Are the Rams a playoff team?

RedAlice

Reaction score
rideaducati":1bhk88u7 said:
Ramfan128":1bhk88u7 said:
These have been the best times in Seahawk history, of course we are going to mention these times. The Seahawks rarely played the rams prior to realignment, so there isn't much to go on before that.

A lot of us remember the Seahawks prior to 2003. The constant middle of the pack team that was fun to watch. The underdog...always the underdog.

Getting upset and calling someone out because they didn't happen to mention the bad times in their post is rather silly. Especially when comparing current NFC West teams. The Seahawks and the rams played seven times between 1976 and 2001...hardly a rivalry over the first 25 years of Seahawk existence. They have played 29 times in the 15 years since realignment.

Long time Seahawk fans like myself are living in the present because the present is the best time ever to be a Seahawk fan...although the past wasn't nearly as bad as the past of every other NFC West team. The Seahawks haven't finished last in the NFC West...ever. Prior to realignment, the Seahawks only finished last in their division 7 times and have NEVER had the first overall pick in the draft.

The Seahawks history isn't as bad as you might want it to be. They have never been the perennial door mats like each of the other NFC West teams have been at one time or another.

Maybe it is you that is actually aflicted with a short memory.

I'm not sure if I've ever discussed the subject with you on this board, but this is a statement I kind of take issue with. Some arguments with Seahawk fans spiral downward into history lessons - but if I pointed out how much better the Rams are historically than the Seahawks in certain categories, I get "Well the Rams have been around a lot longer" - wouldn't it also stand to reason that because we've been around longer, we've experienced more ebb and flow than the Seahawks? Will the Seahawks be consistent bottom dwellers sometime in the next 30 years? I'd say so.

And they may not have been as bad as some remember, but they were never super bowl contenders before 2005. That's 30 years of really not having a shot at winning the super bowl - sounds like they could have used the number 1 pick at some point in there.

I'm sure there are "historical" categories that the rams appear to be better...besides having many many more years to accumulate those "better" stats, I can't think of even one off hand. Overall record? Nope. Win percentage? Nope. Super Bowl wins? Nope. Super Bowl appearances? Nope.

I'm sure you could go back further than the Super Bowl era, but nobody would care. You'd probably be even more depressed at being a rams fan than you already must be.

You're the one saying we Seahawk fans have such short memories... I don't get where our collective memories could have possibly been as bad as ram fan memories. Especially you "old time" fans who watched their team leave Cleveland.... and Los Angeles.... and St. Louis... Great memories I bet. Has there ever been a GOOD team relocated? People support winners...the rams don't win, they move.

Nice attack there. I'm not at all depressed being a Rams fan. Historically were still up there is playoff appearances, super bowl appearances, NFL records (both team and individual), and total hall of famers.

Nice etiquette though...don't think I did anything wrong in my previous post but then get attacked - that is what Seahawk fans are becoming known for unfortunately - thought it was the newer fans but you've apparently been a fan for a long time. Pretty disappointing.

Just so you know, I was laughing and being a smart arse. Never take my posts seriously. I enjoy instigating things with opposing fan bases.[/quote]

---

Exactly why I am now responding to you. I had decided to ignore you last season, but now I find you funny and entertaining.

RedAlice

Reaction score
Ramfan128":16wn1tif said:
Popeyejones":16wn1tif said:
:lol: Exactly.

Seriously, through the mid 2ks Rams, Cards, and 9ers fans were way too busy hating their own teams to develop any hatred for the Hawks. ;)

The St. Louis fans never had a hatred of the Niners....just the Seahawks. It was another point I would bring up for why we needed to return to LA. The Niners/Rams, for as typically one sided as it's been (Rams up to the 80s, then Niners up to now), is the longest running rivalry that is actually close in the W/L column. For the St. Louis fans to actually have more of a dislike of the Seahawks than Niners is heresy. But - the majority of Rams fans in the world existed outside of St. Louis. So I think the rivalry was still maintained - a lot of fans from LA remained fans after the team left.

Now, I'm only 30. A LOT of the memories from this rivalry have been given to me by my Dad (I was 10 when we moved to St. Louis, so not a lot of early LA Ram memories for me). But my dad has been a Rams fan since the 60s....and I will never forget the look on his face when we ended the Niners streak of 17 wins in a row....42-20 in St. Louis....1999.

I wouldn't be surprised if that was the happiest day of his life.

:179417: :179417: :179417:

I'm so happy to hang out w Rams fans who hate the Niners. It's all as it's supposed to be once again.

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
On the plus side a seven-win season for the Rams will be seven times better than the 49ers in 2016.

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
Maulbert":3cs1ggi7 said:
theENGLISHseahawk":3cs1ggi7 said:
On the plus side a seven-win season for the Rams will be seven times better than the 49ers in 2016.

You expect the Niners to win a game?

Week 16 vs the Rams

Classic Jeff Fisher.

chris98251

Reaction score
Ahh the days of John Brodie and Gene Washington and Roman Gabriel and Jack Snow, They really hated each other back then, the teams and the fans.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
chris98251":2qb8qqmb said:
Ahh the days of John Brodie and Gene Washington and Roman Gabriel and Jack Snow, They really hated each other back then, the teams and the fans.
I'm not anywhere near that old but remember Vince Faragomo. and how he ruined the 49ers dream of world domination also the DE that played the Superbowl on a broken leg that was for real broken and Fred Dryer.

chris98251

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":764j4gxk said:
chris98251":764j4gxk said:
I'm not anywhere near that old but remember Vince Faragomo. and how he ruined the 49ers dream of world domination also the DE that played the Superbowl on a broken leg that was for real broken and Fred Dryer.

I'm a low mileage classic, don't confuse mileage and age :)

Hawks46

Reaction score
Next year ? No.

Even if Goff does well, he's a rookie QB with limited talent on the outside and this is still the toughest division because of the two teams at the top.

Rambitious

Reaction score
I say NO they're not.

They are not a playoff team until they are.

Meaning, until they actually make the playoffs, - no they are not a 'playoff team' period.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":35trmw37 said:
chris98251":35trmw37 said:

I believe the DE you're mentioning is Jack Youngblood. The Rams had another Youngblood on the team too- Jim but they aren't related. That was the year that the Bucs made it to the NFC Championship game for the first time (led by Doug Williams, QB and Lee Roy Selmon), if I'm not mistaken.

Rambitious

Reaction score
hawkfan68":1xtybq9u said:
MizzouHawkGal":1xtybq9u said:
chris98251":1xtybq9u said:

I believe the DE you're mentioning is Jack Youngblood. The Rams had another Youngblood on the team too- Jim but they aren't related. That was the year that the Bucs made it to the NFC Championship game for the first time (led by Doug Williams, QB and Lee Roy Selmon), if I'm not mistaken.

Yes, correct.
Good Memory.

RedAlice

Reaction score
Hopefully we see that Youngblood run out of the tunnel at the Coliseum for the first game back home - Hawks@Rams game.

He's requested it. They seem to be playing into any marketing hype they can, so seems like a pretty good chance it happens.