Apparently the league reviewed the non-PI

hoxrox

Reaction score
Conspiracy vs referee incompetence. It's not that black and white. Both could be true to some extent.

You guys got a brand new stadium fairly recently. It's not a good look for the NFL if that shiny new stadium is as empty as it's been since being built.

This year, your team is good, so the fans showed up. You can bet your bottom dollar that the NFL wants more Niner jerseys, merchandise and tickets sold. You are this year's "darlings"

Similar thing happened with the Rams. That lucrative LA market... except Rams couldn't get it done at the end.

NFL steering might not be blatant or obvious, but it's real. It's not about legacy vs non legacy teams. It's about market building.

$$ ya dig?

Northwest Seahawk

Reaction score
Marvin49":1wptvvgq said:
Hawkpower":1wptvvgq said:
Marvin, only Niner fans are downplaying the non call.

Nearly every neutral observer has called it out.

You are wrong here. We don’t blame you. We would be doing the same thing.

The refs blew the call. More incompetence. We all see it every week.

Take the gift and move on.

I hear you. I disagree on the call, but that ain't no biggy. Just is what it is.

It's the conspiracy "the NFL doesn't want us to win" BS that I object to.

Dude that was PI every day all day 100 percent the end. It was a gross non call and Seattle should have been 1st and goal at the 1yrd line by rule. You don't like it get the hell out of here.

Marvin49

Reaction score
hoxrox":3b43qofp said:
Conspiracy vs referee incompetence. It's not that black and white. Both could be true to some extent.

You guys got a brand new stadium fairly recently. It's not a good look for the NFL if that shiny new stadium is as empty as it's been since being built.

This year, your team is good, so the fans showed up. You can bet your bottom dollar that the NFL wants more Niner jerseys, merchandise and tickets sold. You are this year's "darlings"

Similar thing happened with the Rams. That lucrative LA market... except Rams couldn't get it done at the end.

NFL steering might not be blatant or obvious, but it's real. It's not about legacy vs non legacy teams. It's about market building.

$$ ya dig?

Oh, I understand the theory, but its total BS. The Niners became a "legacy" team when they started WINNING. Before the 80's they certainly were not a "legacy" team.

The Seahawks have been a contender for a LONG time now. It's time to stop considering yourselves as an underdog.

Did the Niners get the benefit of a "Legacy" team when they got a 15 yard penalty to give the ball back to Seattle? Were they getting the "Legacy" team call when they got a PI to extend the drive on third down vs Williams on the previous Seattle drive? Did they get a "Legacy" call when Seattle got the Delay of Game?

Come on man.

It requires the complete suspension of every other call in the game to target that ONE PLAY and play victim of a conspiracy theory.

We can argue good call-bad call all day. That's fine. Seattle not getting a call because Niners are a "Legacy" team? Please. You guys aren't the red headed step child. You are a perennial winner with a Lombardi and a HOF QB.

Legacy vs Market Building? Niners don't need help Market building. They are in the 4th largest Market in the US and the other team in the area just moved to Vegas. They have sold out every game at Levis. They may or may not show up when the team was bad but the tickets are sold and would be sold whether this game was won or lost.

That doesn't hold water either.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Northwest Seahawk":1bak1hm0 said:
Marvin49":1bak1hm0 said:
Hawkpower":1bak1hm0 said:
Marvin, only Niner fans are downplaying the non call.

Nearly every neutral observer has called it out.

You are wrong here. We don’t blame you. We would be doing the same thing.

The refs blew the call. More incompetence. We all see it every week.

Take the gift and move on.

I hear you. I disagree on the call, but that ain't no biggy. Just is what it is.

It's the conspiracy "the NFL doesn't want us to win" BS that I object to.

Dude that was PI every day all day 100 percent the end. It was a gross non call and Seattle should have been 1st and goal at the 1yrd line by rule. You don't like it get the hell out of here.

...and again...not the point I'm arguing.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":3az9272c said:
Umm yeah, BS cover up by Riveron cause he knows the entire country was barking for the review.

Just puts a nail in the coffin for this terrible new rule. It was implemented because the Saints cried, and the league and refs from day one had ZERO intention of ever implementing and enforcing the rule correctly.

It won't be here next year, guaranteed.
100% agree. It was also implemented to placate all fans who were outraged with the non-call. By week 5 it was obvious it was a lip service situation. It will indeed be gone next year.
However, with the proliferation of legalized gambling, the sky judge will happen cuz gamblers have to know everything is on the up and up and there aren't legacy teams and favoritism. They stand to make a mint off legalized gambling so it's in their best interest to make sure officiating is as close to fair as possible.

Marvin49

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":3cls11n7 said:
Sgt. Largent":3cls11n7 said:
Umm yeah, BS cover up by Riveron cause he knows the entire country was barking for the review.

Just puts a nail in the coffin for this terrible new rule. It was implemented because the Saints cried, and the league and refs from day one had ZERO intention of ever implementing and enforcing the rule correctly.

It won't be here next year, guaranteed.
100% agree

While I disagree on the call, I 100% agree that the rule is a goner next year.

The whole point was to eliminate the complaints about non-calls and all its done is create complaints about non-reversed calls and non-reviews. Its just made the situation worse.

chris98251

Reaction score
We lost the Division crown, well damn, just have to make up for it winning the Conference Crown then won't we !!!