Backhand flip TD

jake206

Reaction score
Might not be a huge thing, but I just watched the replay of RW backhand flip TD to Marshawn. He flipped between two defenders with a perfect spiral. Can't get over how cool a play that was. Then Beastmode TD celebration was a :th2thumbs:

bestfightstory

Reaction score
He could have been slaughtered. That was Bevell at his reckless worst.

Oh, wait. It worked? Nevermind.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
I am so glad they used that. It was sweetness. Lynch looked really, really happy today.

I wonder if Lynch has himself on his fantasy team and getting that 3rd TD put him over. He just seemed to be a lot looser tgan usual.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
I peed myself a little on that play. It was a thing of beauty, Russell is a magician!

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
loafoftatupu":k3lstilo said:
I am so glad they used that. It was sweetness. Lynch looked really, really happy today.

I wonder if Lynch has himself on his fantasy team and getting that 3rd TD put him over. He just seemed to be a lot looser tgan usual.

I noticed that, too. Lynch was smiling, and laughing it up. When was the last time you saw someone--espec. Lynch--throw a ball to the fans?!? I'd have reacted with a bit more excitement to receive such a fantastic gift than the... who actually caught it.

Atradees

Reaction score
You guys think that was a called play? It was Favrian improvisation. That's my take-no disrespect intended of course;)

Wilson comes out of the rapidly collapsing pocket and shot puts the ball to Beast Mode. Still a thing of beauty none-the-less...

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
Atradees":24evz35a said:
You guys think that was a called play? It was Favrian improvisation. That's my take-no disrespect intended of course;)

I would say so too. The team & Lynch are happy when they're having fun and winning.

HawkHack

Reaction score
Atradees":tw5hzg08 said:
Yup. Reminded me of that game in '06 [ ? ] where Favre did something very similar to the Hawks to make something of nothing. Frustrating to the max. I'm glad that the crazy flip-pass-guy is on our side now.

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
I remember Hass having one or two of those shovel-passes near the end of his tenure here that actually worked. They're completely non-scripted, and the kind of back-yard football that makes mere mortals like me appreciate the human aspect of the game even more.

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
Of course it was a called play. Lynch was the checkdown. I'm sure that's not exactly how it looked when they drew it up but Lynch was where he was supposed to be and Russell got him the ball the best way he could. Awesome play.

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
Zebulon Dak":2u75nltk said:
Of course it was a called play. Lynch was the checkdown. I'm sure that's not exactly how it looked when they drew it up but Lynch was where he was supposed to be and Russell got him the ball the best way he could. Awesome play.

C-Dub

Reaction score
keith da hawk":3pk5es43 said:
Definitely a badass improvisational play by RW.
Reminds me of a 2nd baseman flipping the baseball to the short stop for a double play.

HawkWow

Reaction score
Lynch mirrored his QB, found the soft spot and made it possible for the improvising RW to spot him. A split second later, Wilson became Flip Wilson (if anyone remembers that guy). This was better than any designed play, it was 2 players synched and playing as 1.

Don't want to play the disrespect card, but it's odd we've not seen much of that play on the highlight shows. WTF?

drdiags

Reaction score
HawkWow":1mrg2u5g said:
Lynch mirrored his QB, found the soft spot and made it possible for the improvising RW to spot him. A split second later, Wilson became Flip Wilson (if anyone remembers that guy).

The Devil made him do it

bestfightstory

Reaction score
Smelly McUgly":3i8t9soy said:
bestfightstory":3i8t9soy said:
He could have been slaughtered. That was Bevell at his reckless worst.

Oh, wait. It worked? Nevermind.

Yeah, let's credit Bevell for Russell Wilson's improvisational skills because that makes a whole lot of sense, said no one ever.

It's about calling your QB's number and trusting him to make a play, I think.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
drdiags":evyctpja said:
HawkWow":evyctpja said:
Lynch mirrored his QB, found the soft spot and made it possible for the improvising RW to spot him. A split second later, Wilson became Flip Wilson (if anyone remembers that guy).

The Devil made him do it

^ this.... :twisted:
He he he

Evil_Shenanigans

Reaction score
That shovel pass spoke volumes to me as to where the team is at right now. A) That play was a sign of supreme confidence in the players. B) It’s a sign that Bevell is confident enough that he is starting to get some of his fancier plays into the arsenal. They are doing (almost) all the right things at the right time. No one wants to play the Seahawks right now! Even the press is sweeping this one under the rug. All the headlines on NFL and ESPN are about the Broncos win right now. Not one article on either of them about the only team in the league with 10 wins! You’re doing something right when you are so good your stinking up the show! Also of note was the fact that we pulled our starters early in the 4th Quarter. You think Peyton would ever let something like that happen to quash his desire to pad his stats? Hell no!
Go Hawks!