Best Player in Team History

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
Largent vs Walt is a legitimate debate. There's good arguments for both. I won't pick between them.

Reaneypark

Reaction score
I love Largent, but let's be honest with ourselves, if you were starting a brand new team, who would you take: Largent or Jones? You're lying or don't know football if you said Largent.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
I'd probably go Walt, he was the best LT to ever play

LickMyNuts

Reaction score
walter jones

fortunately, there are about a half dozen players on the current roster who will be in contention. but walter is hard to beat for me.

Threedee

Reaction score
It will be nice if Russell becomes a dominant QB and secures 4-6 Lombardis, because then we wouldn't have to pick. He's already got Mr. Clutch and 1 Lombardi to his namesake. Clearly, the evolution of the game has hurt Largent and helped Jones and Kennedy.

chris98251

Reaction score
Largent did it with a target on his back every game, he played from expansion team to playoff team, he was the guy that was looked to get the ball when needed and everyone in the stadium knew it. Much tougher road to travel then the others. Walt is in his own league granted but had a supporting cast as well, a Lineman can't do it on his own. There is one other player that not only tilted the field by scared others off of it and that was Kenny Easley, bar none he was the best to play, just didn't have the length of career the others did.

JaiSeaSea

Reaction score
Threedee":2mabw2nc said:
It will be nice if Russell becomes a dominant QB and secures 4-6 Lombardis, because then we wouldn't have to pick. He's already got Mr. Clutch and 1 Lombardi to his namesake. Clearly, the evolution of the game has hurt Largent and helped Jones and Kennedy.

I would have to agree with this. The game has evolved.
Having said that I pick Bosworth. :sarcasm_off:

kearly

Reaction score
Russell Wilson, I don't even care that it's too early. Fifteen years from now I would be surprised if this is even a discussion, given that Wilson is on pace for a legendary career.

Among the rest, probably Walt, Largent, Tez, Sherman and Thomas in no particular order.

grizbob

Reaction score
History aint over yet, get back to me at the end of time. :D

bjornanderson21

Reaction score
Walter Jones dominated a crucial position like no one else.

The number of sacks he allowed in his career is insanely low and would be even lower if he hadnt played through some injuries and given up a sack or two.

It is absolutely mindboggling how well he played LT.

bjornanderson21

Reaction score
kearly":sngzweqt said:
Russell Wilson, I don't even care that it's too early. Fifteen years from now I would be surprised if this is even a discussion, given that Wilson is on pace for a legendary career.

Among the rest, probably Walt, Largent, Tez, Sherman and Thomas in no particular order.
Too early....

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
Zebulon Dak":ayaia9nt said:
Largent vs Walt is a legitimate debate. There's good arguments for both. I won't pick between them.
If it's going to be a legitimate debate, then it needs to be kept solely between fans who watched both as adults. In which case, I really would be surprised if there were any debate and Largent didn't win hands down.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
I have been watching the Hawks since inception. Yes Largent and Walt were exceptional, but I can't get Kennedy out of my head. This guy occupied no less than 2 blockers everytime the ball was snapped. He singlehandedly ended the Nigerian Nightmare's reign of terror on the Seahawks defense.

It was not uncommon for him to be triple teamed. He is hidden because of those triple teams and was robbed of sack totals that went to others due to his distraction.

For those of you who really remember, could you imagine Tez being added to the Hawks current defense? There wouldn't be a question of all time ranking.

Largent saved the Hawks many times and Walt was invincible, but Kennedy has to be part of the conversation.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
I just can't forget that Monday night (I think) against KC in the Kingdome. When the 265 pound Okoye tried a run up the middle only to be picked up and body slammed backwards by Tez.

It was incredible. If anyone can find that footage, it would be the best .gif of all time.

Maybe that was in KC.. I gotta find that footage.

Vetamur

Reaction score
Cant believe people are writing Russell Wilson...... after 2 years? We dont even know how good he is actually because we are blessed with so much talent at so many positions.

Thats actually what makes me lean towards Largent over Walter Jones. Pre-free agency expansion team and within a couple years and for the next 10 years he was always a top 5 receiver, year in and out..top 5 in yards and catches.. NFL history leader when he retired in many categories. For the first half of his career defenses had to double, triple cover him (back when that meant actually doubling, not safety help)...and still got it done. Years with no running back support (1984, for example, the top rusher for Seattle had less than 400 yards).. years with unsettled QB situation (one week a lefty, the next a right...changes how you need to improvise your routes)..

This takes NOTHING away from Walter. But for my money, Largent was the best and also most important player to ever put on the Seahawk uniform.