Better make a statement today

irocdave

Reaction score
I am expecting a win because this team still has play makers and heart. They need to stop being social activists and start focusing on doing their job. The OC and O line coach are feeling the heat I'm sure and need to start doing their job as well. And I think they will. If the Hawks O craps the bed tonight the fans are going to let them know what they think of their performance, you can count on that.

Again, the Hawks are going to win this game. How they do it will impact our (fan) perspective of what the remainder of the season looks like.

If the Hawks drop this game look for a flat out revolt from the fanbase. Every player and coach will be on the hotseat, as they should.

SeatownJay

Reaction score
The Seahawks are definitely making a statement tonight, loud and clear. Unfortunately, that statement is "We're not a good team any more."

jeremiah

Reaction score
irocdave":3pyl7nu9 said:
I am expecting a win because this team still has play makers and heart. They need to stop being social activists and start focusing on doing their job. The OC and O line coach are feeling the heat I'm sure and need to start doing their job as well. And I think they will. If the Hawks O craps the bed tonight the fans are going to let them know what they think of their performance, you can count on that.

Again, the Hawks are going to win this game. How they do it will impact our (fan) perspective of what the remainder of the season looks like.

If the Hawks drop this game look for a flat out revolt from the fanbase. Every player and coach will be on the hotseat, as they should.

The players are more worried about things other than playing with heart, intensity and love. It is all about the money and their personal BS. The fans are not even cheering loudly, like a kids soccer game when compared to the peak of Hawk-mania.

OP
OP
johnnyfever

johnnyfever

Reaction score
Tale of two statements.

1st half: netted 1 point on offense; -2 for the safety and 1 field goal on the first drive. Atrocious and looked awful.

2nd half: Total domination. 50 burger type stuff. Still some mindnumbing playcalls here and there, but also some great stuff utilizing misdirection and short quick passing to the soft spots. OL really doing some great stuff, and appeared as though the were man to man vs zone on the run plays.

Overall: Ended well, gives me hope against the rams. They look pretty good and already lead our division, so we MUST win next week. After the second half of this game I think we can if the offensive coaches get out of the way. Go man to man wit the OL and run similar scheme to the second half. Bev sometimes has the memory of a goldfish so we will see, but atleast we showed we could still play hawk ball.

Good stuff, and I think this was the statement we needed, just fast forward until after halftime.

WestcoastSteve

Reaction score
jeremiah":idcm0ew7 said:
irocdave":idcm0ew7 said:
The fans are not even cheering loudly, like a kids soccer game when compared to the peak of Hawk-mania.

You must be a new fan, LOL

The crowd hasn't gotten worse, we've just gotten use to it.

Jville

Reaction score
johnnyfever":til8zur8 said:
We are playing one of the worst teams in the league today. The Rams in their current state are going to destroy us and take the division in our current state. I am watching the plays they are running, and they really have a good OC. Tons of misdirection which has lead to guys wide open with green in front of them. Man I wish we had some of this. We always talk about execution to get separation, but as other teams show, the offensive plays drawn up leave men way more open than being able to be a few hundredths of a second faster.

We are superior to rams in talent by the eye test, but these friggin coaches are really holding us back. Get a damn offensive line coach already. How many seasons of zero development does Pete, John and Paul put up with before they say enough is enough. I will say though the rams left guard seems to be as much of a turnstile as ours.

Side note, texans beat the titans 57-14, so there is that. Didn't look near as good as when they played us, which is telling. We make teams look pretty good so far.

The Colts are atrocious (although same record as us), and we are in serious need of a confidence boost. Hopefully if we don't absolutely destroy them our offensive coaches wake up to the fact that "waiting for it to gel" isn't a good strategy. We are going into a hostile rams stadium playing a team next week that already leads our division by 2 games, and looks much better than we do right now.

Sick of hearing how we accept that we suck for the first half season, AKA slow start, and the "slow starts" are getting worse not better.

I realize all this has been hashed out in thousands of posts here, but watching other teams play really puts it into perspective how much the coaches are woefully inadequate.

Let's come out of this game with a solid win and no injuries.

And of course, fire Bevell, fire Cable, please sweet baby jesus. This marks the finish of the first quarter of the season. Won't even have a chance at wildcard if we keep this crap up.

I think the coaching staff pretty much put you in your place tonight. Carroll's staff knows football.

Scorpion05

Reaction score
irocdave":oykd82v1 said:

Why are comments like this necessary? When you have certain experiences your perspective on life is your perspective

Otherwise, the Hawks put up a solid performance against a Colts team that by the end of the season will not be nearly as bad as everyone thinks

Seanhawk

Reaction score
WestcoastSteve":14xm4g7b said:
jeremiah":14xm4g7b said:
irocdave":14xm4g7b said:
The fans are not even cheering loudly, like a kids soccer game when compared to the peak of Hawk-mania.

You must be a new fan, LOL

The crowd hasn't gotten worse, we've just gotten use to it.

I'll get my ruler.

sutz

Reaction score
Statements are over-rated, epecially in game 4. :229031_shrug:

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Jville":1f0hn1oe said:
johnnyfever":1f0hn1oe said:
We are playing one of the worst teams in the league today. The Rams in their current state are going to destroy us and take the division in our current state. I am watching the plays they are running, and they really have a good OC. Tons of misdirection which has lead to guys wide open with green in front of them. Man I wish we had some of this. We always talk about execution to get separation, but as other teams show, the offensive plays drawn up leave men way more open than being able to be a few hundredths of a second faster.

We are superior to rams in talent by the eye test, but these friggin coaches are really holding us back. Get a damn offensive line coach already. How many seasons of zero development does Pete, John and Paul put up with before they say enough is enough. I will say though the rams left guard seems to be as much of a turnstile as ours.

Side note, texans beat the titans 57-14, so there is that. Didn't look near as good as when they played us, which is telling. We make teams look pretty good so far.

The Colts are atrocious (although same record as us), and we are in serious need of a confidence boost. Hopefully if we don't absolutely destroy them our offensive coaches wake up to the fact that "waiting for it to gel" isn't a good strategy. We are going into a hostile rams stadium playing a team next week that already leads our division by 2 games, and looks much better than we do right now.

Sick of hearing how we accept that we suck for the first half season, AKA slow start, and the "slow starts" are getting worse not better.

I realize all this has been hashed out in thousands of posts here, but watching other teams play really puts it into perspective how much the coaches are woefully inadequate.

Let's come out of this game with a solid win and no injuries.

And of course, fire Bevell, fire Cable, please sweet baby jesus. This marks the finish of the first quarter of the season. Won't even have a chance at wildcard if we keep this crap up.

I think the coaching staff pretty much put you in your place tonight. Carroll's staff knows football.

Eh. More like, they were lucky Frank Gore hadn't broken off two 90-yard TD's on our gassed defense by the time they finally trotted out their second-half playbook.

irocdave

Reaction score
jeremiah":1rufbe6i said:
irocdave":1rufbe6i said:

The players are more worried about things other than playing with heart, intensity and love. It is all about the money and their personal BS. The fans are not even cheering loudly, like a kids soccer game when compared to the peak of Hawk-mania.

I am usually the guy that gets ripped for being negative, but I think you are off base with this opinion. I think the team has a lot of guys in their late 20's, early 30's that were not expected to be what they are and have realized they are being asked to also be spokesman for human rights causes that they have never really been involved in. They are smart and articulate and are struggling with trying to satisfy everyone. In my opinion, they have let that get in the way of what their goals are and what made them different. They got caught up in politics and are struggling with the impact of that.

The thing is, once your not relevant in the sports world, no one, and I mean no one gives a crap about your cause. The NFL is the wrong sport to be a social justice warrior. Especially when the warrior is fighting a war against stuff that happened long ago and when they do speak out with an example, the video shows how hypocritical the stance was.

The players are not stupid, they will quickly understand how fleeting their opportunity is and regain focus on the job they are paid handsomely to perform. Sunday night was an example of that. When the chips are down you return to what you know and feel comfortable with, and with this team it's playing ball at a high level.