Are lions a threat?

DavidSeven

Reaction score
I'll be interested to see where they lineup Calvin and Tate.

Do they sacrifice Tate to Sherman and hope Calvin can put up enough offense by himself? If Calvin slides inside, it probably makes sense for Sherman to follow. They could get Tate matched up on Williams/Shead/Simon all night if they wanted. That's a matchup I could see determining the outcome of the game.

At least they don't got a Titus Young equivalent to burn us from the slot all game long like last time.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Our offense scored as many TDs as the blown-out-by-40-points 49ers offense did this weekend. So, yeah, the Lions are a threat.

Regardless, I'm optimistic and GO HAWKS! (I'm also realistic.)

Hawkpower

Reaction score
kearly":27m9gfoq said:
After opening up the season with a 21-3 lead at San Diego, the Lions have been outscored since then 80 to 35. Their defense stinks, their run game stinks, and their passing game is still working things out while Stafford plays through injury.

I don't think their first three games have been that tough either. San Diego and Minnesota are 'meh' teams. Denver is perhaps the least convincing 3-0 team in the league. The Lions look like they are headed for a 4 win season.

It's in Seattle. It's a night game. If anything, the Vegas line should be larger.

I agree we should be favored.

But the Rams are a "meh" team and we lost there.

San Diego was fairly "meh" last year and we got cooked there.

Winning on the road in the NFL is not easy, and both of those games (Chargers/Vikings) were on the road for Detroit. In fact, we may be sitting at 0-3 had we played their schedule. Its possible.

Didnt they have one of the top two defenses in the league last year? DId their personnel change?

I just don't think Detroit is 0-3 bad, just like we arent 1-2 bad, thats all.

Milehighhawk

Reaction score
ZagHawk":45qlvwxk said:
Don't be surprised if Tate reminds us all why the Hawks should have paid him. The fans have not been nice to him since he left, so expect any big play on his end to be followed with the things we all used to love about him but now will want to see him destroyed for.

I would be surprised if Tate did anything. He has been invisible all year. Think about how our offense has struggled and realize that Tate has worse stats than our top two receivers thus far.

2_0_6

Reaction score
Stafford's inability to move his feet in the pocket is the main reason why I think the hawks will have good success shutting the Lions offense down. If you put Stafford under center for the Packers when we played them in week 2, we have 8+ sacks.

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
kearly":hofkc7ew said:
After opening up the season with a 21-3 lead at San Diego, the Lions have been outscored since then 80 to 35. Their defense stinks, their run game stinks, and their passing game is still working things out while Stafford plays through injury.

I don't think their first three games have been that tough either. San Diego and Minnesota are 'meh' teams. Denver is perhaps the least convincing 3-0 team in the league. The Lions look like they are headed for a 4 win season.

It's in Seattle. It's a night game. If anything, the Vegas line should be larger.

I wouldnt say the Vikings are a meh tea

Outside of that horrendous start time against the 49ers with really no gametape and just really sloppy play they have played really well

AP is leading the league in rushing and they have shut down both the Chargers and Lions offense

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
WilsonMVP":29fz2vtc said:
kearly":29fz2vtc said:

I wouldnt say the Vikings are a meh tea

Outside of that horrendous start time against the 49ers with really no gametape and just really sloppy play they have played really well

AP is leading the league in rushing and they have shut down both the Chargers and Lions offense

I agree. Outside of their opening game, the Vikings have looked much-improved from last season...so far.

uncle fester

Reaction score
I am normally quietly optimistic. Whilst I applaud the optimism held by some here (and I really do!) I don't understand the basis for it this week.

The Seahawks offense has managed 4 passing TDs - and is yet to record a rushing TD - in three games. Stafford, for all his woes, still has Calvin Johnson to throw to. The last time the Hawks met Detroit, Johnson played injured, Detroit had no run game, the LoB were at full strength and the Lions won.

This will not be easy.

aredub

Reaction score
Any NFL team is a threat. I don't like to take games lightly or to over look teams. I think it will be closer than we want it to be but we still win. Hoping for a fast start...

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Any NFL team has the ability to be a threat, will the Lions be one on Monday night, maybe but I doubt it.

SomersetHawk

Reaction score
uncle fester":2825s2bv said:
I am normally quietly optimistic. Whilst I applaud the optimism held by some here (and I really do!) I don't understand the basis for it this week.

The Seahawks offense has managed 4 passing TDs - and is yet to record a rushing TD - in three games. Stafford, for all his woes, still has Calvin Johnson to throw to. The last time the Hawks met Detroit, Johnson played injured, Detroit had no run game, the LoB were at full strength and the Lions won.

This will not be easy.

This was in Detroit, at 10am, Stafford had an all-world day, Titus Young was sober. It was 3 seasons ago. Lions D looks yucky.

Seahawks 34
Lions 20

hawk45

Reaction score
Any team is a threat vs. the Seahawks if we wait to play offense until the second half. The only comfortable wins I can see are ones where the D scores and/or special teams. Even if we win the turnover margin generally the offense turns that into 3 at best, so even that isn't enough anymore as a guarantor of comfortable victory.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
Their receiving corps is dangerous. One of the best receivers all-time in Calvin Johnson . . . we know all about Golden Tate and how much he will want to show up in this game . . . and Lance Moore is the kind of slot receiver who tends to be more of an irritant for us than a threat.

The dropoff in their rushing attack has been interesting. Larry Warford is one of the better run blockers in the game; he could give Jordan Hill and Aytaba Rubin some problems.

I hope we establish the run early in this game with more snaps under center, mixing in play action passes. I would like to see Fred Jackson get some more opportunities as a rusher and receiver.

Latest posts