Are We Still South Alaska?

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Aros":2u2gi4cy said:
Chapow":2u2gi4cy said:
Man, I dunno. It's just weird how some of us see things so incredibly differently.

Obviously. Look I am not trying to be a whiny bitch about it but I am not an idiot and I saw what I saw yesterday which was a concerted effort to gloss over Wilson's performance in favor of the rooks - who by the way LOST.

Lemme ask you a question Aros, since the Pete Carroll era began, what percentage of national media attention do you think has been dedicated to the Hawks?

I mean, IMO it's been an embarrassment of riches, I feel like every 3rd or 4th story for the past 6 years has been about Richard Sherman, Michael Bennett, the SB play that will not be named, Russell, Anthem Protests here, Baldwin's outbursts, one of the best D's of all time debates...........you name it and we've had well more than our fair share of national media attention.

Obviously good and bad attention, but never the less attention.

Maybe I'm less sensitive than most, but I feel like we're the last fanbase that should be complaining about lack of national media attention.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
The Watson coverage overshadowing Wilson's performances was frustrating.

Personally, I like it when the media overlooks Seattle. Gives us that chip on the shoulder mentality I suppose as fans. I doubt Wilson cares he wasn't talked about, he's proud of Watson too.

Seattle gets more coverage after a loss than a win nowadays because of how accustomed everyone is to Seattle winning imo

CamanoIslandJQ

Reaction score
ESPN is the worst at Seahawks coverage IMO. Many, many times they have a Seahawks related story on their list on the left side of the screen that slowly drops down as other story lines are discussed, and often it disappears and is never shown or it is a 60-90 second sound bite, then they talk for 10-15 minutes about an East coast team, like the Jets or New England. Also of note, it seems like every time there is a Seahawk draft pick waiting to be announced, they go to commercial and this happens multiple times every draft, over and over, I've noticed this in the draft for years now.
NFL network has some problems too, but ESPN is the real joke. I predict they "restructure" again or go off the air soon.

253hawk

Reaction score
Even NFL.com's power ranking guy was aware of it.

While the highlight shows underlined rookie Deshaun Watson's incredible performance, boring old Russell Wilson threw for 452 yards. And four touchdowns.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
253hawk":rkv4azc6 said:
Even NFL.com's power ranking guy was aware of it.

While the highlight shows underlined rookie Deshaun Watson's incredible performance, boring old Russell Wilson threw for 452 yards. And four touchdowns.

Thank you. My point exactly.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
As an aside...Anyone else creeped out by this lady they kept showing during the game???

<<<shudder>>>

Attachments

• unnamed (2).jpg
    unnamed (2).jpg
    140.1 KB · Views: 2,567

sutz

Reaction score
Aros":3g77xm12 said:
As an aside...Anyone else creeped out by this lady they kept showing during the game???

<<<shudder>>>
Watson't Mom?

:twisted:

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I will need to take a snapshot of her face after our game-winning TD. Not quite as confident, lol.

chris98251

Reaction score
She kind of looks like someone you would see in American Horror Story.

Aros,as much as I know you want us to get recognition we NEVER will, we're the Redheaded West Coast Stepchild, The Buffalo Bills are the Redheaded Stepchild on the East Coast, yes they never won a Super Bowl, but they had Jim Kelly and Thurmond Thomas, Lofton, Reed , Bennett in that era, yet the Jets and The Giants always were the ones talked about, New England not so much then but Miami for sure with Marino. Were just not sexy to the networks, players love to play here, just enough going on to keep busy and a great climate to play and practice in most the time, Levy had that same thing in Buffalo except there was less to do.

When we are hot and running over favorites they jump on the bandwagon and are quick to say I told you so about things and that we should not forget that Egyptian Team in South Alaska. But it takes knocking off Anointed ones, Brady, Manning, Rodgers, Brees etc for that to happen.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Okay turns out it's not the same lady but still funny.

Attachments

• unnamed (1).jpg
    unnamed (1).jpg
    117.5 KB · Views: 2,521
OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
chris98251":35eemzzn said:
When we are hot and running over favorites they jump on the bandwagon and are quick to say I told you so about things and that we should not forget that Egyptian Team in South Alaska. But it takes knocking off Anointed ones, Brady, Manning, Rodgers, Brees etc for that to happen.

Yeah true...I still remember when Shawn Springs left one of the first comments he made was that he didn't like playing in "South Alaska". Never liked him sense. (Not that he did anything after he was a Seahawk any ways).

Chad Brown was another that wasn't a true blue and green Hawk but I think he's come around in recent years.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Aros":1qyh98ha said:
chris98251":1qyh98ha said:

Yeah true...I still remember when Shawn Springs left one of the first comments he made was that he didn't like playing in "South Alaska". Never liked him sense. (Not that he did anything after he was a Seahawk any ways).

Chad Brown was another that wasn't a true blue and green Hawk but I think he's come around in recent years.

If you guys are going back to these times? Hell yes, I agree that the Hawks were barely even recognized as a franchise, let along talked about.

Even when Holmgren was hired he joked he knew nothing of the franchise except "Steve Largent, Steve Largent and Steve Largent."

But like I said earlier in this thread, I truly think that's where the 12th man was born. It was from that anger, resentment, inferiority complex and bitterness of no one paying attention to us. So come game time we were going to let everyone on TV and the other team know just what's up in South Alaska.

IrishNW

Reaction score
yeah i noticed the same things watching all the sports shows. All they talked about was Watson and casually mentioned how the LOB has fallen off. I say screw em, I like being the black sheep. All the bandwagon fans that started rooting for the seahawks after they became a powerhouse franchise disgusts me.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
We are...

Washington
Oregon
Western Canada
Alaska
Idaho
Western Montana
Parts of Wyoming and Nevada
And then creeping throughout the Pacific Rim

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Pandion Haliaetus":2bdsxlpj said:
We are...

Washington
Oregon
Western Canada
Alaska
Idaho
Western Montana

That's hard to fit on a bumper sticker.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":366hirne said:
Pandion Haliaetus":366hirne said:
We are...

Washington
Oregon
Western Canada
Alaska
Idaho
Western Montana

That's hard to fit on a bumper sticker.

True.

253hawk

Reaction score
Aros":yfnbe6mj said:

<<<shudder>>>

[tweet]https://twitter.com/11plus1TrueHawk/status/924812321762959360[/tweet]

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
253hawk":2yxu9lbw said:
Aros":2yxu9lbw said:

<<<shudder>>>

[tweet]https://twitter.com/11plus1TrueHawk/status/924812321762959360[/tweet]

Post of the month.

mikeak

Reaction score
Year of The Hawk":188pcxa2 said:
The golden boy is now Watson. Last year it was Dak. The few year before that it was Andrew Luck. Before that it was RG3. Do you see a trend. I would rather be perennially great than a flash in the pan. Watson may be great but it takes more than one good season (or 1/2 a season) for that to happen. Besides I would rather not get mentioned to much. I feel our team plays better in the "not good enough" or "meh" categorization.
Besides how many of these talking heads opinions do you really respect. Most are blowhards and click bait.

Only forgot one and that would be Cam who was the guy right there between Luck and Dak

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Good stuff. Just like Green Bay celebrating a couple different times that they were going to the Super Bowl against us here in Seattle after we were down 16 w/5 minutes remaining........ Oops........