Are lions a threat?

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Looking forward to seeing Taint get lit up over the middle. Should be a good game until the 4th quarter when the Hawks pull away.

hawker84

Reaction score
We can't stop the run with any consistancy, we've faced one quality back and horrible offensive lines all year so far and we still can't stop the run. Don't even get me started on our offense. This game is no gimme by any means. Pete better have them ready to come out firing on all cylinders or its going to be a long day. JMO.... Stafford is no Rogers by any means. But he does have weapons, and they can move the ball.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
It's on MNF. We'll be fine.

The LOB will be looking to dominate the Lions' passing game... making a statement that they are back.

Expect to see Stafford on his backside multiple times.

Hawks46

Reaction score
I see this as a progression.

We started off with two really tough road games. Outside of Cincy, those are our toughest games.

Then we get CHI to work out the issues that have cropped up.

Now we get DET, a better team with more talent but a lot of flaws. We'll have to refine the stuff that needs work, but it shouldn't be that hard, at home, in a night game. DET players should fade badly in the second half due to circadian rhythm being off.

Skookum

Reaction score
No win is ever guaranteed, but let's be real. This is a home game, and considering the way that the Lions handled the Broncos last night, we should be fine.

LoneHawkFan

Reaction score
kearly":34makhr0 said:
Denver is a lot like Seattle right now. Fantastic pass defense, good run D, but struggling to click on offense thanks to a crummy OL and a passing game that isn't clicking on all cylinders.

And that Denver team just walked all over the Lions in their own stadium. The few fans that stuck around til the end were booing the home team in the final minutes.

I'll never guarantee a win, but this is one of the bigger 'should win' games of the season.

:th2thumbs:

As nothing is guaranteed in this league, we definitely have to be prepared to defend the aerial attack. That means a high level of intimidation early from the safeties, a great, consistent pass rush, and minimal mistakes. Detroit has the personnel to play the dink and dunk, as well as both the mid-range and downfield game. They can beat you with the TE, the X, Y, and the Z; the bubble screen, the RB screen, the seam, the quick slants and curls, and the deeps.

This should be a great test for Richard.

canfan

Reaction score
ringless":2dkx55au said:
Matthew Stafford. Some interesting stats:

3-33 Vs teams with a winning record
0-18 Against teams with a winning record on the road.

That's cool. Unfortunately the seahawks are one of those 3 victories!

Scottemojo

Reaction score
I expect a redux on the gameplan they used to beat the Hawks last time. Stafford with a lot of short passing.

They look a little suspect in pass rush. Of course, Seattle is suspect in pass pro, so that may not matter.

That Lions team is so much worse than the sum of it's parts. Stafford, Johnson, Abdullah, Tate, Ebron...They should be a top 5 offense.

bandiger

Reaction score
Well they have Ebron, Tate, Megatron and a duo of shifty RBs, it will be a decent test for the defense for sure. I'm not gonna discount any team since the offense is so vanilla and conservative for half a game.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Yes the Lions are a threat, especially after losing last night.

We're going to see a VERY motivated team come in here with a ton of offensive weapons and a pretty solid defense.

Stafford's not Rodgers, but he can make the throws that drive us crazy.

Greenhell

Reaction score
Scottemojo":1tylo0tr said:
I expect a redux on the gameplan they used to beat the Hawks last time. Stafford with a lot of short passing.

They look a little suspect in pass rush. Of course, Seattle is suspect in pass pro, so that may not matter.

That Lions team is so much worse than the sum of it's parts. Stafford, Johnson, Abdullah, Tate, Ebron...They should be a top 5 offense.

I was gonna say the same thing. They gave us fits all game with that dink and dunk last time. Our D was running all over the field like chickens without their heads. Always a step short or an arm length away from deflecting a pass or wrapping up a tackle.

I hope we can remedy the D from the get go.

MysterMatt

Reaction score
They have playmakers, so they are definitely a threat. That said, I think we'll see a game similar to yesterday that in the end we'll have worn them down by the 4th quarter.

byau

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":wdtu1a4f said:
Yeah, any team that has Megatron and Tate are a threat.

Agreed. Especially since it seems that LOB has not quite found their way yet. Seems both ETIII and Sherm are both a bit off.

Could be a long day