Are You Watching Any SporsCenter or Other Media?

HawkFan72

Reaction score
I'm avoiding it. I already know the stories, and I don't know how many times I can stomach hearing about "the worst call of all time".

hawksfanohio

Reaction score
HoustonHawk82":3dg5us8u said:
Tom Jackson's thoughts on things on NFL Primetime last night was the only thing anybody needs to hear.

Summed things up very well, IMO.

I'm immersing myself in work today in an effort to ease the pain.

What did Jackson say? I usually really like his analysis. Just can't watch anything now.

gulliver

Reaction score
I went to bed around midnight but couldn't fall asleep until 5 AM. Then had to go in for a full workday.

I have the Yahoo Sports app, which was brutally waking me up every hour with a new headline: "New England Patriots defeat Seattle Seahawks 28-24 in Super Bowl XLIX". An hour later, "Pete Carroll tries to explain bizarre goal line play call that ended Super Bowl XLIX" and so on.

Saw Deion et al. talking about how it was the worst playcall.

Can't even imagine tuning into Sports Center right now. Forget it.

Maybe the worst part is, while the loss is made 1% better when we hear everybody acknowledge the game was essentially won if not for that AWFUL call, 10 years from now nobody will remember anything about cheating or injuries or playcalls. Quick, who are all the Super Bowl losers in the 1980s? I bet 1 in 10 people here could name 1/4 of them them, but I bet 5 in 10 could name most of the winners. That's all anyone will remember.

AAAAH!!

A

Anonymous

hawksfanohio":3c69c4bp said:
HoustonHawk82":3c69c4bp said:
Tom Jackson's thoughts on things on NFL Primetime last night was the only thing anybody needs to hear.

Summed things up very well, IMO.

I'm immersing myself in work today in an effort to ease the pain.

What did Jackson say? I usually really like his analysis. Just can't watch anything now.

It's hard to describe, but it was more about what he didn't say, or almost said and stopped. He said what 12's are feeling.

His main message was we should have went with the run exclusively, personnel package matchups or not.

Steve2222

Reaction score
No ESPN or NFL Network (to include combine) for a month. Need the time to decompress. Just MLB Network for me as of now. Luckily, it realistically looks like the M's have strong potential this year.

Russ Willstrong

Reaction score
I happened to turn on ESPN and heard Tim Hasselbeck defend the call. Usually don't care for anything he says but Tim Hasselbeck had seemed to provide better insight than all the other ex-players as to WHY the pass was called.
IMO the harshest of the bunch was Deon Sanders.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I am on at least a two week social media and any sports network lockdown.

We came home last night from our party and I was reduced to watching America's Funniest Home Videos until bedtime, cause it was literally the only station not showing replays or analyzing the game.