Aros' Fearless Prediction Thread (Saints @ Seahawks)

djb28

Reaction score
I get real nervous when I see confidence oozing all over the place.
Hawks 28
saints 30

jammerhawk

Reaction score
The Saints are a finesse O playing against our very physical D. My prediction is our Hawks are going to mess them up and ring a few bells Brees will be lucky to escape this game not limping or facing a 'head injury' or worse.

The D will make them one dimensional and then shut down Brees and their passing game too? The DBs will have a big game and will have several takeaways

Vegas says the spread is -6.5 Seahawks. I think Aros has it right and the team will win big.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
RolandDeschain":2olqer8h said:
38-17 Seahawks. They're about to be outclassed in front of the country. Just watch.

Thank you. I too see it coming.

Zorn76

Reaction score
I've seen some amazing stat arguments regarding this game since I joined this site a few days ago.

People analyzing and over analyzing this, that, and the other, mostly from Saints' fans, seemingly using fantasy league logic to predict the outcome.

They dismiss the fact that they have been less than stellar the last 2 weeks, with a questionable call to avoid a certain loss vs the 49ers at home, and a performance so lackluster in Atlanta that they were trailing to the (then) 2-8 lowly Falcons at halftime.

But, now, they are suddenly going to become a road juggernaut by beating the Seahawks in Seattle, a game which will be played in sub 40 degree weather, getting colder as the night goes on?

Right.

Seahawks, 31-20.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Zorn76":1akajux3 said:
I've seen some amazing stat arguments regarding this game since I joined this site a few days ago.

People analyzing and over analyzing this, that, and the other, mostly from Saints' fans, seemingly using fantasy league logic to predict the outcome.

They dismiss the fact that they have been less than stellar the last 2 weeks, with a questionable call to avoid a certain loss vs the 49ers at home, and a performance so lackluster in Atlanta that they were trailing to the (then) 2-8 lowly Falcons at halftime.

But, now, they are suddenly going to become a road juggernaut by beating the Seahawks in Seattle, a game which will be played in sub 40 degree weather, getting colder as the night goes on?

Right.

Seahawks, 31-20.

Exactly! The Saints score 17 points IN A DOME against their bitter rivals and we should expect them to magically come to the most INTIMIDATING PLACE TO PLAY IN THE ENTIRE NFL, against the #2 defense in the NFL, in the freezing cold and, what? Double that or something?!?! (S)AINT GONNA HAPPEN!

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
New Orleans ranks dead last in Red Zone Efficiency on the road. I see them making a few drives downfield and walking away with FG's. Their rush defense is 30th in the league. Big day for Lynch. So that means time of possession and less chances for Brees to drive down and get a FG.

Final score: Seattle 30 New Orleans 16.

SilkMonkey

Reaction score
I picked this as a close loss pre-season back when the schedule was initially released. My opinion has shifted a little bit after seeing how our offense has been rolling the last few weeks. We've looked like we can beat anyone the last two weeks.

While I would feel better with BB/WT3...

Saints: 28
Seahawks: 34

Record to date: ???

HawkWow

Reaction score
31-17 and we will control the game from post to post. Thanks in advance to those that will be in attendance!

AsylumGuido

Reaction score
As we all know, given a very few exception every season, all NFL teams are fairly close in their talent pools. Each team begins the year with returning players and incoming free agents and rookies. How this talent pool is utilized and motivated reflects the success they achieve. This depends upon training and coaching. Getting each player to achieve their highest potential physically and schematically in vital. Getting each player to mentally excel is a goal most franchises fail to reach. The Saints have had the added motivation to achieve these higher goals and are on the path to take the individual steps to achieve that overall goal. The Seahawks are now the next step in that journey.

I will not venture any guess at the final score as I feel the Saints will react to how the game plays out and come out on top. That my very well be with a 35-17 score, a 23-21 score or a lowly 17-16 affair, but I feel confident the Saints will come out on top in the end.

AsylumGuido

Reaction score
Zorn76":1mx6q4tl said:

Right.

Seahawks, 31-20.

Welcome to the .NET! One of the finest sites in the league.

What you need to step back and realize is that games between divisional rivals in the NFC South are almost always close. I respect and expect your feeling on the outcome. None of us will really know until it is over. But, I have been watching the NFL for 50 years now and one thing I can state as a fact is that you can NEVER base anything that happens in a given game on anything that had taken place in the past. You are dealing with far too many factors. Yes, weather can be a factor, but that can affect players on both teams. Experience also comes into play, as does focus.

The weather is what it will be. The experience lies with the veteran squad of the Saints. The focus is the above and beyond and I know who I will have my money on there.

Joey13091

Reaction score
saints2k8":3tol6fzw said:
Brees career vs Seahawks
31 PPG
11 TD 3 INT

His offenses don't ever have problems against Seattle. home or away.

23-20 Saints (we have a defense this time)

Yeah because all of that was against the same players.

Irrelevant.

Latest posts