At what point do you call someone a bandwaggoner?

Hawkboi

Reaction score
If you're a fan you're a fan, so jump on the wagon... We hope it's a great ride!!! :thirishdrinkers:

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
I'm handing cheese fries to a guy last night as I compliment his #3 jersey, and the guy behind him in the concessions line mutters "bandwagoner". I looked straight at him and went "Buddy, I stuck it out through '09."

fenderbender123

Reaction score
When I lived in Washington, I used to complain when nobody would care about the Seahawks, Sonics, Mariners, Huskies, etc whenever there was a big game or they were headed to the post season. I would wind up watching a lot of games by myself. So, now that people do care...it wouldn't be right for me to complain. The more people I can share the enjoyment of these teams with, the better.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
fenderbender123":1ejy8gsx said:
When I lived in Washington, I used to complain when nobody would care about the Seahawks, Sonics, Mariners, Huskies, etc whenever there was a big game or they were headed to the post season. I would wind up watching a lot of games by myself. So, now that people do care...it wouldn't be right for me to complain. The more people I can share the enjoyment of these teams with, the better.

The bigger the fan base, the better. The increase in bandwagon fans is a positive sign, IMO. It means we are relevant.

Minne

Reaction score
i really dont like bandwagon fans. its not ok to say the hawks suck or are garbage or not like them because there a losing team then all of a sudden love them because they are good. pretty much being a follower because everyone else is doing it.

SilkMonkey

Reaction score
Everyone hops on at some point. If they come off they might be a bandwagonner.

I hopped on in high school (mid 2000s) and have stayed on even with the disaster that Ruskell was responsible for.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
BleedGreenNblue":38iit6qi said:
I have the perfect definition. My buddy. Diehard redskins fan the entire time we served together in the army. "RG3 is the next Jesus..Yada yada" Aint heard from him in a year. Found him on facebook decked out in Seahawks gear. Head to toe.
This would be one to me,I have seen guys do this that were Colts fans and next thing you know..Steeler fans ..Crazy

Kaiser

Reaction score
My cousins are bandwagoners. They bought #12 jerseys and hats, went to some games, all with zero concept of the game, because it was popular the last few years. And now they are fans. Stupid team success making new hawk fans boils my blood!

AbsolutNET

Reaction score
Kaiser":29u2ron5 said:
My cousins are bandwagoners. They bought #12 jerseys and hats, went to some games, all with zero concept of the game, because it was popular the last few years. And now they are fans. Stupid team success making new hawk fans boils my blood!

Would you rather the Hawks were a crappy team without bandwagon fans?

lsheldon

Reaction score
We just had relatives come into town from South Dakota, Oregon, and Arizona for my mothers 80th birthday. They spent a week here and several of them were rocking some Seahawks Super Bowl gear. That would be my definition of a bandwagon fan, but I'm not going to call them out on it. If they want to rep our team out of state then good for them. It doesn't really matter one way or the other, the more the merrier.

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
theascension":2h4oyufo said:
At what point do you call someone a bandwaggoner?

When they're far enough from your face that they can't punch you.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Hawkstorian":2m1sihf9 said:
You would call someone a bandwaggoner if you are personally insecure about your own fandom.
This seems to answer the question nicely. Then again the more the merrier works for me. Our bus is large and it has plenty of seats.:)

stonewallj799

Reaction score
I'm fine with being called a band wagoner. I feel like you have to earn your fandom in some way. I started following the hawks because of Russell but it became full blown obsession after I watched the whole season last year. I couldn't help getting sucked in by the character of and character's on this team. This fan base has blown me away with the passion and dedication to its team. It really does feel like a college football passion. My only comparison is with college football because that is my first love (Wisco). Other Pro team fans just don't compare in my experience interacting with them. I plan on going to a game at the Clink next year.

I will admit to hating on other people who become fans of perennial winners Yankee, Duke, etc.... In those instances its usually because they have no connection to the city/school and just want to cheer for winners. Maybe I have to rethink that now but I still don't consider my situation the same as that. I came to the Hawks to cheer on a player before he was anything of a sure thing and they perfected their dominance around him/because of him. Its easy to say now but I will stick with this team from here on out. Thing is I don't think I will have a chance to cheer for them when they are down for awhile so I will have to suffer through this era :sarcasm_on:

Seriously though 12's are the best. Thanks for being such amazing gracious fans.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
dbmack":2rdkjinx said:
theascension":2rdkjinx said:
If they don't know what the beastquake was? If they don't remember the stinging loss of XL? If they don't know Largent's stat line? Or if they've only been watching since Russell Wilson got drafted?
I have been a Seahawks fan for 38 years and I don't know Largent's stat line.

Dude! Can you make me a 28 year one? Fan since 86,,,,, from New York born in 76,,,, perfect match.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":gyt5qz2a said:
Enjoy the ride Stonewall (even those old 38's were bandwagon fans back in prehistoric times (1976)).;)
Ha Ha..Not by choice,before 76 all we had was other teams but good one KC :stirthepot:

Latest posts