Are you having fun watching this team?

RobBaker7714409

Reaction score
No, I'm not having fun watching this team. But I rarely have previously either, so nothing new.

Boycie

Reaction score
falcongoggles":3n3dw129 said:
I'm interested in taking the temperature of people's emotions. Arguably, the reason to watch sports is to have fun, be distracted and take pride in your city.

So with that said, are the Seahawks a fun team to watch recently?

Is the NFL a fun product to watch recently?

Yes I am, but I am getting fed up with all of the stupid penalties they are taking.

twisted_steel2

Reaction score
Ace_Rimmer":33oi0ffg said:
falcongoggles":33oi0ffg said:
I'm interested in taking the temperature of people's emotions. Arguably, the reason to watch sports is to have fun, be distracted and take pride in your city.

Yes I am, but I am getting fed up with all of the stupid penalties they are taking.

That's where Im at.

The constant penalties, the refs taking over the game is getting tiring.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/BillWixey/status/928824565106491397[/tweet]

ZagHawk

Reaction score
When the offense is scoring points and Graham gets the ball, it's fun.

When the Hawks D gets a turnover, its fun.

When the O-Line struggles, it's not fun.

When the Hawks D gets slaughtered with dink and dunk pass plays, it's not fun.

When the Hawks win, it's fun.

When the Hawks lose, it's not fun.

Hawks are 6-3.

I've had fun for 5 of those games, and not fun for 4 of them. The Niners game although a win, was not fun to watch our team barely win against a garbage Niner team at home.

I know we are very fortunate that this is still a good team with a good record, good chance to get into the playoffs and if they somehow overcome their obstacles and weaknesses could be a legit contender (could I didn't say WOULD). But it's frustrating when the weaknesses/obstacles are not new, they are all things this team has struggled with over the past few years. Which leaves a fan to believe those obstacles will not be getting fixed and at best this team is in the playoffs. But it may be another wildcard/divisional round and out type of season...which is a bummer as it really feels the FO has gone all-in for this season and we got some tough seasons ahead.

ZagHawk

Reaction score
Chapow":8uy5baub said:
So is this like an annual thing then?

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=133256

It's simple. If you don't enjoy watching the Seahawks, don't watch.

It's not that simple. I almost see the Seahawks and all Seattle sports teams the way you can view family. You love them, but you don't have to like them. Is that fair?

HoldYourHawk

Reaction score
twisted_steel2":2pkcd0vr said:
Ace_Rimmer":2pkcd0vr said:
falcongoggles":2pkcd0vr said:

That's where Im at.

The constant penalties, the refs taking over the game is getting tiring.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/BillWixey/status/928824565106491397[/tweet]

THIS. Watching the refs practically drive the Cardinals offense up & down the field all night was aggravating. The Cardinals first touchdown drive in particular was extremely un-fun to watch. Stanton couldn't hit the backside of a barn, yet the refs gave the benefit of the doubt to the Cardinals wide receivers.

Other than that yea, this team has been fun to watch, especially the O-line. Like watching turnstiles in a subway station.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Yes, always.

Although I do get pissed off more than I used to in the past. Higher expectations + me turning into a senile skeptic might have something to do with that

Exittium

Reaction score
I love watching the team. But I no longer enjoy watching the NFL and the slow joke it’s becoming with it’s officiating. They’re reaching WWE levels

NJlargent

Reaction score
WindCityHawk":8tscieok said:
Not really. This team is so loaded with potential and yet every week it feels like struggling to get a lawnmower going.

I can't known what it is, exactly, but either the players just aren't fighting for it anymore (which I don't want to believe) or the coaching staff doesn't know how to squeeze the most out of this loaded roster (which seems more likely).

It's also frustrating to see no one held accountable, and nothing change. Now I'm worried they can chalk this year's shortfall up to injuries and no one will be cut loose.

This is my feeling too. We were a 10 win team before the injuries and big changes are needed regardless

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
WindCityHawk":hktsal2b said:
Not really. This team is so loaded with potential and yet every week it feels like struggling to get a lawnmower going.

I can't known what it is, exactly, but either the players just aren't fighting for it anymore (which I don't want to believe) or the coaching staff doesn't know how to squeeze the most out of this loaded roster (which seems more likely).

It's also frustrating to see no one held accountable, and nothing change. Now I'm worried they can chalk this year's shortfall up to injuries and no one will be cut loose.

This is concerning. I can see this excuse being spouted on the .NET also.

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
WindCityHawk":21i4oew4 said:

This is how I feel, every game is a headache.

AgentDib

Reaction score
If you're actively having a bad time watching a 6-3 Seahawks team then why on earth are you following the NFL? There's way too much parity in this sport for fans who can only be happy when they are in front. Picking early in the draft has never been a bigger advantage than now when the rookie salary figures can let you field a super star for peanuts against the cap. If you do hit on gems then you have to pay them fairly after their rookie deal expires and the fixed cap ensures that each team has roughly the same amount of talent to work with.

There are four NFC teams with fewer losses than us (Eagles, Vikings, Saints, Rams). None of those teams were favorites coming into this year. The Eagles finished last in the NFC East last season, while the Vikings, Saints and Rams all finished third in their respective divisions. This year isn't particularly special in that regard and teams are always rising and falling depending on a handful of key plays, injuries and personnel acquisitions.

Even if you are 100% sure we can't beat those four unstoppable juggernauts the Hawks have a ton of great players to watch. On offense we have RW throwing to Baldwin, Graham, Richardson and Lockett. Our front seven on defense is borderline unfair right now. And yes, other teams have good players too. That's what makes it fun.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
No
We are one of the most talented teams in the league and were flopping around like some wannabe's when we should be crushing teams like the Cards.

Smellyman

Reaction score
Knowing Bevell is still the coach wasting a franchise qb's talent is a bit frustrating.

Watching RW win games in spite of Bevell is amazing.

Dismas

Reaction score
I still have fun, mostly, but there is a lot of frustration as well.
The defense is still stout, but is showing some stress from the lack of offense.
The offense is showing no ... expertise, might be the word. Championships take a lot of luck to win, but under the luck is a solid core of expertise, or competence, or whatever you want to call it. A general appearance of good workmanship. Our offense currently is a slapdash effort with no idea (still!) of what they might be good at, much less any strength to rely on. So far we have gotten by with unsustainable magic moments to salvage games, we need a working, and workable, plan, if this team is going to come anywhere near reaching it's potential, much less it's goals.

TwilightError

Reaction score
Absolutely. But supporting a sports team is not just fun. It involves lots of emotions such as anger and disappointment as well.