Avril hurt

Seaswab

Reaction score
Avril Re injured his hamstring last week somehow....great.

Danny 710ESPNSeattle ‏@BrocknDanny 3m
#Seahawks DE Cliff Avril reinjured his hamstring last week, and will be limited this week.

OP
OP
S

Seaswab

Reaction score
Unfortunately my only impression of Cliff Avril as a Seahawk is him standing on the sideline in street clothes.

Hawknight

Reaction score
Seaswab":1gs0p2tk said:
Unfortunately my only impression of Cliff Avril as a Seahawk is him standing on the sideline in street clothes.

So I smell "possible cut", I mean there must be some other option available after other team cuts.

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
Hawknight":yh6ozgiu said:
Seaswab":yh6ozgiu said:

So I smell "possible cut", I mean there must be some other option available after other team cuts.

I'd be surprised...he's signed for 2 years, and we are already in pass rush limbo with Clemons up in the air and Irvin out for 4 games.

Basis4day

Reaction score
It's football. Injuries happen. I'll worry if he gets PUPed.

Happypuppy

Reaction score
How do you injure your hamstring when you do not even play? I am not getting a great impression of this guy

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
Not bothered really... he needs to prove it on the field. Clemons is my concern... he's been so vital to this team for three years.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Happypuppy":11wyu4cl said:
How do you injure your hamstring when you do not even play? I am not getting a great impression of this guy

He did return to the practice field. It is possible to pull a hamstring in practice, you know.

Barthawk

Reaction score
Basis4day":32ydyfge said:
He cannot be put on the PUP.. he passed his physical and practiced.. You have to start TC on the PUP in order to be on for the regular season.. The Hawks have until 31Aug to decide if Clemons is on the active roster or if he has to sit the first six weeks.

Furthermore, I don't care Avril not playing in the preseason as long as he is healthy for Sept 8 and beyond. I think this regime is cautious when it comes to the health of their high salaried players..

OP
OP
S

Seaswab

Reaction score
He only did individual drills and someone hurts his hamstring again

mikeak

Reaction score
Holy smokes there are players ACROSS this league that are already out for the season because of training camp injuries (not pre-season games) and this guy has some nagging hammy injury and people are calling him a scrub. It is football - this stuff happens and you just hope it doesn't happen to a key player.

Hamstring injuries can get a lot worse and put a guy out for the season so keep him out until he is 100% and then get him in there......

C-Dub

Reaction score
Hammies suck. Very tough to heal and very prone to re-injuring. Crappy news considering the injuries on the D-Line already....and suspension.

Basis4day

Reaction score
Barthawk":3op3sz08 said:
Basis4day":3op3sz08 said:
He cannot be put on the PUP.. he passed his physical and practiced.. You have to start TC on the PUP in order to be on for the regular season.. The Hawks have until 31Aug to decide if Clemons is on the active roster or if he has to sit the first six weeks.

Furthermore, I don't care Avril not playing in the preseason as long as he is healthy for Sept 8 and beyond. I think this regime is cautious when it comes to the health of their high salaried players..

Thanks for the clarification. Ok. I'll worry if he gets IR'd