Are you having fun watching this team?

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
WindCityHawk":22ye5eap said:
Not really. This team is so loaded with potential and yet every week it feels like struggling to get a lawnmower going.

I can't known what it is, exactly, but either the players just aren't fighting for it anymore (which I don't want to believe) or the coaching staff doesn't know how to squeeze the most out of this loaded roster (which seems more likely).

It's also frustrating to see no one held accountable, and nothing change. Now I'm worried they can chalk this year's shortfall up to injuries and no one will be cut loose.

:ditto:

hawknation2017

Reaction score
TwilightError":fl4bghom said:
Absolutely. But supporting a sports team is not just fun. It involves lots of emotions such as anger and disappointment as well.

True. I feel pretty disappointed right now about the Sherman injury. But I also feel really grateful that they acquired Shaq Griffin and Justin Coleman, and Shead might have a chance to play at some point.

Earl Thomas and Kam Chancellor have a chance to return by the next game -- MNF vs. Atlanta (revenge game). Those guys are the heartbeat of the defense.

On the whole, there has been more good than bad. And the schedule sets us up really well in the final stretch. I would still be surprised if the Seahawks didn't win at least 11 games.

Arizona (at home) and SF are essentially gimmes, so that should be eight wins right there. Even playing Jacksonville on the road at 10 a.m., the Seahawks are the superior team in every facet and should win that game. So there is nine wins.

I think the Seahawks at least split the remaining four "tough" games: Atlanta (at home), Rams (at home), Dallas (on the road), and Philadelphia (at home). That's at least 11 wins by my (admittedly optimistic) count.

We can't take for granted that -- even with devastating injuries -- this team has a chance to win every game it plays week in and week out.

BullHawk33

Reaction score
It is much more entertaining to watch a team that can win it all as opposed to one that cannot.

I do not enjoy all the injuries though.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
I'm having a blast. Of course I don't need my team to rack up style-point wins or to put opponents away in the first quarter to extract enjoyment. For those that do, I'd direct you to the Arena League. Or pro rasslin'.

AgentDib

Reaction score
BullHawk33":294k6dre said:
I do not enjoy all the injuries though.
Definitely the worst part. The trend for 1 player per game to IR seems to be accelerating this season despite (or partly due to?) the reductions in padded practices.

Palmegranite

Reaction score
Are you kidding? Of course! It's great football, whether it's last minute high scoring heroics vs Houston or low scoring defensive battles. Then again I really enjoyed that near scoreless 6-6 tie game against Arizona in 2016..

cymatica

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":ntkpvu1s said:
I'm having a blast. Of course I don't need my team to rack up style-point wins or to put opponents away in the first quarter to extract enjoyment. For those that do, I'd direct you to the Arena League. Or pro rasslin'.

Didn't know touchdowns and first half scores were considered 'style points'.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
cymatica":19fuj08a said:
Siouxhawk":19fuj08a said:

Learn the Seahawks philosophy and get back to me. We've been doing it for years and it works. Seriously, go play Madden and set the opposing defense on low to satisfy your compulsion.

mrt144

Reaction score
Its like a stale relationship where you know the faults of your partner well enough to anticipate those faults popping up and then at your worst see those faults even when they arent really there.

Because we've been with the same partners for 6 years now and the loving isnt frequent or amazing enough to compensate for the sloppiness, resentment and told-ya-sos.

mrt144

Reaction score
cymatica":31a0bvhj said:
Siouxhawk":31a0bvhj said:

He could be a quad amputee and watch Bevell eat Saltines and climax.

HAWKAMANIA

Reaction score
They are still fun to watch. Like all teams they have their moments that will frustrate you (looking at you, Germain and Darrell), but for the most part they are very entertaining. This season does remind me a little bit of 2011, where you could see things coming together, but often frustrating offensively.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
Having fun??? Well as the joke goes, "I have mixed feelings". Frustrating and disgust. The all too frequent 'three and outs" vs. the shitty Officiating......have ruined my enjoyment. Whistle blowing on every play is clearly ruining this game.
Mr. Bevell's play calling has me leaving the room where the game is being shown.......altogether too frequently.

el capitan

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":1wdf83z4 said:
cymatica":1wdf83z4 said:
Siouxhawk":1wdf83z4 said:

Learn the Seahawks philosophy and get back to me. We've been doing it for years and it works. Seriously, go play Madden and set the opposing defense on low to satisfy your compulsion.

We might have been doing it for years but it hasn't been working lately. The fact is the philosophy is flawed without Lynch. It's ok to keep the game close and win it in the 4th quarter but you have to be able to control the clock which the Hawks haven't been able to do since 2015. Therefore the philosophy needs to be either altered or changed completely, but it hasn't, hence a lot of your fellow boardmates here are frustrated.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
el capitan":1t9wlbq2 said:
Siouxhawk":1t9wlbq2 said:
cymatica":1t9wlbq2 said:
Siouxhawk":1t9wlbq2 said:

We might have been doing it for years but it hasn't been working lately. The fact is the philosophy is flawed without Lynch. It's ok to keep the game close and win it in the 4th quarter but you have to be able to control the clock which the Hawks haven't been able to do since 2015. Therefore the philosophy needs to be either altered or changed completely, but it hasn't, hence a lot of your fellow boardmates here are frustrated.
I get that, but it has been working. Unless your only barometer for success is reaching the Super Bowl every year.

I don't give much credence to the pouty fans on here. They are an entitled lot who think the team should change for them instead of them appreciating what we have in Pete and his staff and what they've done for the organization.

NJlargent

Reaction score
That is absolutely correct. The philosophy doesn't work without Lynch. And it hasn't been working. 6-3 is not exactly a record to get excited about, especially considering we only played 4 decent teams.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
We could very well be leading the division after today with a 6-3 record. Has me excited.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
el capitan":1fnd85r1 said:
Siouxhawk":1fnd85r1 said:
cymatica":1fnd85r1 said:
Siouxhawk":1fnd85r1 said:

Exactly. It's been working, but it's chipped away at a number of wins we could have had. So things are not ideal. That isn't worth a wholesale firing, roster reshuffling, or trading away of key players, but it is worth a philosophical shift that costs us nothing. With the defense hampered, Seattle needs to start leading with its pass offense, or it's going to keep losing enough 4th-quarter games to land us short of our potential.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
No.

The defense? Sure.

The offense is terrible and I've learned we don't even bother trying to score TDs unless we are behind. Even then, it isn't really worth watching.

Occasionally once or twice a game Wilson will do something fantastic. Otherwise there isn't much reason to even bother with it.

Overall though, the offense will play ugly football where you would swear the coach has money in Vegas on the other team. It looks for all the world like they are shaving points or something until we are behind near the end of a half and the team starts marching down the field.

el capitan

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":1w8oo4bh said:
el capitan":1w8oo4bh said:
Siouxhawk":1w8oo4bh said:
cymatica":1w8oo4bh said:

I get that, but it has been working. Unless your only barometer for success is reaching the Super Bowl every year.

I don't give much credence to the pouty fans on here. They are an entitled lot who think the team should change for them instead of them appreciating what we have in Pete and his staff and what they've done for the organization.

But that is the point, the only barometer for success for this team should be playing in the Super Bowl. They are way too talented on defense and offense to settle with getting blown out in the divisional round.

I doubt you'll meet a single Seahawks fan who doesn't appreciate what Pete has done however that doesn't mean they are not entitled to also feel frustrated by his willingness to put philosophy before wins. You have to replace your key players when they leave or adapt, I don't believe that the Hawks have done either.