Baldwin's Penalty

Bobblehead

Reaction score
Dougs (cough) apology.
Latest News
News Headlines Preseason Outlook
Seahawks' Doug Baldwin apologizes for Super Bowl penalty
by Chris Cwik | CBSSports.com
(1:10 am ET) Seahawks wideout Doug Baldwin apologized to the team's fans for picking up a 15-yard penalty in Super Bowl 49, according to the Seattle Times.

Baldwin appeared on a local radio show on Monday, and said he made a mistake in the moment. "In that moment it was just a reaction," Baldwin said. "So obviously if I could go back, I would take it back."

Baldwin admitted his actions, which picked up the penalty, were directed at opposing cornerback Darrelle Revis. "There was competitive stuff going on in that game and in that moment I just let out what I felt personally," Baldwin said. He also admitted he was frustrated by his lack of opportunities during the game.

Baldwins penalty..

Yeah, ok, but I don't believe the " it was a reaction" because it sure looked premeditated, when you see him point to Kearse or whoever it was to go along with him.

If true, to lose your head in perhaps the biggest game of his life is totally inexcusable. He's not a rookie, he's a vet and wants to be a respected player, and leader on the team.. how could that ever be possible.

I'd like to see him hold himself accountable and just retire. for good.

peppersjap

Reaction score
I'm glad to see he has finally apologized for his actions but I'm thinking there has finally been enough backlash on the team that they finally told him he needed to do it. He openly said he didn't regret his actions earlier. That being said, I was one who really wanted to see us part ways with him but in reality that is not going to happen. I just hope the guy actually grows up because he can be a positive part of the team but he has been around long enough that he needs to be a leader.

If his explanation is true for why he did it he needs to step back before he takes shots at someone like Revis, he had 1 catch for 3 yards. He might want to follow Sherman's actions but when he calls someone out like Crabtree he can back it up. As much as I want to be behind our players he has no business taking a shot at someone like Revis!

kidhawk

Reaction score
The fact he can apologize and people still ride his jock about this is proof positive that this thread isn't about one action, it's about a dislike of Baldwin and just looking for anything to smear him with. It's absolutely ridiculous. Fans don't have to like every player on the team, but when people can't even accept an apology for an on the field reaction, then they have a beef that they really should be letting go. From ALL reports, Baldwin is a good guy off the field, who is a competitor on the field who lets his emotions at times get the better of him. You want a Pete Carroll team? You want to win? Competitiveness breeds high emotions and high emotions breed mistakes, ESPECIALLY in the heat of battle. If fans can't accept this, then they shouldn't be rooting for a Pete Carroll NFL team, because this is what he brings to the table. Him and John SEEK out this type of player. These are the types of players that build winning franchises.

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
More from the apology...

“I do regret the fact that it cost my team 15 yards, and to the fans, ultimately I apologize to anybody who I offended in any way,” Baldwin said. “It wasn’t about that. It was a competitive situation. So to all the 12s, all the fans, that’s not what it’s about. So I apologize to anyone if I offended you.”

profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/02/17/doug-baldwin-apologizes-for-his-super-bowl-celebration/

NJSeahawk

Reaction score
The poop heard round the world!

I guess this beats uniform threads.

Btw, we are 0-2 in home blues.

Can we wear alternates next year?

Bobblehead

Reaction score
kidhawk":brchgcbu said:
The fact he can apologize and people still ride his jock about this is proof positive that this thread isn't about one action, it's about a dislike of Baldwin and just looking for anything to smear him with. It's absolutely ridiculous. Fans don't have to like every player on the team, but when people can't even accept an apology for an on the field reaction, then they have a beef that they really should be letting go. From ALL reports, Baldwin is a good guy off the field, who is a competitor on the field who lets his emotions at times get the better of him. You want a Pete Carroll team? You want to win? Competitiveness breeds high emotions and high emotions breed mistakes, ESPECIALLY in the heat of battle. If fans can't accept this, then they shouldn't be rooting for a Pete Carroll NFL team, because this is what he brings to the table. Him and John SEEK out this type of player. These are the types of players that build winning franchises.

It took over two weeks for what sounds more like damage control, perhaps from his agent. He's already gone on record several times to say he doesn't give a crap what we think.

It's not about smearing him, it's about not winning the Super Bowl and I for one think he has a big hand in our loss.

From all reports? what reports? I have yet to see anything except pics of him in the hospital, which could be, might not be publicity stunts. THere's a thread on this site right now, disclaiming of his good guy appeal.

competitiveness breeds high emotions and high emotions breed mistakes, ESPECIALLY in the heat of battle.

Agreed, that's why a lot of players spike the ball in celebration, they don't take the time to orchestrate what seems to be a planned celebration.. Who the hell would come up on impulse in the heat of battle to poop on the field? No, that was premeditated and planned.

If fans can't accept this, then they shouldn't be rooting for a Pete Carroll NFL team, because this is what he brings to the table. Him and John SEEK out this type of player. These are the types of players that build winning franchises

BS. If this is the type of player that will disgrace, Pete Carroll, Paul Allen, the 12th man, his team mates on the biggest event in America on National TV, no I don't want him.

IF this is the type of player that thinks it's alright to put the Super bowl in doubt for his own personal agenda, No I don't want him. This the Superbowl, where this team has worked so hard, has over come so much, where people have vested so much time and money, only to have it compromised by one player and his selfish ego?
No thank you.

kidhawk

Reaction score
Bobblehead":24ap3y0p said:
kidhawk":24ap3y0p said:

It took over two weeks for what sounds more like damage control, perhaps from his agent. He's already gone on record several times to say he doesn't give a crap what we think.

It's not about smearing him, it's about not winning the Super Bowl and I for one think he has a big hand in our loss.

From all reports? what reports? I have yet to see anything except pics of him in the hospital, which could be, might not be publicity stunts. THere's a thread on this site right now, disclaiming of his good guy appeal.

competitiveness breeds high emotions and high emotions breed mistakes, ESPECIALLY in the heat of battle.

Agreed, that's why a lot of players spike the ball in celebration, they don't take the time to orchestrate what seems to be a planned celebration.. Who the hell would come up on impulse in the heat of battle to poop on the field? No, that was premeditated and planned.

If fans can't accept this, then they shouldn't be rooting for a Pete Carroll NFL team, because this is what he brings to the table. Him and John SEEK out this type of player. These are the types of players that build winning franchises

BS. If this is the type of player that will disgrace, Pete Carroll, Paul Allen, the 12th man, his team mates on the biggest event in America on National TV, no I don't want him.

IF this is the type of player that thinks it's alright to put the Super bowl in doubt for his own personal agenda, No I don't want him. This the Superbowl, where this team has worked so hard, has over come so much, where people have vested so much time and money, only to have it compromised by one player and his selfish ego?
No thank you.

As I said, proof positive

volsunghawk

Reaction score
Bobblehead":pib9aui2 said:

The fact that you think he "disgraced" all of those entities says tons more about you than it does about him. :roll:

jammerhawk

Reaction score
At least he made an apology, time to move on from this shitty thread.