Aros' Fearless Prediction Thread (Pats @ Hawks) *SBXLIX!!*

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Both defenses are capable of shutting down the other teams offense but the mitigating factor is we have an offense that is versatile while the Seahawk offense completely revolves around Marshawns running game. My prediction is Patriots jump out to an early lead and don't give it up. Seahawks cannot fully commit to the run playing from behind and end up losing.
You were doing so well until you said this...remember this in 2012 the Seahawks were down 20-0 to Atlanta in the NFC Divisional Playoff game and came back and took the lead and it wasn't the offense that lost it right back for them. Or just go to this year's NFCCG down 16-0 and still never abandoned the run and won the game. Lynch had something like 157 yards iirc.

marko358

Reaction score
Gronkzilla":j7obavh5 said:
Seahawks cannot fully commit to the run playing from behind and end up losing.

True. There is no evidence of them being able to continue running the ball while behind in the game.

**Cough** 4th quarter of their last game **Cough**

Gronkzilla

Reaction score
marko358":197krqss said:
Gronkzilla":197krqss said:

True. There is no evidence of them being able to continue running the ball while behind in the game.

Oh wait... you guys are referring to the game that the Packers wrapped up in a bow and handed to you? gotcha...... lol

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Gronkzilla":3l2kcu9c said:
marko358":3l2kcu9c said:
Gronkzilla":3l2kcu9c said:

Oh wait... you guys are referring to the game that the Packers wrapped up in a bow and handed to you? gotcha...... lol
A win is a win and this isn't the NCAA so style points don't matter sweetie. Something I think the media is having a hard time grasping this week obviously.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
Gronkzilla":q8ea49q3 said:
marko358":q8ea49q3 said:
Gronkzilla":q8ea49q3 said:

A simple "I was wrong" would have sufficed.

TOPHawk

Reaction score
31-17 Seahawks.

Gonna be close at halftime...then Seattle will break it open with a defensive touchdown in the 3rd. Lynch will take it over from there.

NE will have a garbage time TD late in the game.

raisethe3

Reaction score
It won't be a blow out, so I'll say:

Hawks- 24
Cheatriots- 17

LTH

Reaction score
IMO a factor that people are over looking is Carroll being fired by NE... I dont care what Carroll says.. He is a competitor and this game has lit the fire under him... I expect Carroll to have a masterful game plan... Carroll will be the MVP of this game

Hawks 38-17

kf3339

Reaction score
I just don't think the Patriots are any better than Denver last year. So I'm going with the Hawks winning by 34-12. They score a meaningless TD late against our second string secondary, but miss the two point conversion attempt.

Even that score is being nice.

Bigbadhawk

Reaction score
34-20 Hawks. Lynch with 22 rushing attempts for 130 yards, 2 catches for 25 yards receiving, 3 td's and is the Super Bowl XLIV MVP

Greenhell

Reaction score
Hawk_Nation":3sl0i225 said:
egad.... This game has me worried, not just because its the biggest game of the year but it's because I feel the Patriots will be the biggest test we will have faced this year.

I hate to say this, but I have a gut feeling this ends with a last minute FG by the Pats to squeak one out.

I HOPE IM WRONG.

Pats 23
Hawks 21

I don't like you at this moment. :sarcasm_off:

Cyrus12

Reaction score
I am worried about this one, probably more so than last year because we are a lot more banged up and do not have the depth from last year especially at DT, WR, TE, and KR/PR..... RW and the offence cannot have the same start as the last game or its over. Beastmode has to be on all day. Hawks can't let Brady feel comfortable in the pocket. Seahawks have to play a complete game to win because there will not be any last 5 minutes heroics again.

24-20 Seahawks.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
The_Z_Man":15cniare said:
I have never, and I repeat, NEVER seen a team this banged up win a Superbowl. It defies all logic and reason to expect 3rd, 4th, and 5th string defensive tackles to collapse the pocket on Brady in a game where the officials will never call holding on the Patriots O line.

Um. Wat.

Kevin Williams has replaced Mebane completely fine. Are we missing Hill? Sure. But aside from Thomas' shoulder injury.. this team is completely healthy. And I have zero fear in Earl's play being hindered at all on Sunday.

Not to mention the FU mentality the Patriots got from the deflated balls incident.

*Yawn* It's the Super Bowl. If they needed motivation for this game.. they were already screwed. You could make the same weak argument for the Seahawks after the Marshawn Lynch/media fiasco

Seahawk recievers will not be able to exploit NE DB's like they did the aging bronco's secondary. Wilson will have nowhere to throw the football.

K.

Not to mention the false bravado around here... folks are freaking out so much about the inflated football thing not because they are morally offended, but because they are worried about losing to the Patriots.

I guess I missed the memo where fan bravado directly correlates into a victory or a loss. :lol:

I haven't felt this way about a Seahawk game since we beat the Saints and went into frozen Chicago with an 8 - 9 record.

Or since the NFC CG.. when you did this same thing.

2013-11-18-21_59_49.0.gif

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Gronkzilla":2a6dy6z9 said:
Reading various topics in this forum it is clear that the Seahawks nation has little to no idea what they will be facing on Sunday. The comparisons of this Patriots team with the Broncos or Packers is completely laughable, the similarities are few and far between.

This Sunday, hawk is on the menu.

I agree.. comparing the Packers to the Patriots is laughable.. because the Packers beat you.

Just like last year, the real Super Bowl came two weeks before Sunday.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
Seattle's offensive plan: Feed Marshawn, add a dash of Turbin and Michael, then go back to Marshawn.

On the defensive side, they are playing a team that has cut out fumbles by deflating the ball. Expect at least 3 to hit the turf and multiple drops. Brady will dink and dunk while our team hammers their receivers. At some point, he will throw a tantrum as his wont. And Blount is big but not fast. Gang tackling wins.

28 - 19 Seattle.

CamanoIslandJQ

Reaction score
Seahawks 31, Patriots 21.

With less than 2 minutes left in the game the score will be 24-21 Seahawks. A pick-6 by Sherman will make the final 31-21. "You mad Bro #2", Let it be so.

Latest posts