Aros' Fearless Prediction Thread (Jaguars @ Seahawks)

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
This is as close to a bye week as it gets in the NFL without actually being a bye week. Gus Bradley brings an interesting dynamic and yes, Any Given Sunday and all of that, but...

Meh.

Aros' Fearless Prediction: Seahawks 42 - Jaguars 3

Aros' Fearless Record: 2-0

C-Dub

Reaction score
C-Dub's Fearless Prediction: Seahawks 34 - Jaguars 0 (if MJD plays Seahawks 34 - Jaguars 3)

C-Dub's Fearless Record: 2-0

Jags are one game close to QB Bridgewater.

AbsolutNET

Reaction score
I can't even muster the pessimism to predict a loss this week. I don't think we win by 40, but I think a ~19 point spread is reasonable. Work on our run game and let Russ work on not forcing each play to be a big one. We keep the clock running and it's a bit of a snoozer

Hawks - 27
Jags - 10 (Kick return or blown coverage for the TD)

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
I'm sure it's going to be a short week of film study for our boys. Wilson establishes rhythm (finally) by throwing for 4 TDs. Lynch runs to the century mark and adds another score. We're resting our offensive starters by the end of the third quarter. Defense completes the shutout; never allowing the Jaguars past the 40 yard line on the Seahawks 'side'.

38 - 0.

2-0.

the ditch

Reaction score
I think we get 40 on them, I have a feeling our offense will have a really good game.

Seahawks 41
Jaguars 7

I just don't see us losing this one, I know that historically high spread games don't work out well for the favourite but I think we do it.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
I just really hope we win. Because I don't want to hear about it if we don't.

It should not be ignored that the Jags are the ones getting screwed on a horrible road trip (flew out to Oakland last week and now have to fly out to Seattle this week) on top of being not very good. They are just in a bad situation. The Seahawks have no valid excuses to drop this one.

Seahawks 31
Jags 6

My record to Date: 1-1

EastCoastHawksFan

Reaction score
33-7 . Jags take 7-0 lead on there 1st drive ( big play) and fail to cross midfield after that

Sac

Reaction score
Seahawks run the ball 40+ times and amass over 200 yards on the ground and 3 rushing TDs.

Russell is 14 of 19 for 185 yards and 2TDs

Defense forces a few turnovers and a bunch of 3 and outs.

TOP: Seahawks 38 minutes, Jags 22 minutes

Seahawks win 38-0

WindCityHawk

Reaction score
I won't be so bold as to consider the Jags a non-team, and we should probably go ahead and play four quarters of football anyway, but I do think the Seahawks are the better team in every category. Combine that with the fact that Pete's probably preaching consistency and momentum as I type this and our defense already knows they have a shot at something special this season, and I think the Seahawks win Sunday. But who knows! Remember when the winless Dolphins had nothing to lose and unveiled the Wildcat offense against Peyton for 45 mins of possession time? It's a crazy game. Still and all:

Seahawks win:
27 - 6

I wouldn't be surprised if the coaching staff tried to win conservatively just to keep a few tricks up their sleeve for an additional week. Between that and the Jags offense struggling all day, it could actually make for a pretty boring game by the second half. Not that I'd complain as long as we got the win.

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
Jags defense is not "awful". They are ranked #9 overall on defense and #2 against the pass. Of course, the outlier (there always is one in statistics) is that they have played a meh offense (KC) and a bad one (OAK). They do have Gus Bradley who knows our offense really well. We have concerns on the offensive line and in general, with offensive cohesion and chemistry (mostly with Miller, Rice and Willson).

Of course, there is a huge gulf in the level of talent between these two franchises.

I think the Jags will score 10 or less points. Our defense will dominate. I think we continue to struggle on offense a bit...and I expect a healthy dose of runs.

Seahawks 26, Jags 6

gargantual

Reaction score
A shutout would sure be nice, but I feel safe in saying I really doubt their O scores in this one (so maybe a few fieldgoals).

Another nice aspect to this is that they have, what?, a top 10 D, right? Some good practice for the boys behind Russell, although not much chance of them getting to exercise Russell's greatest strength, "clutch-ness", since I can't imagine them playing from behind.

In days of old (not so long ago really), I would be scared to jinx them, but it's nice to start feeling alright about being cocky.

I say 31-0, Hawks all day.

Laloosh

Reaction score
I think we sit our starters in the 3rd quarter with a score of 35-6. Final score of 42-9.

drdiags

Reaction score
As I noted in another thread, when the Vegas spread is as large as it is for the Seahawks, which I read was 20 times, the last 8 teams failed to cover. You would think the team could cover this spread playing at home, early in the season but I think the Jags put it all on the line and ball out for Gus in his pseudo homecoming.

I think this will be one of those slowly building up the lead kind of game where the offense may get a few boos early but will have folks cheering later. That is my prediction.

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
I expect the Hawks to lead from the middle of the first quarter until the final whistle. Not sure it will be a massive blowout because I tend to think that Pete might be pretty conservative about running it up on Gus. 27-6 seems about right.

chris98251

Reaction score
Pete called out the offense after the 49er came and isn't happy, how to make Pappa Pete happy? Make an offensive statement against the Jags, bad timing Kitties, 52 to 3.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
San Francisco managed three points against our D, and they actually have talent. I don't see the Jags scoring at all.

They do, however, have something to offer on defense.

Seattle 24
Jacksonville 0

RTD: 1-1

Hawknballs

Reaction score
2-0

Hawks 31
Jaguars 10

I guess this is a blowout prediction despite my threat about not counting on one. But there were too many good points brought up regarding the fact that even if our offense runs the ball a lot to shorten the game, our defense is prone to making too many plays. I'm also a firm believer that the odds makers in vegas know what they are doing. I also forsee the 12's not relenting after earning the title belt as the worlds loudest fans, even if we are playing a sub-par AFC team.

I see our defense/ST either scoring 2 TDs, or putting our offense in great position to score them.

I have to give any NFL team the benefit of the doubt regardless of how down of a year they are having to have the ability to break one play for a TD.

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
chris98251":2hrnwabf said:
Pete called out the offense after the 49er came and isn't happy, how to make Pappa Pete happy? Make an offensive statement against the Jags, bad timing Kitties, 52 to 3.

The problem with the offense right now isn't needing to be "called out" or lack of effort. It's the disruption of reps and cohesion that comes from Zach Miller missing all of a camp, Sidney Rice missing all of camp, Luke Willson being a green rookie, Michael Robinson's absence and a rookie fullback (Derrick Coleman) being green, the offensive line suffering injuries and disruption, James Carpenter trying to get into playing shape, Russell Okung now being out and defenses playing Wilson much more aggressively this season.

Now, it's time for Bevell to adjust. He needs to get specific players involved earlier. There wasn't one pass thrown to Jermaine Kearse or Stephen Williams. Why not?

The offense will get better as the season evolves, no question. But defenses are also playing us tough. They need to find some rhythm and get back to the basics.

One thing I was very surprised with last week is that Wilson didn't keep the ball more on the read option. NBC did a great job of showing replays where he could have had HUGE gains multiple times if he would have held the ball, as 49ers were selling out to stop Lynch. I saw vast expanses of field turf wide open on several read option plays that would have easily gained 40+ yards each.