Atlanta - Green Bay

HawksBrazil

Reaction score
replicant":3utvjb5c said:
Could that be a safety? He recovered at the 1 and rolled in to the end zone and then was touched.

I thought the same thing, and was surprised there was not even a comment on that.

uncle fester

Reaction score
How is that not a safety? Had to have control outside the end zone, as he them got up & carried it into the end zone...?

Confuzzed.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
And now Troy, here's a live look at RolandDeschain in his home watching the way this game is going:

f6f.gif

WindCityHawk

Reaction score
uncle fester":19ljh6y4 said:
How is that not a safety? Had to have control outside the end zone, as he them got up & carried it into the end zone...?

Confuzzed.

My understanding is that a safety is when a defense pushes an offense back into their endzone. It's a reward to the defense for being so dominating. To that end then, you can't have a safety levelled against you when your defense is on the field. If it was a safety, then GB would have been awarded two points for fumbling and losing the ball, which would make no sense.

That's my understanding of the rule, and the logic behind it, anyway.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
You can't lay ALL this on the feet of the defense, it's a career stat. TL;DNR version: Rodgers is good but not as good as people think in some ways.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/FO_ScottKacsmar/status/822940644918362113[/tweet]

Jerhawk

Reaction score
The last time the Falcons were in an NFCCG in 2013, San Fran came back down 17-0.

Hopefully they hang on this time. Let's go Falcons!

MD5eahawks

Reaction score
WindCityHawk":385ydelz said:
uncle fester":385ydelz said:

Confuzzed.

My understanding is that a safety is when a defense pushes an offense back into their endzone. It's a reward to the defense for being so dominating. To that end then, you can't have a safety levelled against you when your defense is on the field. If it was a safety, then GB would have been awarded two points for fumbling and losing the ball, which would make no sense.

I don't think it had anything to do with being on offense or defense. The replay showed me his foot was in the endzone when he first got possession anyway and that is a touchback.

MD5eahawks

Reaction score
Seanhawk":yqxgmzjf said:
Not rooting for the Pack, but I hope the Falcons lose. Their fans that invaded here last week were awful.
Every team has their fair share of douchebag fans. Even the Seahawks. I have no problem pulling for the Falcons. I do not want my Super Bowl Sunday to be a love fest of Brady/Ben/Rogers. I'll worry about hatin on the Falcons after a couple more years of their success or if they develop a habit of beating our Hawks in the playoffs. 2 is my limit. 3 becomes a habit.

MD5eahawks

Reaction score
Out of bounds

edit:upon further review- touchdown. That's gonna be talked about in GB. Won't matter though.

chris98251

Reaction score
The cut away before commercial or Aaron Rogers face was worth 10 points alone :)

lsheldon

Reaction score
I just had a vision of 3 million Wisconsin cheeseeheads getting ready to pitch the flat screen out the front door of the double wide.

ludakrishna

Reaction score
Dan Quinn :179417: :179417: What a great coach can do with sub-average overall talent on defense. We have more talent than ATL on defense even without Earl....but we got destroyed by Erin whereas ATL has shut them down. Pete's time is up because he won't adjust his figured out scheme.

MD5eahawks

Reaction score
chris98251":m49e04sf said:
The cut away before commercial or Aaron Rogers face was worth 10 points alone :)
Sometimes misery can be comforting. That cut away made me comfy.

chris98251

Reaction score
lsheldon":11eemk8w said:
I just had a vision of 3 million Wisconsin cheeseeheads getting ready to pitch the flat screen out the front door of the double wide.

Your incorrect. They are pitching these.

lsheldon

Reaction score
chris98251":166v2xxv said:
lsheldon":166v2xxv said:

Your incorrect. They are pitching these.

I was talking about the guys in the double wides, guys in the single wides are chucking tubes.

HawksBrazil

Reaction score
MD5eahawks":1wuy9vyv said:
WindCityHawk":1wuy9vyv said:
uncle fester":1wuy9vyv said:

Confuzzed.

I don't think it had anything to do with being on offense or defense. The replay showed me his foot was in the endzone when he first got possession anyway and that is a touchback.

I'm not 100% sure, but I think it's not about his body, but rather the ball. I have not seen a replay yet, but he seemed to have possession with the ball a couple yards away from the goal line. Then he rolled to the endzone, in what would be a safety.
Not that I'm complaining, but it does seem to have played a role in the game. 10x2 with the ball as opposed to 17x0 is a pretty large difference If you ask me.