up on the site either.

It's just that I have fully recovered from 16 injuries suffered back in April of this year (5 of those were to my rib cage). Now I have an offer letter from a company wanting me to go to work for them full time. Financial priorities...

Just saying, I invested a lot of research time into that Offensive Line thread, and I don't see myself being able to maintain the same level of quality until after I learn the new job. That could take months.

I'm as convinced as ever, that a team's best chances of winning starts with the O-line, and it will always be my key point of interest. Someone like toffee or yourself would be really good at continuing it. That's my humble opinion.

Looks like toffee turned it down. (bummer)

Last edited:

BASF

Reaction score

It's just that I have fully recovered from 16 injuries suffered back in April of this year (5 of those were to my rib cage). Now I have an offer letter from a company wanting me to go to work for them full time. Financial priorities...

Just saying, I invested a lot of research time into that Offensive Line thread, and I don't see myself being able to maintain the same level of quality until after I learn the new job. That could take months.

I'm as convinced as ever, that a team's best chances of winning starts with the O-line, and it will always be my key point of interest. Someone like toffee or yourself would be really good at continuing it. That's my humble opinion.

Look like toffee turned it down. (bummer)
Glad you recovered and congrats on the opportunity.

Dvl Dug

Reaction score
BASF - Thanks brother!

I've done the Offensive Line thread on other sites for maybe these last fifteen years (?). It would kind of be nice to see a fresh new angle on it, but if nobody steps up and says they would like to do it, then I'll try to continue it one day a week.

Last edited:

Polk738

Reaction score
IMO Matty F. Brown and Griff from the Seahawks Overload Podcast are probably the best I have come across, these guys KNOW football at a very elite level from coverages, schemes, alignments-if I didn't know better you'd swear they were coaches on the team, if you enjoy football from an X's and O's standpoint you will love these guys's video breakdowns

OP
OP
toffee

toffee

Reaction score

Looks like toffee turned it down. (bummer)
@keasley45 , @Maelstrom787 , @Fade weekly OL review?

Dvl Dug

Reaction score
Yep.

Typically I do my research every day, but I don't utilize pay sites like PFF, just the free one's.
I just gather what information I can gleam about our offensive line & the health of the players involved.
Seems like we have a good enough track record on this team's linemen already.

Sites that I use:
  • Seahawks Home page - Mainly for the injury updates.
  • My Northwest dot com - I often disagree with them.
  • CBS NFL - Really good source for draftees over the years.
  • ESPN - Well, they are better at statistics than the Hawk's Official site is.
  • Spotrac - Good source for finances, and player career statistics.
  • Pro-Football-Reference dot com - Usually pretty good, but I am disappointed in them this year.
  • NFL Draft Tracker - Kind of like a video game, but it does seem to weigh out logically too.
  • Duck Duck Go - I avoid the use of Google.

Sometimes I'll add an important update that I came across mid week, but usually I am just stockpiling information that I can use to build a more complete essay closer to game day. My life has scheduling changes too. Thus I react accordingly.

Dvl Dug

Reaction score
If you would like the exact links to any of those sites mentioned, let me know, and I'll shoot off to ya!

OLYhawks

Reaction score
I don't like him. Actually unsubscribed from his channel and don't watch The Hawks Nest when he's on there. He has this "know it all" attitude that really rubs me the wrong way.

QWERTY

Reaction score
I don't like him. Actually unsubscribed from his channel and don't watch The Hawks Nest when he's on there. He has this "know it all" attitude that really rubs me the wrong way.

You realize that these social media influencers has the mentality to "know it all" because they need more subs and more views to get more money?