Aros' Fearless Prediction Thread (Bears @ Seahawks)

Hawker

Reaction score
This should be fun.

Hawks 26 > Bears 6

Fearless RTD, 0-2

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":c46epumm said:
http://www.seahawks.net/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=114316
MizzouHawkGal":c46epumm said:
Sports Hernia":c46epumm said:
Hawks 38
Mini Ditkas 3
Is this some kind of Austin Powers reference that I'm not quite getting

:mrgreen:
Old reoccurring SNL "da bears" segment during the Farley years.....
Ha! I've seen a skit of that with the dark sunglasses, Bears jacket and a cigar (I might be wrong there). Somebody would say something and he'd say...."Da Bears...".:)

I'm assuming it was a parody of Ditka?

Slick

Reaction score
Hawks - 17
Bears - 20

I'm in the minority where I think our defense has been more maddening than our offense. Bears will have the ball last and carve time and yardage to win.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Although the Hawks have a somewhat easier time on the field with Chitown, I still think the game will be somewhat low scoring. Reason being is this is an opportunity to get some of the backups in to play. Game one, we put in Bailey as a SS and game 2 we put in Shead. I think we will probably put in Shead again as a sign of INSURANCE for future situations. I also see the team gelling with the front line and Wilson working together. I am watching the Green bay game again as a primer. All the above being said....my score prediction is...

24-7.

Our team does not run the score up like a dang college game. Unless we are playing a college team...like Denver and Green Bay.

Go Hawks.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":5pe7as3f said:
Sports Hernia":5pe7as3f said:
MizzouHawkGal":5pe7as3f said:
Sports Hernia":5pe7as3f said:
Hawks 38
Mini Ditkas 3

Ha! I've seen a skit of that with the dark sunglasses, Bears jacket and a cigar (I might be wrong there). Somebody would say something and he'd say...."Da Bears...".:)

Yep, that's the one.
Just a parody of bears fans who worshipped Ditka.

marko358

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":vf3logug said:
MizzouHawkGal":vf3logug said:
Sports Hernia":vf3logug said:
MizzouHawkGal":vf3logug said:
Sports Hernia said:
Hawks 38
Mini Ditkas 3

Yep, that's the one.
Just a parody of bears fans who worshipped Ditka.
Being from Chicago, let me tell you that there are still people that talk like those guys in that skit.

AgentDib

Reaction score
The money line is more interesting from a non-gambling perspective as it indicates how likely Vegas thinks we are to win outright. Seahawks are between -1350 and -1600 which translates to a 92%-94% chance of winning the game. That's ridiculously high for an NFL game.

DeeHawks

Reaction score
Hawks - 28
Da Bears - 16

RTD 0-2

"The other teams could make trouble for us if they win"
- Yogi Berra

Sac

Reaction score
Hawks win 31-10

Kam has a hit stick and a pick, but also gets trucked once by Forte. People continue to complain.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":1so7mnwz said:
Sports Hernia":1so7mnwz said:
MizzouHawkGal":1so7mnwz said:
Sports Hernia":1so7mnwz said:
Hawks 38
Mini Ditkas 3

Norm from "Cheers" was one of the guys too. There were three of them sitting around a table all Bears fans, Norm (George Wendt), Farley and one other guy (I don't remember who it was). One of the running jokes was how many heart attacks they each had as they were herfing down brats and other bad for your heart type of food. Ditka was God to these guys.

[youtube]8xzVOsYGRp8[/youtube]

seahawksny

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":1m5l622y said:
I also agree that this will be closer than people think. Our defense has been beaten by Austin Davis and Nick Foles sticking to short passes in order to negate our pass rush. They also have an unfortunate habit of being beaten by themselves, offense too. We've been known to almost lose, at home. to a winless Tampa team.

I'd LIKE to think that we're going to look a lot better on offense, since we're no longer facing a Top 5 NFC defense. But it seems like every time we get such a game, we treat it like an opportunity to tinker. We play down to our opponent. Expect to see a lot of stupid, stupid stuff coming from Pete and Darell's experimentations.

In the end, we win. But it's not by 30, and like so many Seahawks games that should have been otherwise, it's not clear until the 4th quarter when Wilson starts ignoring Bevell.

Seahawks: 30
Bears: 16

RTD: 1-1

Unfortunately this has happened too many times.

OrFan

Reaction score
Hawks - 31

Cubbies - 16

The Hawks barely beat that -14.5 spread.

Hawks46

Reaction score
marko358":2gxg44ud said:
HawkGA":2gxg44ud said:
I think some of you predicting 30+ from the Hawks are being a little generous. Hope I'm wrong, but not really feeling that from this offense yet.

They already scored over 30 against the best front 7 in the league. What makes you think the Bears D will put up a bigger fight?

Not to be a picky bastard, but we had a punt return for a TD and a fumble return for a TD. Take 14 off of the offenses total.

Hawks46

Reaction score
I see defensive progression, yet I still don't trust them. Bennett is good for 2 offsides at the worst moments. Not entirely sure Kam will play, and if he does, it won't be the entire game.

I REALLY don't trust our offense, and even if they do get rolling early, Pete doesn't like to run up the score. We're going to get up by 14 and then just run, run, run, punt it to another few FG's.

Seahawks 26

Bears 13