Are the Rams a playoff team?

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
RedAlice":368ytyrv said:
My gut memory as young girl is hating Oakland, hating Niners and adoring the Bears. This is one reason why I support Fisher.

From pure young memory, I always thought any team should be afraid when they played the Raiders or the Bears. I've always wanted my team to be the one to fear. Hence, why it does not bother me when Hawk fans complain about bad play from the Rams. And, why I respect the Hawks because other teams fear them.

It seems to be called smash mouth, or some such now - it's simply football done correctly.

Now that I am more involved in following this sport, I am enamored w Oakland and what they are doing. I hope they own the AFC soon.

And yes, I've been a Rams fan since a boy showed me the game which is early 80's. So, yes I remember a lot.
I admit I love my Seahawks because they are Oakland Raiders that I remember. Physical and signed any player with heart and talent and make it work. You aren't much younger than myself I just have a lot of brothers.;)

From what I see Kansas City better take of business this year because Oakland is about to become elite again.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
RedAlice":1c1lzkk3 said:
As to the Chargers. I moved here years ago and I was a a Rams fan. Rams have been far worse in this time than the Chargers. But, the Chargers no matter their win/loss record, have always been a weak team. I have never been able to become their fan, even though I love their city.

Weak team.
It's the great location and weather. I really have a hard time such a place is real to be honest. You are spot on about them being soft. Even when they went 14-2 they were soft.

RedAlice

Reaction score
@M

Absolutely. The Raiders will rise again, and pretty much decimate that division soon.

In our division, good teams. Hawks are on top, AZ is really good and to be feared right now but aging players and without Arians they fall apart. Niners will figure it out eventually, and sooner than public opinion. They are not as bad as we like to think.

Snead came from Atlanta, he would wet his pants right now to have this Rams team in that division.

NFC W owns it right now.

RedAlice

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":1ygbuen1 said:
RedAlice":1ygbuen1 said:
As to the Chargers. I moved here years ago and I was a a Rams fan. Rams have been far worse in this time than the Chargers. But, the Chargers no matter their win/loss record, have always been a weak team. I have never been able to become their fan, even though I love their city.

Weak team.
It's the great location and weather. I really have a hard time such a place is real to be honest. You are spot on about them being soft. Even when they went 14-2 they were soft.

I love living in no weather, I love the sunsets from my deck. I also love leaving here and traveling to meet real people who live in other places. No one here is violent or crazy enough, including the football team.

It's a great place to come home to, I would not actually like to be stuck here all the time.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
San Francisco is in trouble. That owner is as bad as it gets. Arians is really good and unfortunately will be a player until he's gone. Much like Harbaugh in fact.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
RedAlice":ug8zriy8 said:
MizzouHawkGal":ug8zriy8 said:
RedAlice":ug8zriy8 said:

Weak team.

I love living in no weather, I love the sunsets from my deck. I also love leaving here and traveling to meet real people who live in other places. No one here is violent or crazy enough, including the football team.

It's a great place to come home to, I would not actually like to be stuck here all the time.
I just want to be back in the PNW. I love rain, darkness, mountains and beaches all right by you. Absolutely nothing is like being on the Western side of the Cascades. It's why nobody goes to church because it's just too ridiculous not to be outside somewhere, anywhere, any chance you get.

RedAlice

Reaction score
Random thought from me on the actual topic.

If any Rams' fan is honest, they will say no idea. I hope so, but honestly too much destruction has been previously done to us. So, we hope.

I would say in my honest opinion that this year is a crap shoot. No clue.

I do believe whole heart and fully in that Rams are in playoff contention 2017. If it happens this year, that's a bonus. The team is home, nothing can be better than that. Next year, play offs are a must.

Fisher is staying for at least the next 3 years.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
RedAlice":1jthrxyv said:
Random thought from me on the actual topic.

If any Rams' fan is honest, they will say no idea. I hope so, but honestly too much destruction has been previously done to us. So, we hope.

I would say in my honest opinion that this year is a crap shoot. No clue.

I do believe whole heart and fully in that Rams are in playoff contention 2017. If it happens this year, that's a bonus. The team is home, nothing can be better than that. Next year, play offs are a must.

Fisher is staying for at least the next 3 years.
If Goff is the real deal maybe but that's only because you're team is in a stacked division at the top. Fisher is your problem seriously. You don't yet have the level of talent he requires to be actually good. Just look at Tennessee and understand what he needed to win against the elite when it counted.

Get rid of Fisher and realize your quarterback has to be able to win against Wilson when it counts. That usually means Brady and Rodgers level play. Get rid of Fisher and hope Goff hits and you probably have a playoff team. 3 deep divisions aren't common now but can be done.

With a good coach you're at Minnesota level. Young and dangerous but flawed. Like us in 2012. Problem is we pretty much reloaded.

RedAlice

Reaction score
@M

Fisher will be fine. Watch this year.

I'm more concerned about other things, that will or will not transpire this year. As I said, no clue on this year.

Our weaknesses might evolve a bit this year. Which will become a very strong 2017.

I have a lot of opinions, but I cannot share them here as anything a Rams fan says on this board is simply called a happy Rams fan in summer before the real season starts.

So, I will talk when the real season starts.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
@A,

Nice chatting with you you're an awesome woman and you could always PM me if you think I'm off my rocker about your team and it's situation.

RedAlice

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":myu1huo3 said:
@A,

Nice chatting with you you're an awesome woman and you could always PM me if you think I'm off my rocker about your team and it's situation.

You are all good. I love how much you hate the Rams, as it's integral to you.

During the season, you are always spot on in our discussions about the games.

We will be back to that soon. In the meantime, we are just kicking the same tires together.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
RedAlice":cybcu3jr said:
MizzouHawkGal":cybcu3jr said:
@A,

We will be back to that soon. In the meantime, we are just kicking the same tires together.
Well I have to start getting ready for work now. Yeah, I'm stupid but least I'll make it there. Medicare and doctors are such asswipes by the way.... <----'>.:)

RedAlice

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":x7tuklxt said:
RedAlice":x7tuklxt said:
MizzouHawkGal":x7tuklxt said:
@A,

Well I have to start getting ready for work now. Yeah, I'm stupid but least I'll make it there. Medicare and doctors are such asswipes by the way.... <----'>.:)

No clue, but I know this - own you.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Maulbert":1gis2as4 said:
Niners fans always seemed to hate the Rams. While legacy Rams fans no doubt felt enmity for the Niners, I don't think that rivalry stood up to the relocation to St. Louis, especially since the Rams got good about the same time the 49ers started falling in the toilet.

Yeah, this is definitely true. Even when the Cowboys became the 9ers rivals in the 1990s there was still a general awareness among young 9ers fans that the Rams were a team we always wanted to beat.

If anything the Rams, Cowboys, and Seahawks are the three teams I think 9ers fans might get up for these days.

Maulbert":1gis2as4 said:
Then of course the Seahawks came in and put their stamp on the NFC West a couple years later, which didn't rest well with the Rams, who were the previous kings of the castle. Honestly, I think a lot of the Seattle hate comes from taking dominant control of the division just a couple years after joining.

Eh, I'm not too sure about this one. After the Rams fell off after 2003 the Seahawks had a pretty good (albeit pretty soft) team for a couple years, but nobody outside of Seattle really cared about them. The story was that they were an average to slightly above averae team that was lucky to be playng in the worst division in the NFL. To everyone else the NFC West was a joke for much of the decade, and the Seahawks were thought of as the beneficiary of that joke, rather than escaping it.

I mean, Seahawks fans can certainly crow about being the team to emerge out of the trash heap of the division during that time, but from when the Rams fell down in 2003 to when the 9ers and Hawks re-emerged in 2012 the division didn't have a single wild card team, and the Hawks were a .500 team (64-64).

I think people generally recognize this Hawks team as a being a really good one not only because they're a really good team, but also because since 2012 they've been playing in a division in which you can't stumble into a division championship by going 9-7, let alone 7-9 ( :lol: sheesh the NFC West sucked).

rideaducati

Reaction score
Popeyejones":1139ptg1 said:
Maulbert":1139ptg1 said:
Niners fans always seemed to hate the Rams. While legacy Rams fans no doubt felt enmity for the Niners, I don't think that rivalry stood up to the relocation to St. Louis, especially since the Rams got good about the same time the 49ers started falling in the toilet.

Yeah, this is definitely true. Even when the Cowboys became the 9ers rivals in the 1990s there was still a general awareness among young 9ers fans that the Rams were a team we always wanted to beat.

If anything the Rams, Cowboys, and Seahawks are the three teams I think 9ers fans might get up for these days.

Maulbert":1139ptg1 said:
Then of course the Seahawks came in and put their stamp on the NFC West a couple years later, which didn't rest well with the Rams, who were the previous kings of the castle. Honestly, I think a lot of the Seattle hate comes from taking dominant control of the division just a couple years after joining.

Eh, I'm not too sure about this one. After the Rams fell off after 2003 the Seahawks had a pretty good (albeit pretty soft) team for a couple years, but nobody outside of Seattle really cared about them. The story was that they were an average to slightly above averae team that was lucky to be playng in the worst division in the NFL. To everyone else the NFC West was a joke for much of the decade, and the Seahawks were thought of as the beneficiary of that joke, rather than escaping it.

I mean, Seahawks fans can certainly crow about being the team to emerge out of the trash heap of the division during that time, but from when the Rams fell down in 2003 to when the 9ers and Hawks re-emerged in 2012 the division didn't have a single wild card team, and the Hawks were a .500 team (64-64).

I think people generally recognize this Hawks team as a being a really good one not only because they're a really good team, but also because since 2012 they've been playing in a division in which you can't stumble into a division championship by going 9-7, let alone 7-9 ( :lol: sheesh the NFC West sucked).

We sucked less! We sucked less! :thirishdrinkers:

Popeyejones

Reaction score
:lol: Exactly.

Seriously, through the mid 2ks Rams, Cards, and 9ers fans were way too busy hating their own teams to develop any hatred for the Hawks. ;)

Ramfan128

Reaction score
rideaducati":2vpdltdl said:
Ramfan128":2vpdltdl said:
rideaducati":2vpdltdl said:
RedAlice":2vpdltdl said:
The Seahawks had their biggest "win" before ever taking the field for a regular season game. On August 26, 1976 the Seahawks traded an eighth round pick in 1977 to the Houston Oilers for Steve Largent. The franchise's first win came on October 17 when they beat their expansion brethren Tampa Bay Buccaneers 13-10 at Tampa Bay. On November 7 they won their first game at home, 30-13 over the Atlanta Falcons.

----

Then, in the 90's when I was watching you drafted Dan McGwire as your QB, then you drafted Rick Mirer. Allen bought the team later in that decade.

In 1999, you hired Holmgreen. These are the years I remember well.

My point is not that you do not remember your recent "golden" years, of course you do!!!!!

My point is that you don't remember when you weren't good, and so now you talk smack as IF no other team who isn't good might be about to become good. I remember it all.

Wilson changed it for you. That is fact.

----

eta: I am answering whichever posters above challenged me with their "info" on recent Hawk history with no obvious recognition of actual history.

These have been the best times in Seahawk history, of course we are going to mention these times. The Seahawks rarely played the rams prior to realignment, so there isn't much to go on before that.

A lot of us remember the Seahawks prior to 2003. The constant middle of the pack team that was fun to watch. The underdog...always the underdog.

Getting upset and calling someone out because they didn't happen to mention the bad times in their post is rather silly. Especially when comparing current NFC West teams. The Seahawks and the rams played seven times between 1976 and 2001...hardly a rivalry over the first 25 years of Seahawk existence. They have played 29 times in the 15 years since realignment.

Long time Seahawk fans like myself are living in the present because the present is the best time ever to be a Seahawk fan...although the past wasn't nearly as bad as the past of every other NFC West team. The Seahawks haven't finished last in the NFC West...ever. Prior to realignment, the Seahawks only finished last in their division 7 times and have NEVER had the first overall pick in the draft.

The Seahawks history isn't as bad as you might want it to be. They have never been the perennial door mats like each of the other NFC West teams have been at one time or another.

Maybe it is you that is actually aflicted with a short memory.

I'm not sure if I've ever discussed the subject with you on this board, but this is a statement I kind of take issue with. Some arguments with Seahawk fans spiral downward into history lessons - but if I pointed out how much better the Rams are historically than the Seahawks in certain categories, I get "Well the Rams have been around a lot longer" - wouldn't it also stand to reason that because we've been around longer, we've experienced more ebb and flow than the Seahawks? Will the Seahawks be consistent bottom dwellers sometime in the next 30 years? I'd say so.

And they may not have been as bad as some remember, but they were never super bowl contenders before 2005. That's 30 years of really not having a shot at winning the super bowl - sounds like they could have used the number 1 pick at some point in there.

I'm sure there are "historical" categories that the rams appear to be better...besides having many many more years to accumulate those "better" stats, I can't think of even one off hand. Overall record? Nope. Win percentage? Nope. Super Bowl wins? Nope. Super Bowl appearances? Nope.

I'm sure you could go back further than the Super Bowl era, but nobody would care. You'd probably be even more depressed at being a rams fan than you already must be.

You're the one saying we Seahawk fans have such short memories... I don't get where our collective memories could have possibly been as bad as ram fan memories. Especially you "old time" fans who watched their team leave Cleveland.... and Los Angeles.... and St. Louis... Great memories I bet. Has there ever been a GOOD team relocated? People support winners...the rams don't win, they move.

Nice attack there. I'm not at all depressed being a Rams fan. Historically were still up there is playoff appearances, super bowl appearances, NFL records (both team and individual), and total hall of famers.

Nice etiquette though...don't think I did anything wrong in my previous post but then get attacked - that is what Seahawk fans are becoming known for unfortunately - thought it was the newer fans but you've apparently been a fan for a long time. Pretty disappointing.

rideaducati

Reaction score
Ramfan128":3v4mb8zk said:
rideaducati":3v4mb8zk said:
Ramfan128":3v4mb8zk said:
rideaducati":3v4mb8zk said:
These have been the best times in Seahawk history, of course we are going to mention these times. The Seahawks rarely played the rams prior to realignment, so there isn't much to go on before that.

A lot of us remember the Seahawks prior to 2003. The constant middle of the pack team that was fun to watch. The underdog...always the underdog.

Getting upset and calling someone out because they didn't happen to mention the bad times in their post is rather silly. Especially when comparing current NFC West teams. The Seahawks and the rams played seven times between 1976 and 2001...hardly a rivalry over the first 25 years of Seahawk existence. They have played 29 times in the 15 years since realignment.

Long time Seahawk fans like myself are living in the present because the present is the best time ever to be a Seahawk fan...although the past wasn't nearly as bad as the past of every other NFC West team. The Seahawks haven't finished last in the NFC West...ever. Prior to realignment, the Seahawks only finished last in their division 7 times and have NEVER had the first overall pick in the draft.

The Seahawks history isn't as bad as you might want it to be. They have never been the perennial door mats like each of the other NFC West teams have been at one time or another.

Maybe it is you that is actually aflicted with a short memory.

I'm not sure if I've ever discussed the subject with you on this board, but this is a statement I kind of take issue with. Some arguments with Seahawk fans spiral downward into history lessons - but if I pointed out how much better the Rams are historically than the Seahawks in certain categories, I get "Well the Rams have been around a lot longer" - wouldn't it also stand to reason that because we've been around longer, we've experienced more ebb and flow than the Seahawks? Will the Seahawks be consistent bottom dwellers sometime in the next 30 years? I'd say so.

And they may not have been as bad as some remember, but they were never super bowl contenders before 2005. That's 30 years of really not having a shot at winning the super bowl - sounds like they could have used the number 1 pick at some point in there.

I'm sure there are "historical" categories that the rams appear to be better...besides having many many more years to accumulate those "better" stats, I can't think of even one off hand. Overall record? Nope. Win percentage? Nope. Super Bowl wins? Nope. Super Bowl appearances? Nope.

I'm sure you could go back further than the Super Bowl era, but nobody would care. You'd probably be even more depressed at being a rams fan than you already must be.

You're the one saying we Seahawk fans have such short memories... I don't get where our collective memories could have possibly been as bad as ram fan memories. Especially you "old time" fans who watched their team leave Cleveland.... and Los Angeles.... and St. Louis... Great memories I bet. Has there ever been a GOOD team relocated? People support winners...the rams don't win, they move.

Nice attack there. I'm not at all depressed being a Rams fan. Historically were still up there is playoff appearances, super bowl appearances, NFL records (both team and individual), and total hall of famers.

Nice etiquette though...don't think I did anything wrong in my previous post but then get attacked - that is what Seahawk fans are becoming known for unfortunately - thought it was the newer fans but you've apparently been a fan for a long time. Pretty disappointing.

Just so you know, I was laughing and being a smart arse. Never take my posts seriously. I enjoy instigating things with opposing fan bases.

Ramfan128

Reaction score
Popeyejones":1gadphsf said:
:lol: Exactly.

Seriously, through the mid 2ks Rams, Cards, and 9ers fans were way too busy hating their own teams to develop any hatred for the Hawks. ;)

The St. Louis fans never had a hatred of the Niners....just the Seahawks. It was another point I would bring up for why we needed to return to LA. The Niners/Rams, for as typically one sided as it's been (Rams up to the 80s, then Niners up to now), is the longest running rivalry that is actually close in the W/L column. For the St. Louis fans to actually have more of a dislike of the Seahawks than Niners is heresy. But - the majority of Rams fans in the world existed outside of St. Louis. So I think the rivalry was still maintained - a lot of fans from LA remained fans after the team left.

Now, I'm only 30. A LOT of the memories from this rivalry have been given to me by my Dad (I was 10 when we moved to St. Louis, so not a lot of early LA Ram memories for me). But my dad has been a Rams fan since the 60s....and I will never forget the look on his face when we ended the Niners streak of 17 wins in a row....42-20 in St. Louis....1999.

I wouldn't be surprised if that was the happiest day of his life.