Are lions a threat?

xgeoff

Reaction score
chris98251":3d4tivpg said:
I take no team for granted, they have weapons, we always seem to make these types of teams look good and have to claw our way back many times. Tampa, is still vivid in my memory, the Arizona game where we lost and got 4 turnovers I think it was.

Exactly, we take these teams for granted at our own peril. It was 3-0 at halftime against the worst team in the league (playing with their backup QB). My belief is that if the O-line makes progress, we can beat anyone. If they don't, we can lose to just about anyone, and Detroit has many weapons.

Luckily, their O-line actually does look worse than ours.

Cartire

Reaction score
Primetime @ the Clink. Does it matter the team?

Vesuve

Reaction score
SantaClaraHawk":2f1bguv6 said:
In den game, no. But they have a history of coming up against great teams and getting the w.
I would guess they have no chance but does anyone see weak points

Two words for the Seahawks:

At Home.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
The Lions are crap. Kind of a weird position for the Hawks to be in, as when looking at the remaining first half of the season, kinda like the Bears game, they've got three of their next five for which anything less than a blowout is an underperformance (Lions, 9ers, and Cowboys sans Romo and Bryant).

JAGHAWK

Reaction score
As far as I'm concerned, everyone is a possible threat.

Except Colin Kaepernick.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
Stafford is on the downslope of his career and so is Megatron. (The two are probably linked). Maybe Stafford comes out on fire but I wouldn't bank on it.

Will still be an ugly game though.

marko358

Reaction score
Stafford doesn't strike me as the type that could go into a hostile environment and lead his team to a difficult win.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
To be fair to the Lions, their early season schedule has been, and continues to be brutal. They end with the Saints, niners and Bears. Had they opened with those three, they would be 3-0 and we would be very nervous.

They may be 0-3, but they are still a good football team.

ZagHawk

Reaction score
Don't be surprised if Tate reminds us all why the Hawks should have paid him. The fans have not been nice to him since he left, so expect any big play on his end to be followed with the things we all used to love about him but now will want to see him destroyed for.

Threedee

Reaction score
If they play like the past few weeks, they will continue to play very low IQ football (Lions are a woefully undisciplined team), Stafford will get picked multiple times, Abdullah will fumble at least once, and in the 4th Quarter, they will completely abandon the run game in a one dimensional attempt to get within striking distance.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
ZagHawk":18txn759 said:
Don't be surprised if Tate reminds us all why the Hawks should have paid him. The fans have not been nice to him since he left, so expect any big play on his end to be followed with the things we all used to love about him but now will want to see him destroyed for.

Yeah Tate could have a big game, especially if he drops inside to the slot and abuses our nickel and dime DB's.

Having Kam back certainly eases my concern over our defensive back end. Not that Jimmy Clausen is a good gauge, but you could tell right away our DB's communication and positioning was 100% better with Kam back.

No wide open receivers or guys looking at each other after a big play giving the "I thought you had him" look.

kearly

Reaction score
After opening up the season with a 21-3 lead at San Diego, the Lions have been outscored since then 80 to 35. Their defense stinks, their run game stinks, and their passing game is still working things out while Stafford plays through injury.

I don't think their first three games have been that tough either. San Diego and Minnesota are 'meh' teams. Denver is perhaps the least convincing 3-0 team in the league. The Lions look like they are headed for a 4 win season.

It's in Seattle. It's a night game. If anything, the Vegas line should be larger.

Latest posts