Arizona Cardinals Have It All Wrapped Up!

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
b8rtm8nn":2rsxlws6 said:
Bah!...I hate new fans that haven't suffered enough to realize how fortunate we are to be considered a playoff team before the season.

We have our concerns on defense - Honey Badger coming off ACL tear, no clear CB2, turnover at safety (although I think that's a good thing), and the DC is in his second year - not certain if he will improve or regress. It's easy to clamor that drafting someone or expecting 'that guy' to really take off in year 2 or 3 somehow leads to a SuperBowl when you haven't watched seasons fall apart in the past (just look at the start of Seattle's season last year with Cary Williams).

Realistically, I think we are about a 10 win team right now and can likely get a wild card spot, at a minimum. The Seahawks are better, IMO, both in roster and consistency so far. I don't see LA or SF having a great season; and I don't see any other division in the NFC that will have a strong #2 to throw the #5 playoff seed into a tight competition. Anything can change, of course, but at least Cards fans have a reason for optimism to make the playoffs...just not quite so much delusion.
Other teams will work up a book on your DC's system, just like they did with the Hawks after we won the SB. The more they play you in the playoffs, the less shock-and-awe your system will be. One more thing...

GO HAWKS!!!

HawkGA

Reaction score
Ramfan128":1trh15ll said:
I don't see my Rams really competing this year, but the major difference between Seattle/Arizona and us is QB play. If Goff has a good rookie year, we will surprise people.

I think we can safely pencil the Rams in for 7-9, regardless of QB play.

b8rtm8nn

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":113bdhy9 said:
Assuming QB health, I think one game separates the teams at season's end. Hopefully the Hawks have the one more victory.

Agreed, except for my desire to have the Cards take the NFCW again :)

Ramfan128":113bdhy9 said:
I don't see my Rams really competing this year, but the major difference between Seattle/Arizona and us is QB play. If Goff has a good rookie year, we will surprise people.

It will be a curious season, if you ever get stability at your OC position and Goff pans out, you have a chance. I actually feel SF has a chance to do better than expected since both Gabbert and Kaep will likely do well in Chip's style of offense. In both teams' scenarios, I can see a strong finish after a rough start.

NINEster

Reaction score
For Arizona, I see it this way:

1. Can they pound the rock?
2. Did they add more firepower to take down Wilson?

They do those two things well, they'll play in the Super Bowl this year.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Cyrus12":d5pbqjev said:
endzorn":d5pbqjev said:
Every fan base is wildly overconfident in June...Seattle being no exception.
this^ most ppl here are calling for the hawks to go 19-0.
Naw.... I think 18-1 is more realistic, as we lose our 16th regular season game playing all reserves and the game is lost due to an officials bad call after we used all of our challenges. 8) :2thumbs: :stirthepot: :sarcasm_off:

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":3itxtraq said:
Cyrus12":3itxtraq said:
endzorn":3itxtraq said:
Every fan base is wildly overconfident in June...Seattle being no exception.
this^ most ppl here are calling for the hawks to go 19-0.
Naw.... I think 18-1 is more realistic, as we lose our 16th regular season game playing all reserves and the game is lost due to an officials bad call after we used all of our challenges. 8) :2thumbs: :stirthepot: :sarcasm_off:
Because Pete threw the challenge flag twice when it was obvious he shouldn't have......in the first half.

pmedic920

Reaction score
They won't be "push overs" but they certainly won't walk away easily.

Hawks have been blessed by the schedule gods for the first time in a long time.
IMHO, if the red birds do anything of note this year, it will be via the wildcard trail.

Edit: and I'll make a "Hat" bet with the first Cardinal fan that wants to step up to the plate.

If I win, you buy me the Seahawk cap of my choice. You post a picture of yourself wearing that cap on Seahawks.net and your board. Then ship me the cap in "like new" condition. (Clean, odor free, tags still on)

I'll do the same, if you win.

kearly

Reaction score
The Cardinals were 5-1 in one score games in the 2015 regular season, while Seattle was 2-5. In all other games, Arizona was 8-2 while Seattle was 8-1.

Seattle also lost several major contributors to injury whereas Arizona enjoyed their healthiest season in a long time. Yet Seattle still finished well ahead of Arizona in DVOA for the season despite this.

Unfortunately luck is a part of the game and luck favored a good Arizona team last season. It's a credit to Arizona that they have built a team capable of going 13-3 when things go their way. They deserve respect. But Seattle is the better team. Hopefully Seattle doesn't crap all over themselves at critical times in 2016 like they did last year.

b8rtm8nn

Reaction score
pmedic920":28aa1iwq said:

IMHO, if the red birds do anything of note this year, it will be via the wildcard trail.

Edit: and I'll make a "Hat" bet with the first Cardinal fan that wants to step up to the plate.

If I win, you buy me the Seahawk cap of my choice. You post a picture of yourself wearing that cap on Seahawks.net and your board. Then ship me the cap in "like new" condition. (Clean, odor free, tags still on)

That is a terrible bet right now for a Cards fan - you have the better roster. I'll wait until the end of TC to see how the Cards are doing with their revamped secondary, if I'm delusionally hopeful, I'll bet anyways. Need to amend it though and loser has to make that picture their avatar for the off-season (after the playoffs, assuming both teams are in)

pmedic920

Reaction score
b8rtm8nn":122oqwy6 said:
pmedic920":122oqwy6 said:

That is a terrible bet right now for a Cards fan - you have the better roster. I'll wait until the end of TC to see how the Cards are doing with their revamped secondary, if I'm delusionally hopeful, I'll bet anyways. Need to amend it though and loser has to make that picture their avatar for the off-season (after the playoffs, assuming both teams are in)

I'll be here. You hit me up when you think your ready, if no other "card" fan takes the bet before you do, we'll work out the details.

Keep in mind, my main thing is, "cards" won't finish ahead of the "Hawks" in the div.
I'm saying that if the "cards" do anything in the playoffs it will be via a wildcard spot.

If you want to keep it simple, we can just go with "who's team finishes higher in the Div.
We are both in the same boat with the current status of our teams.