Baldwin is this Generations Largent

irocdave

Reaction score
The Breh":3cdh6voc said:
ZorntoLargent":3cdh6voc said:
First off, don't compare him to Largent.
Largent would never pretend to take a dump in the end zone at the Super Bowl.
Largent also retired the all time leader in catches, yards and TD's.
You're drunk

You guys need to leave "character" out when someone is obviously comparing him to on field production.
Largent wouldn't have taken a dump, sure.
Game is more risqué and Baldwin was mocking someone else, no ?
You guys must have a hard time watching games these days because it isn't is as "respectful" now.
Back when dudes were getting blasted on the head, play the next snap and who knows what galaxy they might have even been in, you thought that to be more "respectful"

Draw the comparisons of the production, of a Seahawks player.

When was the last time you watched on national television, millions of people watching, a player acting out shitting out a football. If you don't understand a majority of viewers objected to it, including me, my wife, kids and parents, and form opinions about that act, maybe you need to reflect on where that public opinion line really lies in comparison to where you think it is.

ZorntoLargent

Reaction score
The Breh":3oqij9wn said:
ZorntoLargent":3oqij9wn said:

You guys need to leave "character" out when someone is obviously comparing him to on field production.
You guys must have a hard time watching games these days because it isn't is as "respectful" now.
Back when dudes were getting blasted on the head, play the next snap and who knows what galaxy they might have even been in, you thought that to be more "respectful"

Fine, character aside. Baldwin isn't even close to being as good as Largent was.
Largent averaged 935 yds for 14 years. Baldwin just now got over 935 yds ONCE.
Before you say the current team is run first, Largent played for a coach named GROUND CHUCK.

The Breh

Reaction score
irocdave":385imhax said:
The Breh":385imhax said:
ZorntoLargent":385imhax said:

When was the last time you watched on national television, millions of people watching, a player acting out shitting out a football. If you don't understand a majority of viewers objected to it, including me, my wife, kids and parents, and form opinions about that act, maybe you need to reflect on where that public opinion line really lies in comparison to where you think it is.
If you have kids, for one-you have every power to monitor to what they watch.
You're wife and parents are grown, I have a feeling they can live with their lives.
Booze and boobs have been around the NFL for decades. Commercials are worse.
If you have a problem with Baldwin and ONE celebration you got it messed up.
Sorry dude.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
We're watching a legend in his prime. We'll be able to tell our kids (or grandkids, or great-grandkids) that we watched Russell Wilson throwing to Doug Baldwin. I always try to remember that when I watch these games, and it becomes a lot more fun.

harryjohnson

Reaction score
The Breh":2mz801bd said:
irocdave":2mz801bd said:
The Breh":2mz801bd said:
ZorntoLargent":2mz801bd said:

You're wife and parents are grown, I have a feeling they can live with their lives.
Sorry dude.

Just because players behavior changes doesn't always make it better. Largent was a class act. He made a point of always respecting his opponent. I can recall only one time seeing him spike the ball. It was after he recovered Harden's fumble.

Hard to blame the man. Paybacks are a bitch.

He personified Lombardi's quote "Act like you have been there"

Largent was a stud. And he is revered for good reason.

But for the love of all things football, let's be real.

Baldwin may get there someday.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
The Breh":2mpj2cmi said:
irocdave":2mpj2cmi said:
The Breh":2mpj2cmi said:
ZorntoLargent":2mpj2cmi said:

Sorry dude.
THIS!

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
The Breh":1v74s2zx said:
Sorry dude.

Since when does the proliferation of poor taste make another singular act of poor taste more acceptable? Sorry, that's messed up logic. Doug's national dance was sad, childish, and disrespectful to his fans (and the refs who flagged it and the NFL who fined him). This was so for many people, regardless of how much other distasteful rhetoric and advertising is around as well. Largent would not have lowered himself to such a standard, and I doubt Doug would again.

I'd be thrilled if someday we're talking about Baldwin's longevity in the league playing at a similar standard as Largent. Just because he's not in that particular discussion yet removes nothing from his incredible plays. His focus and concentration are amazing...

SomersetHawk

Reaction score
A footballing comparison that transcends colour, good stuff. #Progress

Wasn't alive when Steve was playing so Doug's without a doubt the best Hawks receiver I've seen. Think TyLo could be every bit as good, albeit different. Like Duper and Clayton, Bruce and Holt or Wayne and Harrison.

McGruff

Reaction score
Seymour":1xsnus7s said:
HawkGA":1xsnus7s said:
Not sure Largent would ever have been described as Angry Steve.

Exactly. Also Steve Largent is in an entirely different class and never would have taken a "live steamer" in front of 114 million people. :pukeface:

55593831.jpg

themunn

Reaction score
ZorntoLargent":1i0u9grg said:
Fine, character aside. Baldwin isn't even close to being as good as Largent was.
Largent averaged 935 yds for 14 years. Baldwin just now got over 935 yds ONCE.
Before you say the current team is run first, Largent played for a coach named GROUND CHUCK.

Seahawks were in top 10 (and usually top 5) in pass attempts every year which Jack Patera was coach though, that makes a huge difference.

Also, I'd consider Randy Moss and Terrell Owens better receivers than Largent and both have far worse character traits than Baldwin.

OkieHawk

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":18owh3mw said:
We're watching a legend in his prime. We'll be able to tell our kids (or grandkids, or great-grandkids) that we watched Russell Wilson throwing to Doug Baldwin. I always try to remember that when I watch these games, and it becomes a lot more fun.

That's a very good point, and an awesome perspective. :irishdrinkers:

Ozzy

Reaction score
OkieHawk":1nkcgwie said:
MontanaHawk05":1nkcgwie said:

That's a very good point, and an awesome perspective. :irishdrinkers:

Couldn't agree more and I've told my son the same. Enjoy it now because guys like Wilson, Baldwin etc. don't come around very often.

TorontoHawk

Reaction score
Largent80":2mmfbzoo said:
Pretty simple. He runs excellent routes, has awesome body control, is a great blocker and team mate oh and also make outstanding catches..

I love me some Doug Baldwin. And he is on par with Steve.

I wonder what Chris Carter would say now? Best pedestrian WR out there.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
I love me some Doug Baldwin, but uh...NO..Not even close yet. JMO

OP
OP
Largent80

Largent80

Reaction score
I didn't say he was Largent I merely said he is this eras version. He had his best year last year and is picking right up where he left off.

I said it because he's balling out. Largent is my favorite player of all time ,so for me to say this is a pretty good compliment.

Latest posts