Atlanta the most balanced NFC team ?

kobebryant

Reaction score
That defense is going to get better every week because they are playing young guys who get better as the gain experience. Beasley, Jarrett, Jones,Campbell, Neal, Collins. Their defensive split from the beginning of the season to now is indicative of how their young guys worked through some early growing pains.

Reminds me a bit of how Earl,Sherm, Kam,Bruce, Thurm/Maxy,Malcolm, Wagner, Wright got better and better the more they played.

FalconsFanNW

Reaction score
Couldn't agree more 5GR...

.... and he's been doing it all season which is why he's the 2016 MVP.

May the football gods shine down on us for 2 more games... all the talk is about Rodgers and his hot streak... but Ryan is on a HOTTER streak.

Can't wait till Sunday...

@Kobe

Yeah I love this young defense we have... lots of speed and has been getting better every week. The last couple drafts have been great... and with a more more pieces OMG this D is gonna be out of this world.

OP
OP
bigskydoc

bigskydoc

Reaction score
Ryan is the best QB in football right now, and he was consistently the best throughout the season. Rogers came on at the end of the year, and has been red hot. However, Atlanta's defense has started to light it up as well, whereas Rogers' defense is a steaming turd. Even though I think Ryan is better, and has had significantly better consistency for the entire season, I bet Rogers gets the MVP nod because (as much as it pains me to admit it) he really is carrying the entire team on his back at the end of the year when the MVP voting happens.

I :pukeface: on the slobfest of media regarding Rogers, but I think he really is more important to the Packers success than Ryan is to the Falcons success. There are few QB's who could lead this Packers team on an end of the season run like Rogers did. Put a good, but not all-time great, QB on both teams, and I bet the Falcons end up with a better record over the course of 5 games. In the playoffs, I'm sure either team loses if their QB goes down.

I would say QB of the year Ryan, MVP Rogers.

Although Brady may have something to say about it. :pukeface:

PackerNation

Reaction score
FalconsFanNW":3jl677rq said:
KimboBlubbeus":3jl677rq said:
As a Dallas fan, they are definitely a scary team that nobody is really talking about. Even before today's game, their offense has looked explosive all season.

-Only 5 times this season + postseason have they been held under thirty

-Only once have they been held below 20 points (Philadelphia)

But yet the media continues to slobber all over Rodgers and the Packers for the hot streak Rodgers is on.

Does anyone realize Ryan is on the same hot streak? You wouldn't know it by how the Packers are plastered all over the front page.

It's ok though...we've been under the radar all year.

Not sure why Atlanta is not getting more accolades. That offense is scary, Ryan playing the best he ever has and a good defense as well. The overall make up of your talent at almost all levels is equal to or better than Green Bay.

Still, this is a playoff game. Atlanta will be feeling the pressure a little more than Green Bay, I suspect. If Green Bay does pull off the win, I will consider it an upset or even an Atlanta choke. We'll see how it plays out. I think it will be a shoot out. 45-42 would not surprise me at all.

Ryan should be MVP because he's carried this team with his play the entire season.

He didn't miss 4 games like Brady.

He didn't show up for the last half of the season like Rodgers.

I can't wait for this game Sunday. Ryan vs Green Bay's 31st ranked pass defense. Our improved D vs Rodgers. Our receivers. Our run game. We are better in so many areas. There's no reason for me not to be confident.

I don't expect Rodgers to be shut down. I do expect him to be contained and Atlanta to get the W.

Go Falcons!

Ryan, MVP for sure. With that said, come playoff time, I'll take a healthy Rodgers over anyone in the NFL, no matter how bad he played all season. Rodgers is pretty good under pressure and while Ryan has played great, he is still no Aaron Rodgers. Our defense has been garbage all year and playing beat up but here we are. Our offense has been playing without an actual RB most of the year but they still find ways to score.

I think it will be a great game. Good luck this Sunday to all the Falcon fans. No matter what happens, I think we can both be proud of our teams. It's been a great year and it's not over yet!

FalconsFanNW

Reaction score
Good post PackerNation and good luck as well!

I agree with a lot you said... especially the part about "The overall make up of your talent at almost all levels is equal to or better than Green Bay." Both QBs have been playing lights out but I think Atlanta has the edge in pretty much every other area... from defense to running backs to receivers.

Tons of respect for Rodgers and I am looking forward to a great game! Been an amazing season and it's not over!

#RISEUP
#QUINNING

chris98251

Reaction score
Falcons are not a team that's considered a Ratings team, we know the feeling, Packers and "The Frozen Tundra" of Lambough Field is a legendary team that if they sniff playoffs will get more attention.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
FalconsFanNW, I'm blaming you if the Packers win. To hell with them and their arrogant QB; hope your team takes care of business.

FalconsFanNW

Reaction score
chris98251":1o9kqpp6 said:
Falcons are not a team that's considered a Ratings team, we know the feeling, Packers and "The Frozen Tundra" of Lambough Field is a legendary team that if they sniff playoffs will get more attention.

Makes sense.

RolandDeschain":1o9kqpp6 said:
FalconsFanNW, I'm blaming you if the Packers win. To hell with them and their arrogant QB; hope your team takes care of business.

I hope so too.

Ryan vs Rodgers = even

Everything else from running backs to receivers to defense = advantage Falcons

Home field = Falcons

Healthier team = Falcons

Not really a reason for me not to be confident the Falcons will punch their ticket to Super Bowl LI. As long as the Falcons play their game and don't beat themselves...

IndyHawk

Reaction score
I'm more impressed with Erin..His line has been beat up.Wr's beat up and no real Rb's..We all know he's passing and still he gets it done.I can't stand him but he ran the table and here they are.Ryan has done a great job but he has a great line,good Rb's and everyone can catch so he had an easier go of it that is for sure.I do think the Packs run ends on Sunday because it's the Falcons year in the NFC

FalconsFanNW

Reaction score
IndyHawk":pmpbkyl8 said:
I do think the Packs run ends on Sunday because it's the Falcons year in the NFC

I certainly hope so. :mrgreen:

One of the more telling stats about the Falcons attack is the fact they were 3rd in passing yards... despite being 26th in passing attempts.

Freeman and Coleman are an incredible 1-2 rushing combo... 1600 rushing yards between them and another 900 yards in receiving.

The air attack is well balanced...

Jones 83 REC 1409 YDS 17.0 AVG 6 TDs 20+ plays 27
Sanu 59 REC 653 YDS 11.1 AVG 4 TDs 20+ plays 6
Gabriel 35 REC 579 YDS 16.5 AVG 6 TDs 20+ plays 8

Julio averaged 100 YPG... and had 5 games with less than 60 yards and 2 games he DNP... Falcons won them all.

The Browns cut Gabriel... LOL

Atlanta is starved for a championship... if the Falcons pull this off Quinn will probably get a lifetime contract.

OP
OP
bigskydoc

bigskydoc

Reaction score
And that is why Ryan won't be MVP, unless he wins the NFCCG and Superb Owl in stunning fashion

FalconsFanNW

Reaction score
bigskydoc":1xa4stdc said:
And that is why Ryan won't be MVP, unless he wins the NFCCG and Superb Owl in stunning fashion

You're joking right?

Who's MVP?

12 game Brady?

8 game Rodgers?

or 16 game Ryan?

The fact he was voted 1st team All Pro ahead of Brady and Rodgers is a pretty good hint at to which way the MVP vote is gonna go... which is also decided before the playoffs and announced prior to the Super Bowl.

OP
OP
bigskydoc

bigskydoc

Reaction score
No, not kidding. At this point, I'm betting it will be whichever QB wins the Superb Owl in dominant fashion. If it's a dud of a game, then it goes to Rogers whether he makes it into the Bowl or not. Ryan will be the victim of the fact that he has a dominant running game, and an otherwise balanced team. Rogers will get the vote for taking the team on his back and running the table with a team that has no running game and minimal defense. Right or wrong, the hot hand always gets the MVP.

Replace Ryan with any true franchise level QB and the Falcons still take home a large number of wins.

Replace Rogers with franchise level, but not top tier, QB and they don't go on the end of the year run.

I don't particularly like it, but I do think that Rogers is more valuable to the Packers than Ryan is to the Falcons.

Go dirty birds, get that trophy and get that MVP for Ryan

FalconsFanNW

Reaction score
bigskydoc":25nllw9w said:
No, not kidding. At this point, I'm betting it will be whichever QB wins the Superb Owl in dominant fashion. If it's a dud of a game, then it goes to Rogers whether he makes it into the Bowl or not. Ryan will be the victim of the fact that he has a dominant running game, and an otherwise balanced team. Rogers will get the vote for taking the team on his back and running the table with a team that has no running game and minimal defense. Right or wrong, the hot hand always gets the MVP.

Replace Ryan with any true franchise level QB and the Falcons still take home a large number of wins.

Replace Rogers with franchise level, but not top tier, QB and they don't go on the end of the year run.

I don't particularly like it, but I do think that Rogers is more valuable to the Packers than Ryan is to the Falcons.

Go dirty birds, get that trophy and get that MVP for Ryan

The MVP award is supposedly for 16 games... not the last half of the season like Rodgers this year... (and Wilson last year for that matter)

It's also supposedly voted on by the end of the regular season and announced the day before the Super Bowl... with playoff games not factoring into the vote.

That being said, there's no way Ryan shouldn't win... for reasons I said earlier. (12 game Brady, 8 game Rodgers, 16 game Ryan)

Not that I don't agree with what you said about Rodgers being more valuable to the Packers... cuz I kinda do. Atlanta does have a lot more weapons. Doesn't mean though that Ryan shouldn't win the MVP because he's been amazing all season.

Now he needs to bring home the Lombardi.

Go Falcons!

OP
OP
bigskydoc

bigskydoc

Reaction score
Didn't realize the voting was supposed to take place before the playoffs, but now that you mention it, I do recall hearing something about that before.

I actually agree with you that Ryan should get it (that may be my Rogers hatred showing through), but I just think the media slobbers all over Rogers so he will win it.

PackerNation

Reaction score
FalconsFanNW":36ofecvm said:

I agree with a lot you said... especially the part about "The overall make up of your talent at almost all levels is equal to or better than Green Bay." Both QBs have been playing lights out but I think Atlanta has the edge in pretty much every other area... from defense to running backs to receivers.

Tons of respect for Rodgers and I am looking forward to a great game! Been an amazing season and it's not over!

#RISEUP
#QUINNING

Congrats on the great win FalconsFanNW. Tough to try and match up against your team with all of those injuries. 14 coming in and then 5-6 more before it ended. Still, all the credit goes to your team and that great front office and coaching staff.

Good luck in the Super Bowl. Not sure who you will be playing but they will have their hands full. I hope you guys stay focused, play loose and shake of the jitters early.

Well done and we will see you next year!

chris98251

Reaction score
PackerNation":2ylhzkl5 said:
FalconsFanNW":2ylhzkl5 said:

#RISEUP
#QUINNING

Congrats on the great win FalconsFanNW. Tough to try and match up against your team with all of those injuries. 14 coming in and then 5-6 more before it ended. Still, all the credit goes to your team and that great front office and coaching staff.

Good luck in the Super Bowl. Not sure who you will be playing but they will have their hands full. I hope you guys stay focused, play loose and shake of the jitters early.

Props to you PackerNation

FalconsFanNW

Reaction score
PackerNation":bbpcvsv5 said:

Thank you PackerNation!

Classy post! My hats off to the Packers... Rodgers is still slinging it down by 4 scores.

We are so pumped! 1998 was so long ago!

It's time to bring the Lombardi home to Atlanta!