Ayo Idowu getting a chance with the Hawks

NYCoug

Reaction score
I hadn't seen this posted here, although I might have missed it since it happened about a week ago. Kind of an under the radar move, and it's only a tryout so he still isn't a Hawk yet, but I like the kid's game and he's got a pretty cool story. I'll definitely be pulling for him. He's this year's Brian Banks for me.

http://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2013/05/06/tommies-blog-ayo-idowu-gets-tryout-with-seahawks/

He's 6'2 255 and apparently ran a 4.78 40 and a 7.02 three-cone drill. He's from an extremely small school and I wonder if the fact that John Schneider also went to St. Thomas gave the Seahawks a heads up on the guy. With Patrick Chukwurah gone, the Seahawks are sorely lacking in the obligatory team African department. With the Tanzania ads going back up at the CLink, there must be a conduit to Mt. Kilimanjaro on the field, or at least on the Practice Squad.

[youtube]ga3PypwuzGQ[/youtube]

Granted, the level of competition is an absolute joke compared to the NFL, but I do like that he shows he can absolutely dominate the terrible competition. I love that he used to get in trouble at home for staying and lifting weights in high school. All that hard work might soon pay off. Just another dude with a chip on his shoulder and seemingly a mountain to climb to add to the mix. Training Camp is going to be insane!

Spleenhawk2.0

Reaction score
Tape looks impressive at first glance - but MAN is the opposing offensive line play atrocious! Idowu has a straight shot to the ball carrier in most of those clips, because the offensive lineman just fall down....and the lack of size also striking. At 255, Idowu looks to be just about the same size as his opponents OL. Really cool story though, and if he can get into a little better shape (he looks a little soft) he would def be someone to watch in training camp - assuming he would get an invite

Trenchbroom

Reaction score
Sounds like a perfect Adopt-a-Rookie candidate to me. If he makes it out of rookie camp I'm in!

bestfightstory

Reaction score
Oh, wow. I had no idea Schneider went to St Thomas. Same small local athletic conference as the college I attended.

St Thomas
Augsburg
Concordia
Macalester
St Johns
St Olaf
Carleton
Etc

Hawk Finn

Reaction score
bestfightstory":39b9pvhr said:
Oh, wow. I had no idea Schneider went to St Thomas. Same small local athletic conference as the college I attended.

St Thomas
Augsburg
Concordia
Macalester
St Johns
St Olaf
Carleton
Etc

Didn't Betty White attend St Olaf?

TheArtOfHops

Reaction score
bestfightstory":124arq0r said:

St Thomas
Augsburg
Concordia
Macalester
St Johns
St Olaf
Carleton
Etc

Haha me too. It was pretty pitiful watching football in that conference I can concur.

Seafan

Reaction score
Slim chance any invitee from the rookie camp signs a contract with the Hawks.

A

Anonymous

Hawk Finn":3uatmoxe said:
bestfightstory":3uatmoxe said:

St Thomas
Augsburg
Concordia
Macalester
St Johns
St Olaf
Carleton
Etc

Didn't Betty White attend St Olaf?

You are correct, Sir, yes. She did a lot of crazy $!#t there too.

Will see if this guy gets invited. He might just be a diamond in the rough.

kearly

Reaction score
In 2010, Seattle would have been a smart place for the Brian Banks of the world to try their luck. Nowadays, not so much.

sutz

Reaction score
Given that our draft picks have a tough row to hoe trying to make the squad, this guy's chances can't be good.

Great story, though. And hey, you never really know.