Barnwell picks the Seahawks to win the Super Bowl

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
I find it funny that we all believe that the scheduling favored the 49ers giving them an edge and yet he lists us having an easier schedule as the rationale for why he picks them to pass us.

hawker84

Reaction score
A stronger running game? Gore is damn good, but he's no Lynch, and i'll put our backups against anybody's in the league, PLUEEEEZ.. Better quarterback, remains to be seen, i'll give them a stronger front 7. We have a better recieving core and better defensive backfield. they have a stronger linebacking core, but not by a very big margin, ST if the pre-season is any indicator, that edge goes to us.

I see Seattle as the overall stronger team. we matchup better with them than they do us, accept in the trenches, which is important...

BocciHawk

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":39ak0hzy said:
I find it funny that we all believe that the scheduling favored the 49ers giving them an edge and yet he lists us having an easier schedule as the rationale for why he picks them to pass us.

Well, I understand his logic, but it is also true that we have easier teams at home, and tougher teams on the road, while the 49ers have it the other way around, most of the tough teams are coming to play them in their house, and their easier games are on the road.

You can't improve on 8-0 at home... Now, that said, I do think that sometimes being on the road can be an advantage, there are less distractions. The 10 AM East coast thing is statistically real, though, and something we will "enjoy" five times of our eight away games.

Killa Kam

Reaction score
BocciHawk":2ubng58f said:
TwistedHusky":2ubng58f said:

Well, I understand his logic, but it is also true that we have easier teams at home, and tougher teams on the road, while the 49ers have it the other way around, most of the tough teams are coming to play them in their house, and their easier games are on the road.

You can't improve on 8-0 at home... Now, that said, I do think that sometimes being on the road can be an advantage, there are less distractions. The 10 AM East coast thing is statistically real, though, and something we will "enjoy" five times of our eight away games.

I hate that excuse we played/beat the Patriots and Packers at home, while the Niners played/beat both of those teams on the road last year. Great teams win on the road period, I don't expect them to win every game but I hate the built in excuse for a loss.

I'd love it if we went 6-2 at home and on the road rather than 8-0 at home and 4-4 on the road

kearly

Reaction score
Barnwell, I don't think I've ever disagreed with a writer more frequently who wasn't an idiot. Kaepernick is probably going to improve this year but he's a system QB and Wilson was the NFL's best QB after week 8 last season. I would give Seattle the edge in the running game, they are right up there with SF and Washington but unlike those teams they barely ran read option last year and don't have a run-first QB. Once we went read option last year we had the NFL's #1 rush offense during that span and it wasn't even close (210 rush yards per game), and that was us only using the read option about 20% of the time.

He also completely skipped over Quinton Patton when talking about 49ers WRs who could step up, though I'll cut him some slack on that one.

Kixkahn

Reaction score
What a freaking joke. No Kaepernick is not better than Wilson. No Gore is not better than Lynch. Of course they don't really have any star receivers aside from Bolden who happens to be rather old in football years.

rideaducati

Reaction score
Killa Kam":30i8g9jm said:
BocciHawk":30i8g9jm said:
TwistedHusky":30i8g9jm said:

I hate that excuse we played/beat the Patriots and Packers at home, while the Niners played/beat both of those teams on the road last year. Great teams win on the road period, I don't expect them to win every game but I hate the built in excuse for a loss.

I'd love it if we went 6-2 at home and on the road rather than 8-0 at home and 4-4 on the road

What would be so wrong with 8-0 at home and 6-2 on the road? No sense losing at home just to make the road record look better.

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
better coaching, a stronger running game, a better front seven, and arguably a better quarterback.

Bahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahaha

bestfightstory

Reaction score
When Barnwell and his little buddy started trashing Soundgarden in a recent podcast they died to me.

Latest posts