Bennett on Kam Chancellor

Jville

Reaction score
Chancellor: Everyone would like to get an extension done. But in the end, Kam and his agent may decide to test the open market.

Bennett: Always the court jester, Michael routinely instigates thru thought provoking statements.

mrt144

Reaction score
I hope everyone realizes that pitchforks and torches are useless against Bennett.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
mrt144":28byqyma said:
I hope everyone realizes that pitchforks and torches are useless against Bennett.

Just like new contracts apparently.

Seymour

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":5toisfgz said:
edogg23":5toisfgz said:
It drives me crazy every time I hear Clayton say that they need to resign Kam before the season starts.
NO, if you are serious about competing in preseason for a starting job then you need to let him compete this season, prove his body can stay healthy and then sign him in the off season if the money makes sense at that point. Otherwise you collect the comp pick and move on.

I think what Clayton and others are saying is IF you're going to give Kam a new deal, do it before the beginning of the season so there are no distractions..........and Kam being discontent all year cause he realized he's not wanted back next year.

So yeah, if we're gonna give Kam a new deal? Do it now, don't wait.

I doubt that happens "right now". I heard that either Pete or John had mentioned they wanted to see how he recovers from off season ankle surgery, (or something close to that) before a new deal.

edogg23

Reaction score
Seymour":1esdkdwb said:
Sgt. Largent":1esdkdwb said:
edogg23":1esdkdwb said:
It drives me crazy every time I hear Clayton say that they need to resign Kam before the season starts.
NO, if you are serious about competing in preseason for a starting job then you need to let him compete this season, prove his body can stay healthy and then sign him in the off season if the money makes sense at that point. Otherwise you collect the comp pick and move on.

I think what Clayton and others are saying is IF you're going to give Kam a new deal, do it before the beginning of the season so there are no distractions..........and Kam being discontent all year cause he realized he's not wanted back next year.

So yeah, if we're gonna give Kam a new deal? Do it now, don't wait.

I doubt that happens "right now". I heard that either Pete or John had mentioned they wanted to see how he recovers from off season ankle surgery, (or something close to that) before a new deal.
I get why they do extensions early on guys getting their 2nd contracts. Usually they are on the rise still and you can get it done a little cheaper than waiting. But in this situation where it's a 3rd contract if Kam doesn't get an early extension he is forced to play at a high level this whole year to get that next big contract. Nothing is promised anymore when you haven't shown the ability to stay on the field. what if they give him an extension and he gets hurt for 4-6 games and one of those rookies comes in and plays great. You just wasted a bunch of money for no reason in 2018.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
edogg23":1h3pmmrx said:
I get why they do extensions early on guys getting their 2nd contracts. Usually they are on the rise still and you can get it done a little cheaper than waiting. But in this situation where it's a 3rd contract if Kam doesn't get an early extension he is forced to play at a high level this whole year to get that next big contract. Nothing is promised anymore when you haven't shown the ability to stay on the field. what if they give him an extension and he gets hurt for 4-6 games and one of those rookies comes in and plays great. You just wasted a bunch of money for no reason in 2018.

I wasn't saying to give Kam a new long term deal now, I was trying to explain why people like Clayton are saying that.

Personally I'd treat Kam's contract like we did with guys like Okung, Tate, etc...........let them play out their final year, tell them we want them back but if they can find a team that'll break the bank for them, more power to them, but that's not going to be us, just not cap feasible.