Beast Mode II (Beastquake 2, Beastquake2.0, Beastquake II)

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Basis4day":2mzj46on said:
After about the 10th time watching.... Did anyone see Earl Thomas jumping on the pile helmetlless to celebrate that TD?
I had to rewind a couple time to figure out who it was, he must have followed the play down the sidelines.

themunn

Reaction score
Dizzlepdx":13enhg47 said:
Original Beast Quake was the better run based on the stiff-arm alone. This run was great but there were really about 2 1/2 broken tackles by Lynch. One at the LOS, Peterson, and the ankle biter at the end gets a 1/2. The OBQ has a solid 4 missed tackles.

Total side note, anyone else notice ET joined in celebrating in the endzone?

Total side note number 2, I'd never seen this clip of the reaction by the Colts' Mathis watching a highlight in the middle of their playoff game. The whole clip is good but their section starts at 1:43.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H2P6TwZlh6A

I think I've seen that before but forgot about it. I love both Mathis' reaction and Foster's (68)... "woooowww"

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
SacHawk2.0":ic64j1cb said:
This run was 3 yards longer, but during the Beastquake he broke 8 or 9 tackles to get in. He "only" broke 3 or 4 on this one.

12 yards longer. BeastQuake was 67 yards. This one was 79.

And it may seem like it wasn't nearly as good as the first, but then, we've been spoiled so much with badass runs like that, it's hard to really appreciate the incredible ones when they happen. He had a couple more broken tackles in the first one, but this one was pretty much on par with it. The difference was the atmosphere of a home playoff game vs. a huge regular season divisional game.

gargantual

Reaction score
I love that man. Just love him.

I'll be watching this over and over for years to come. Just like Beastquake. (Hey Beastquake should be included in the spellcheck database!)

We are lucky to be living during this Seahawks era. I'm glad this happened while my Dad was still around to experience it...and share it with my Mom and I. Wow.

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
While the Beastmode I stiff-arm was more impressive at first blush, once you watch him truck the two guys on the sidelines before taking off for the end zone, it's hard not to be impressed with this one. He goes through those guys like a bowling ball hitting a couple of ten pins. Just sends them flying. Yeah, he stiff-armed Tracy Porter ten yards down field, but it stopped his momentum a bit. This one didn't even slow him down. The run gets more impressive each time I see it.

NJSeahawk

Reaction score
DiligentWavyCopperbutterfly.gif

Tokadub

Reaction score
Such an amazing play! This one ranks right up there with the first Beastquake for me.

It was just a very special moment to witness that. Right from his first split second hesitation reading the "front line" and then breaking into his first 3-4 moves or "cuts" it seemed fondly familiar. At this point he was breaking off towards the right sideline and the way the play had unfolded was unmistakable to the resemblance of the original Beastquake.

There was a split second of joy where I was thinking "NO WAY IS THIS REALLY HAPPENING AGAIN?!?" Followed immediately by the thoughts "Oh dangit they are gonna get him, shoot that would of been incredible." It really looked like they were going to stop him, they had the numbers advantage 3 on 2 and they also appeared to clearly have the angle to at the very least knock him out of bounds about 40 yards shy of the Touchdown...

This is Patrick Peterson who I've heard some NFL experts refer to as one of the best athletes in the entire NFL, not only that but he's got backup and Lynch was cornered...

But what happened next still amazes me... Lynch bulldozed/stiff armed right through Peterson while barely slowing down and still fully protecting the ball while Lockette simultaneously pushes over the other defender like a bully on the playground. Lockette timed that push perfectly and I wish I could see it in super slow-mo HD to witness the shock on that guys face as he spins around in mid air to see who had just destroyed him the very instant he was making his move to hit Lynch.

The close up replay would show that Lynch's foot was nearly tripped up by the defender that Lockette had just demolished. That little sequence alone was unbeleivable that Lynch and Lockette were able to pull off what amounts to punking 2 defenders flawlessly with very little to no margin of error whatsoever given how little space they had to deal with to stay in bounds and navigate that successfully given their high speeds. That moment alone might be more miraculous than any moment of the original Beast Quake, if either Lockette or Lynch had been even .05 seconds faster or slower or 1 inch in any direction I'm not sure they could of pulled that off. It was like flawless harmony for them to pull it off, talk about team work good lord!

At this point I couldn't believe Lynch was still running because he looked entirely trapped as Peterson made his initial contact, but I thought he had surely stepped out of bounds. Then I started looking for flags while watching Lockette continue to destroy any Cardinal involved in the play.

By the time Lynch jumped in for the Touchdown with his legendary epic pose it was official... THAT WAS BEASTQUAKE 2.0 and you get the feeling Lynch knew it and could feel it coming right from the start. At this point I just started laughing in awed hysteria.

The chances of that happening AGAIN seemed so infinitely small. And witnessing it this time around was maybe even more special because you could see it starting to happen right from the start... there was this moment of shocked disbelief and even though he's done it before it really looked impossible, like "aww man wouldn't that be something, that's too bad they are going to get him here they come..." AND THEN IT HAPPENS AGAIN!!!

It was really a beautiful run if you notice all the little subtle things Lynch did, he was so incredibly decisive and explosive with his decisions during that run. It was like he knew exactly what he needed to do and knew he could do it while he executed it flawlessly, whereas the first time based on his interview afterwards he seemed kind of shocked about what just happened and it was more just brute strength and determination while breaking every single tackle.

Props to Lockette and the "undersized" Richardson (who also threw a great block), they both gave incredible effort to support Lynch in this legendary moment. It's plays like this which really show why we need a guy like Lockette on our team. I'm not sure if any other Wide Receivers could of made that block on the sidelines, dude can fly AND he's strong. It would of been easy for most guys to let off the gas there as you see the Cardinals #31 (Cromartie) did because he like myself analyzed that scenario as Lynch was going out of bounds plain and simple... nope :p

I'm not sure if Lockette was in on the play for Russell's 55 yard run, but if he wasn't he sure should of been because if Wilson had even 1 block downfield I think he too would of gone all the way for a TD.

A

Anonymous

It looks like "Beastquake 2" is the one trending the most.

If you are looking for gifs and memes and stuff anyway.

HawkAroundTheClock

Reaction score
I still get the goosebumps after dozens of viewings.

Raible's call rules, of course, but even the TV broadcast gets me. Collinsworth lets loose a half-chuckle/half-WOW! right after Beast breaks away from #21 & #26, then repeats that involuntary sound of awe as Marshawn crosses the 10. Great stuff all around.

kf3339

Reaction score
Both runs were a real pleasure to witness for all of us Hawk fans!

I'm not sure you can pick a favorite as both have special attributes on each run. For me Beastquake in Seattle had not only the playoff game implication, but the 12's causing a real earthquake reading! It also had a few more broken tackles on the play that Lynch threw off for the TD.

But for this game the Arizona defense is just far superior to the Saints that it isn't even funny. To jack the Peterson with the lateral cut to the sidelines, and then manhandle Paterson and Johnson on the sideline like rag dolls was also really special. This game had much at stake even though it was obvious they weren't coming back from a 21-6 deficit with only about a quarter to play.

So I won't pick, but say it was a real pleasure to see both runs!

pmedic920

Reaction score
Original takes the edge because of the setting, what was at stake, the overall scenario.
Both easily in top 10 Hawk moments, possibly top 5.

I'm still in utter awe over Lockette getting that final block in.

Holy Catfish, TouchDown.......
.......seaHawks.

jlwaters1

Reaction score
Beastquake has to be 1st, it was a playoff game and that game was still in doubt, Seattle was just hoping to waste some time off the clock. Yesterday's run was also great but the game wasn't really in question at that time.

Both runs were unbeleiveable. Top 4 "Beast" runs were

1) Beastquake- perfect 10
2) Desert quake- 9.5
3) Mini Beast quake-- against the Eagles in 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nf2Lr8ucJw8

4) 2013 Run vs. Texans