At what point do you call someone a bandwaggoner?

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
I think Bandwagon would be a fan who only cheers for a team when they are good and if they are bad they either have little interest or root for another team

randomation

Reaction score
< Bandwagon since you guys drafted RW never really followed pro football since I love the qb position and the last time the Badgers had an actually starting caliber nfl qb before Russ was never, also he is just an awesome person period.

randomation

Reaction score
YYZHawksFan":3o9ofwsr said:
I know a guy that is always (I) cheering for the winning team or (II) cheering against the team I cheer for. It gets boring.

I have seen the canucks loose, in person, 5 Stanley cup games, 2 in 82, 1 in 94 and 2 in 11....in Boston...it sucks. But I will always cheer for the buggers. That is why I understood the pain of the broncos fans. It sucks to loose but I have been there...that is why in NYC, the win was so great. I really only knew the hawks as a team....I can not lie that I did jump on the Montana bus....(gomenasai)

I also definitely know someone like that the guy roots against the Badgers in literally everything and the Hawks as well since they drafted RW it gets incredibly annoying, the worst part is if my teams aren't playing his I will cheer for them just because that's what friends are supposed to do isn't it?

JaiSeaSea

Reaction score
As far as gear goes, I believe even "die hard" fans of certain teams can still be a fan of certain players on other teams and rock their jersey. However it should be after they retire ;)

I want a Bo Jackson (one of my favorites growing up) & Barry Sanders.
Hell, I wouldn't mind having a Montana jersey.. Who the eff am I kidding. I couldn't bear putting red and gold on... :throwup: :pukeface: :49ersmall:

TriCHawk

Reaction score
I don't really care when someone decides to root for the team. But if you're going to beat your chest as a fan, then you should be prepared to suck it up when times get tough and not jump ship. We all hopped on the bandwagon at some point (80's for me). It's the fair-weather fans that annoy me.

willyum

Reaction score
so more manpower for Seattle home games is a bad thing. ok prick

TXHawkFan

Reaction score
You WANT people to jump on the bandwagon when the team has some success because that's how you build a fanbase.

How large was the Patriots' fanbase prior to the Bellichick/Brady era? Or the 49ers' before Walsh/Montana? Or the Saints' prior to Payton/Brees. Not very. They were all sad sack franchises prior to that with small regional fanbases. Some will leave when a team goes into decline but many will stay until the next cycle of success grows it further.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
Who cares... it's just a label.

But what bothers me is when opposing team fans... think Denver in this case both before and after the SB... piss and moan on their board about all the bandwaggon Seattle fans... as if all of the Denver fans go back to at least the Elway era... and all of Seattle's fans became fans this year.

In reality, Seattle gained a lot of fans this year and so did Denver.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
I try not to care.

I came to the realization that bandwagon fans will never experience the highs or the lows that a real fan does.

The joy we felt during the Super Bowl was something that a bandwagon fan can never and will never experience. That's their loss, so I'm fine with it. They can cheer all they want during the good times. They'll never get to enjoy it like I do.

seahawks08

Reaction score
Here is my definition, someone who does not believe or support this team during difficult times. People becomes fans at different times depending on when they get interested, but the ability to digest losses and still cheer and be engaged with other fans and show your pride is what defines a die hard fan.

MVP53

Reaction score
Every fan's gotta start somewhere. Today's "bandwagons" could be the next "die hards". And today's "die hards" could have been considered a "bandwagon" at one point.

Mindsink

Reaction score
YYZHawksFan":1b2eys8w said:
It's more what you do when your team starts losing.

I remember in the 90s, it was practically a foregone conclusion that the Seahawks won't make the playoffs, let alone make a run for a Super Bowl.

Those days, I didn't care if the team won or lost. I only cared how many yards Chris Warren rushed for and how many touchdowns he'd score.

Spiderdan

Reaction score
I call someone a bandwagonner when they start cheering when we're on offense.

drdiags

Reaction score
When they try telling me how I should support the team.

To me, part of the joy of winning it all is knowing the pain it took to get to the mountain top. But that doesn't mean others have to go through that same crucible just to enjoy and share in the team's success.

In a way, the innocence of not experiencing a championship tested your faith that it would ever be experienced. It's like chasing the gorgeous woman, not knowing if you have what it takes. Once attained, it doesn't seem like such an impossible task to do again in the future. Challenge accepted and met. What's next?

I begrudge no fan that shares my hope that the team is successful.

chris98251

Reaction score
The satisfaction a long time fan gets when there team wins it all can only be described as a special event, so called bandwagon fans may celebrate it, but long time fans get a deeper joy and satisfaction knowing they have been there always, those that know what I am talking about can share it with others that have been there and understand it, those new to the team won't be able to fathom the depths of those feelings.

Dismas

Reaction score
Never.

Every single one of us was a brand new Seahawk fan once.
Some of you in 1976.
Some of us later.
Some just very recently.

The more the merrier in my book!