At what point does Tanner McEvoy get the start?

redeye81

Reaction score
Something has to change on offense. Not sure they have the balls to make a change like this but why not give the guy that has produced when given a chance a shot?

Maybe it's too soon but man we need to be bold in my opinion..

hawkfannj

Reaction score
Cyrus12":3a4wnl3h said:
when they finally give up on Kearse.
I know the guy has made some huge plays for us but I think it's time to move on

MrThortan

Reaction score
Kearse has been bad this year. BAD. He still has some fluke catches in him. The Kearse curse.

Tanner McEvoy should already be ahead of P-Rich. Hopefully he will be first next year. He seems to have the measurables and skills to really make a career for himself. I know Pete likes to say, "always compete".... but we will see.

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
MrThortan":31wmiane said:
Kearse has been bad this year. BAD. He still has some fluke catches in him. The Kearse curse.

Tanner McEvoy should already be ahead of P-Rich. Hopefully he will be first next year. He seems to have the measurables and skills to really make a career for himself. I know Pete likes to say, "always compete".... but we will see.

Kearse is now last in WR's in PFF score.

Theres alot of WR's in the league so...

hawk45

Reaction score
Kearse may be a great little blocker but a sure handed receiver with some height seems like it would come in handy.
And Russ seems to throw to mcevoy too. It's not like prich. Maybe prich is good maybe he isn't but Russ won't throw at him so who cares.

Ozzy

Reaction score
He should be starting now.

WestcoastSteve

Reaction score
MrThortan":23w13g6e said:

Fluke catches in him? Give me a guy who can make the plays he should. Kearses fluky positive plays are offset by the easy ones he drops.

sutz

Reaction score
The whole concept of the term "starter" doesn't mean much any more. Having said that, I would agree that McEvoy has earned the right to more playing time.

northseahawk

Reaction score
Its because of the damn "friendship" kearse has made with RW and DB. They don't have the balls to admit he is just the weakest link on the offense. FUDGE his blocking and damn "dirty work" that they are always praising. I believe Tanner will do as well in that department plus get open when he has to.

rcaido

Reaction score
You can still start Curse but give Mcevoy half his snaps & 3rd down plays.

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
Snap counts for McEvoy for the year:

Tanner McEvoy 2016 snaps

Note, many of his snaps early in the season were at TE to spell Graham and to fill in for Vannett.

His snap counts have been rising pretty well, with the Bucs being a bit of an outlier.

Seattle looks like they are bringing him along just as we'd hope. Kind of slowly but now giving him more opportunities as he's been earning them. If we consider that his experience was extremely limited coming in, and he wasn't even settled on offense or defense until partway through TC (and is he a TE, WR or both even now?) -- if we consider all that then I think we can conclude that McEvoy is going to be a player for us going forward.

I don't know if he'll take Kearse's snaps. Although consider:

Kearse's snaps:

Jermaine Kearse 2016 snaps

Richardson's snaps:

Paul Richardson 2016 snaps

You can see both Kearse and Richardson's snap counts have dropped from the early in the season while McEvoy's have increased. So it looks like he's getting more looks and should conceivably continue the trend. Especially as he's delivering very well despite modest opportunity.

Seymour

Reaction score
I gotta wonder if he can get his eyes re-flashed. That was good for one decent season.

semiahmoo

Reaction score
Attyla the Hawk":3gs74jgl said:
Snap counts for McEvoy for the year:

View attachment 2

Note, many of his snaps early in the season were at TE to spell Graham and to fill in for Vannett.

His snap counts have been rising pretty well, with the Bucs being a bit of an outlier.

Seattle looks like they are bringing him along just as we'd hope. Kind of slowly but now giving him more opportunities as he's been earning them. If we consider that his experience was extremely limited coming in, and he wasn't even settled on offense or defense until partway through TC (and is he a TE, WR or both even now?) -- if we consider all that then I think we can conclude that McEvoy is going to be a player for us going forward.

I don't know if he'll take Kearse's snaps. Although consider:

Kearse's snaps:

View attachment 1

Richardson's snaps:

You can see both Kearse and Richardson's snap counts have dropped from the early in the season while McEvoy's have increased. So it looks like he's getting more looks and should conceivably continue the trend. Especially as he's delivering very well despite modest opportunity.

He has great potential and now appears to be getting his shot - well deserved. Love to see him and Jimmy on the field together w/Baldwin and Lockett. Super tough match-up issues for opposing defenses. Now if we could give RW a few more seconds to himself in the pocket, we might take this thing to another level.

Latest posts