Anyone watch Brendan Nelson on YouTube?

OLYhawks

Reaction score
You realize that these social media influencers has the mentality to "know it all" because they need more subs and more views to get more money?
He's an influencer?! Who the heck is he influencing lol I also don't believe that's how it works, but, my opinion.

OP
OP
toffee

toffee

Reaction score
He was quite full of himself but has gotten somewhat better, he did talk as if he managed a few nfl franchise and led those to Superbowls.

But I still think that he worked the hardest in putting data together. I like that part of it.

LTH

Reaction score
He was quite full of himself but has gotten somewhat better, he did talk as if he managed a few nfl franchise and led those to Superbowls.

But I still think that he worked the hardest in putting data together. I like that part of it.
I watch him in the morning sometimes when I drink my morning coffee... mostly after a loss because my wife and I like to laugh at his "the world is ending drama." the Rams game was an EPIC Brendon Nelson complete and total melt down...LMAO!!! But I do like that he watches the stats of what the rooks are doing and stuff like who is getting pressures and who isnt...

LTH

Mick063

Reaction score
I give him credit for the amount of time and effort that he obviously puts in. He is definitely invested in the team. On the other hand, I find myself disagreeing with him much too often. His arguments tend to weigh in favor of idealism as opposed to realism. Not saying he can't be realistic because he often is. He just tries to impose his idealistic vision for the team a bit too much. It is as if he perceives his own vision for the team to be better than JS and PC. As an example, he really tries to portray himself as a one-man scouting combine prior to the draft. No one, that doesn't physically travel to observe prospects, can know what he authoritatively projects to know. I could see it with a handful of players, but not at the broad scope that he attempts to portray. He will then take that self-perceived encyclopedic knowledge and grade the draft as if he was more informed than the entire Seahawk scouting department. That is just an example off of the top of my head.

Last edited:
OP
OP
toffee

toffee

Reaction score
Would anyone happened to know his background? Did he play highschool ball etc

suppaball

Reaction score
I like him, I think sometimes, like after week one, is a bit negative. Other than that is pretty spot on.

Northhawk

Reaction score
I think both Brendan and Brandon are great. They have different strengths and I listen/watch their individual pods and when they work together.

Brendan is more of a analytics guys and Brandon is more Xs and Os.

I find other podcasts more entertainment orientated and gimmicky although Brandon sometimes goes down that route and its a bit cringeworthy. Still, I find them refreshing.

morgulon1

Reaction score
A
I give credit him for the amount of time and effort he obviously puts in. He is definitely invested in the team. On the other hand, I find myself disagreeing with him much too often. His arguments tend to weigh in favor of idealism as opposed to realism. Not saying he can't be realistic because he often is. He just tries to impose his idealistic vision for the team a bit too much. It is as if he perceives his own vision for the team to be better than JS and PC. As an example, he really tries to portray himself as a one-man scouting combine prior to the draft. No one, that doesn't physically travel to observe prospects, can know what he authoritatively projects to know. I could see it with a handful of players, but not at the broad scope that he attempts to portray. He will then take that self-perceived encyclopedic knowledge and grade the draft as if he was more informed than the entire Seahawk scouting department. That is just an example off of the top of my head.
Agreed.

I really don't think he brings anything that anyone else wouldn't have access to. And you hit on what bothered me about his podcasts. He'll speak as if he was sitting in Pete's office regarding personnel, the plays they should've or shouldn't have run. Oh , he's a coordinator now. And yes , when they lose they're the sorriest team ever assembled and should be demoted to the arena league.

I guess that sounds like us 😅

I just don't have the time or attention to sit through one of his programs , sometimes they last for 3 hours.

QWERTY

Reaction score
He's an influencer?! Who the heck is he influencing lol I also don't believe that's how it works, but, my opinion.

Do you know what an influencer is?

He posts Seahawk news, Seahawk trade rumors, any Seahawk news on his channel.

Lagartixa

Reaction score
YouTube recommended some of his videos to me (almost certainly because of other Seahawks-related content I've watched), and I've watched about one and a half of his videos. As far as I can tell, he's no better informed than I am, and even when I watch at double speed, he manages to drag the presentation of a small amount of information out for many times as long as it would take for me to glean the same information elsewhere.

He's certainly nowhere near the worst, but I didn't find enough value in his videos to ever want to watch another.

JerHawk81

Reaction score
I enjoy him.

He's prolific, Seattle focused, and data driven. His weekly shows are on relevant topics and follow some neat trends. I'll watch and enjoy a few of his shows a week. I prefer him to most mainstream media outlets.

With that said, I also agree with the limitations highlighted by others and I get that he's not everyone's cup of tea.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
I’ve watched Brenden, meh. I appreciate his efforts but he tends to ramble on too much and I get bored.

I prefer Locked on Seahawks podcast, KJ all Day and Richard Sherman’s podcast.