Belichick Gone?

GemCity

Reaction score
Unconfirmed reports but, I’ve read that Belichick is gone after this season?

Are we following suit?

James in PA

Reaction score
Unconfirmed reports but, I’ve read that Belichick is gone after this season?

Are we following suit?
I have a feeling he's outta there. Too much smoke. As great as their track records have been (especially Bill B), I don't know why anyone in today's NFL would hire Bill B, Pete, or Tomlin. Maybe defensive guys will be in vogue again someday, but right now you need a HC who's philosophy is rooted in offense. People keep mentioning DQ. Loved the guy when he was here, but no thanks. Even if he finds another Shanny type OC, another team will just pluck him right away to be their HC. I think Bill B moves on, Pete stays (disinterested owner), and Tomlin (stubborn ownership) also stays.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
I would bet real American dollars he gets traded to the skins or chargers for an insane price to allow for an immediate rebuild for the Pat's.

OP
OP
GemCity

GemCity

Reaction score
I would bet real American dollars he gets traded to the skins or chargers for an insane price to allow for an immediate rebuild for the Pat's.
Lmao…you may be right

Lennie

Reaction score
Belichick going to the Commanders would remind me of Lombardi going to the Redskins.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Say what we will about Pete, but boy, Petey's held it together a whole lot better than post-Brady Belichick has.

knownone

Reaction score
It would be a dumb move by Kraft. But it's good for Belichick if he decides to keep coaching, especially if he goes to the Chargers, as is rumored.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I think this is an easy one. Why on earth would Bill come back for another 3, 4, 5 win season?

bileever

Reaction score
I didn't think Kraft would force Belichick out, but billionaires usually get what they want and they don't care what anyone else wants or thinks.

And I really doubt anyone wants to sign a 71-year-old coach to a long term deal. If I'm looking for a new head coach, I want someone who can be there for the next 10 years.

I want Belichick to come to Seattle to be co-head coach/defensive coordinator. It will be the septuagenarians' last hurrah. The Seahawks win the Super Bowl and Bill and Pete ride off into the sunset.

Hollandhawk

Reaction score
I didn't think Kraft would force Belichick out, but billionaires usually get what they want and they don't care what anyone else wants or thinks.

And I really doubt anyone wants to sign a 71-year-old coach to a long term deal. If I'm looking for a new head coach, I want someone who can be there for the next 10 years.

I want Belichick to come to Seattle to be co-head coach/defensive coordinator. It will be the septuagenarians' last hurrah. The Seahawks win the Super Bowl and Bill and Pete ride off into the sunset.
Their coaching styles are way too different. Plus I think bellichick is severely overrated.

Torc

Reaction score
I think this is an easy one. Why on earth would Bill come back for another 3, 4, 5 win season?
Pride. Ego.

Bill doesn't want to be the coach who won because he had the GOAT QB for all of his Super Bowls. I'm pretty sure Brady played for the Bucs for the same reason - but he succeeded.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Pride. Ego.

Bill doesn't want to be the coach who won because he had the GOAT QB for all of his Super Bowls. I'm pretty sure Brady played for the Bucs for the same reason - but he succeeded.

Nah. He's done. He won't risk yet another shit show season to end his incredible career.