Beat Lions 38-6, beating Seahawks 37-3

OP
OP
M

Mizak

Reaction score
The announcer had a great point, if you only see these guys once every four years, good luck figuring out their system.
the same can be said for Baltimore right? Why did they execute flawlessly and Seattle failed in all?

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
Ravens Rushing vs Seattle

CAR YDS TD LONG
41 298 3 60
Jesus Christ - 298 yards. I mean I saw the game and heard the stat probably - but just looking at it again.

Wow. And we 'fixed' the run D this season! ;)

NINEster

Reaction score
The announcer had a great point, if you only see these guys once every four years, good luck figuring out their system.

Lamar has beaten every NFC team except the Giants. How the hell did they pull that off???

12AngryHawks

Reaction score
Baltimore putting up 37 isn't surprising, they're one of the few teams in the league that are very well-rounded with no glaring weaknesses. I just wish Seattle could've not looked so inept.

BASF

Reaction score
@Mizak @WmHBonney @cymatica each of your posts seem to ignore that I was the first to point out last season that Waldron runs too many plays that have the same routes for certain downs and distances. He is a predictable play caller. He has been since midway last season. Funny how it coincides with Geno's turnover worthy plays going way up. I also pointed out that our scheme to slow down the Ravens rush was the same we used against the Browns and their D Coordinator was all over it. They adjusted in the second quarter and we never countered.

Last edited:

renofox

Reaction score
Seahawks went from 8th run defense to 21st run defense. So the run defense is crap again.
HEY! Weren't we like 30th last year?

This is the "new and improved!" run defense.

We're 21st!
We're 21st!
We're 21st!

hawkfan68

Reaction score
@Mizak @WmHBonney @cymatica each of your posts seem to ignore that I was the first to point out last season that Waldron runs too many plays that have the same routes for certain downs and distances. He is a predictable play caller. He has been since midway last season. Funny how it coincides with Geno's turnover worthy plays going way up. I also pointed out that our scheme to slow down the Ravens rush was the same we used against the Ravens and their D Coordinator was all over it. They adjusted in the second quarter and we never countered.
I wasn't too fond of the Waldron hire. Primarily because he didn't do any play calling with the Rams. McVay does that. I guess none of that rubbed off on him. I had some hope due to the success of last season but so far this season the offense has been inept except for the game against the Lions. There is way too much talent on offense to be this putrid. It's been mediocre at best for several weeks now. So I'm not basing it off one game. It's good enough to win against the bad and average teams but against good teams it struggles - see Cincy and Ravens.

Last edited:

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
Most of the talk nationally was more about how good the Ravens are vs the Seahawks being a bad team....that seems to be reserved for our own fan base.

Not saying that we don't have a lot to clean up on O, but considering so much of how teams do is dependent on schedule and matchups, how much recently is due to playing the Bengals, Browns, and Ravens in 3 of the last 4? 2 of the top defences into the league and another led by who many think might be the best DC in the league.

Yeah it means the Hawks aren't at the level of a team like the Ravens / Eagles etc especially on the road and I don't think any of our fans will be happy about that.

keasley45

Reaction score
@Mizak @WmHBonney @cymatica each of your posts seem to ignore that I was the first to point out last season that Waldron runs too many plays that have the same routes for certain downs and distances. He is a predictable play caller. He has been since midway last season. Funny how it coincides with Geno's turnover worthy plays going way up. I also pointed out that our scheme to slow down the Ravens rush was the same we used against the Browns and their D Coordinator was all over it. They adjusted in the second quarter and we never countered.

I see a lot of the same thing. A bunch of presnap motion and misdirection... and then drab, dry route concepts. And little to no adjustment to counter what thr D is showing.

The exception - the Lions game.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Are you happy with his field vision? When you're at the games, you see guys wide open all the time. Not sure if that shows up as much on TV, but it's pretty bad, often.

OneLofaTatupu

Reaction score
Baltimore putting up 37 isn't surprising, they're one of the few teams in the league that are very well-rounded with no glaring weaknesses. I just wish Seattle could've not looked so inept.
The 10a sluggishness in full effect - but insufferable incompetent ineptitude comes to mind.