AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":yrc8j5tx said:
Aros":yrc8j5tx said:
chris98251":yrc8j5tx said:
When we are hot and running over favorites they jump on the bandwagon and are quick to say I told you so about things and that we should not forget that Egyptian Team in South Alaska. But it takes knocking off Anointed ones, Brady, Manning, Rodgers, Brees etc for that to happen.

Yeah true...I still remember when Shawn Springs left one of the first comments he made was that he didn't like playing in "South Alaska". Never liked him sense. (Not that he did anything after he was a Seahawk any ways).

Chad Brown was another that wasn't a true blue and green Hawk but I think he's come around in recent years.

If you guys are going back to these times? Hell yes, I agree that the Hawks were barely even recognized as a franchise, let along talked about.

Even when Holmgren was hired he joked he knew nothing of the franchise except "Steve Largent, Steve Largent and Steve Largent."

But like I said earlier in this thread, I truly think that's where the 12th man was born. It was from that anger, resentment, inferiority complex and bitterness of no one paying attention to us. So come game time we were going to let everyone on TV and the other team know just what's up in South Alaska.

Just so you and I are on the same page, I am not whining about a lack of coverage these past few years. That''s silly. Of course we have been getting our due thanks to our success. This is not a statement about Seahawks coverage in recent years. It's about how there's still very much a "Oh yeah the Seahawks, but did you see what Watson did?" mentality that undermines what is an elite team in this league. And like it or not, give a rip or not, it's a reality.

If this game was in Green Bay and Rodgers had thrown for 456 yards and 4 TDs I guarantee you the media would be saying what a nice game by the rook but HOLY CRAP RODGERS!!!

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
253hawk":tkz1ioit said:
Aros":tkz1ioit said:
As an aside...Anyone else creeped out by this lady they kept showing during the game???

<<<shudder>>>

[tweet]https://twitter.com/11plus1TrueHawk/status/924812321762959360[/tweet]

Thread winner.

hawxfreak

Reaction score
I just hope the team can use any slights as motivation , and of the news I saw it was more about Watson than Wilson.
This team reminds me of 2013 with the depth they have and if the running game gets going then I think we can get number 1 seed , but even if we don't I get a feeling this team is hungry for another SuperbOwl mainly cuz I think they're finally ready to get SB 49 out of their heads and want to show people that we are not done.
I believe they could get there this year even on the road in the playoffs , so i'm drinkin cool aid as the magic seems to have returned
Go Hawks :irishdrinkers:

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
ImTheScientist":1y10qo06 said:
Can we get some kay adams pics....thanks.

And to her credit she keeps on the Russell Wilson Is Great Train...My word she's, um, easy on the eyes.

KayAdams.jpg

OtK1lj4

0ap3000000733488 video cp

Kay adams 0623

11266476_1480593042241446_468466034_n.jpg

Screen shot 2013 09 13 at 8 39 36 pm

Hawks46

Reaction score
I think it's because Watson is the new thing....that wasn't expected to do anything this year.

Also, it's expected that rookie QB's (and most QB's) are going to have a hard time at the CLink against the LoB. Seriously, we've had Brady and Rodgers here and they have never lit it up like that. It's a big deal and totally unexpected. Add to that that it was one of the best games of 2017 with lots of scoring and you get the story line.

Russell Wilson, while not expected to put up THOSE numbers, is expected to play well at home because he almost always does. He's also adept at 4th quarter come backs and has consistently put up good numbers before. Like I said, expected, not a surprise.

When Burleson said what he did...it was sarcasm. He gets it and always gives us love.

You'll start to see the narrative of our patented late season runs. It will be a story line and we'll get press.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Aros":1x8rcsqo said:
As an aside...Anyone else creeped out by this lady they kept showing during the game???

<<<shudder>>>
Omg!I saw that wench do that and thought "what a smug (blank)"..I said out loud #1 at what?The game ain't over yet!

Steve2222

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2pslwofp said:
Just about everything I heard and saw yesterday on the internet said "Wilson outduels Watson in best game of the year so far."

I think we're a little hyper sensitive up here in the NW when it comes to the national media and wanting to be heard and recognized.......................which btw, is why the Clink is so damn loud, just as the Kingdome was before it.

So think of all this as a good thing. Our players LOVE playing the disrespect card, and so do the fans.

Nah.

SNF Pregame Patrick asked the two their stars of the day and Rodney went first making a quick shout out to Wilson then Dungy took it over talking about Watson, where they discussed his game for a good 5 minutes. Good morning football on NFL Network the next day was all Watson.

I don’t watch the ESPN shows like First Take or Around the Horn anymore, but I’d bet good money Watson got more airtime than Russ.

brettb3

Reaction score
I don’t know. I don’t think any franchise in the NFL has gotten more attention from the national media over the last five years than the Seahawks. As you pointed out, I think it comes down to Watson being new and fresh.

djb28

Reaction score
Did someone say Kay Adams?
She gets me in trouble in the mornings. My girlfriend says she wishes I would smile like that when she talks.

It must be an involuntary muscle.

"Yeah I won't even bother to look what that's doing" she said.

SixSeahawk

Reaction score
Based on this overreaction to Kay Adams...then yes, you are South Alaska.

Must not have a lot of women in Seattle if Kay Adams can make everybody hyperventilate like this. :lol:

907Hawk

Reaction score
SixSeahawk":8jh146ke said:

Must not have a lot of women in Seattle if Kay Adams can make everybody hyperventilate like this. :lol:

Is there not another bandwagon you can jump on, did you get lost on your way to the Raiders Forum.

SixSeahawk

Reaction score
907Hawk":2aai3eyq said:
SixSeahawk":2aai3eyq said:

Is there not another bandwagon you can jump on, did you get lost on your way to the Raiders Forum.

Hate to break it to you but the Seattle bandwagon was destroyed a few years ago by Malcolm Butler.

SPIRITOF12

Reaction score
The latest in showing no respect for South Alaska NFL Gameday Morning when discussing the Seahawks Redskins game, showed highlights from the Houston Game. Watson highlights, showing all their touchdowns, and showing none of the Seahawks scores. If I did not see the game, and relied on that highlight real to tell me how Seattle did last week, looked to be Hoiston 38, Seattle 0.